• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

And then my old Commodore 64. Favorite games included:

BMX Racers

BMXRacers.gif

and Tooth Invaders

tooth_invaders_01.gif

well snap if we are going to include electronic and video games I am going to have to post some nintendo games (which I actively collect now but had to settle for playing at a friend's house as a kid!)

these are a few of the games I fondly remember playing at my buddy's house back in 1987/88. Of course we played with opened copies back then. hm In order to prove my status as a dateless nerd I selected box versions appropriate to the 1987/88 time period. (extremely minor changes in 89).

DSCN277.JPG

I can remember playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out so much it felt like my nails were going to push completely through the insides of my thumbs. :cry:

lol as much as I liked my friend I may have liked playing Tyson on his NES more lol

Those NES games really take me back :cloud9:

thanks, me too! I'm more or less done with collecting NES games since I pretty much have them all, but pulling out the titles I originally played with back when I was 12 always put a smile on my face.

Here are mine in order

Sorry stole your photo followtheleader

P1050377.jpg

Followed by

T-Rex.gif

and Finally

turtleblimpA.jpg

Nice blimp. I had all the original line of Turtles with the soft heads the blimp and a couple other figures. They where the last toys I bought as a kid.

I had the softhead turtles "in box" for many years. We (me and my buds) ended up busting them open one night to test their durability against fireworks and air rifles one day. doh!

As much as I love Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Wars: He-man was always one of my favorite toy lines.

I was fortunate to buy a fair amount of them carded 10 years ago. Prices have really soared. I never thought I'd own a carded He-man or Skeletor (the 1st versions). But I was happy to finally pick them up recently.

I could talk about the MOTU figures and playsets forever. Some great pieces.

I know this isn't the best pic, but a "grail" for me:

P1050377.jpg

Here's a pic of the entire He-man Commemorative line that came out around 2000 (single figures). Made/packaged the same as the original with some great new external packaging. Considering selling the Commemorative line:

Congrats on your He-Man 8 back. Believe me when I tell you how much I understand when you say that is a grail for you.

I know allot of folks have different opinions. But IMHO, MOTU was the only toy line to get it right with respect to coming out with a commemorative or anniversary type line. They whipped out the same exact molds, cards, bubbles, art work, etc. Identical to the original 8 backs and MOTU line.

MOSC MOTU vintage toys would cost you thousands and thousands of dollars to acquire present day in the same condition the commemorative line is, meaning C9+ range.

I think for the average person who is not deep in the wallet, the commemorative line is an absolute winner in terms of capturing that nostalgic feeling without spending a fortune.

Did you ever consider breaking out your commemorative 8 backs from the external shell packaging and placing them in AFA type protective cases?? It would make a killer display.

Nice to see the similar interests. I'm too anal to bust anything out of package. That's why I plan on selling the Commemoratives.

Other good part is that I have almost every vintage figure MOC that they re-did in the Commemorative line. I think I am only missing Prince Adam, Trap Jaw, & Zodac. Would really like a replacement Mer-man too. Trap Jaw is a huge want for me.

I ended up buying the 10-Pack JC Penny Commemorative set. Cost a pretty penny but it's super nice. It goes for some bucks. Has a killer package design and a poster in the center. I happened to keep the original shipping box for it too (only way to properly protect it).

Pat

Love these Secret Wars figures! Still missing that great Black Spidey.

I had the opportunity to buy a three-pack about 10 years ago with Cap. I think it had Black Spidey and one other character. I should have bought it.

There was a good and evil castle/fortress. Remember getting those as a kid. I think I have an unopened Cap fortress.

The shields were both weird and a neat idea. Vehicles were made to pop secret compartments and store the shields.

Pat

80s Joes have been the bulk of my purchases in 2010. Loose high-grade figures are surprisingly affordable with some exceptions.

I really didn't care for the 90s Joes. At best, there are maybe 3-4 that are interesting.

Night Force Joes are ridiculously expensive. I don't remember them when I was a kid. But being that they made a Shockwave NF, I need to own one.

Just purchased one of my favs MOC a couple days ago: Bullhorn. He has this great suitcase where his rifle can breakdown into three components and be stored in the case:

IMG_10501.jpg

Anyone remember these? I had 4 or 5 different ones and absolutely loved putting them together.

I probably had a half dozen friends that bought them and nobody had put more than a couple of pieces together. They'd come to my house and comment on how cool mine were because they were assembled. I guess it was too tedious for them.

I thought they were the shiznit. :cloud9:

spinwelder1.jpg

Stretch Armstrong & Stretch Monster! :banana:

stretch-armstrong.jpg[/img] stretchm01.jpg[/img]

I had them both and loved them. I also had the six million dollar man doll and Hugo man of a thousand faces. The big wheel too! Cool thread!

Although I owned most/all of the first round of Micronauts toys, who could ever forget...

Pulsar, The Ultimate Man of Adventure!!

4950601755_89b94b3a63.jpg

And his arch-villain Hypnos, The Ultimate Enemy.

hypnosboxed.jpg

This guy could kick pulsars azz

steveboxedlarge.jpg

Sorry, but as proven in my own hand-on fight testing, I can definitely say that Pulsar seriously kicked the azz of both Steve Austin and Evel Knievel.

No arguing with science. :makepoint:

My Play testing showed the opposite of yours.. that's the beauty of kids play I guess

Johnny7.jpgJohnny7Box.jpg

Yes! The coolest personal defence weapon ever made!

:o That thing is cool. I have never seen that one.

Am I too old at 39 to run around the backyard with one???

Not at all.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Wow! I remember the big kids down the street having one of these steam engines when I was five years old.

(thumbs u

I'll pull it out tomorrow and see if it still works. Probably need new seals.

Kinda funny that the one extra tool i have for it (table saw ?) ended up being my profession..(like a machinist, but with wood, google can't translate it)

Anyone remember these little boxing hand puppets? I remember getting a pair at a local fair and loving them...

Rockypunchingpuppet.jpg

MrTpunchingpuppet.jpg

And I always slept with my...

B4HYzCwBGkKGrHqRjQEybwhilyBBMooTUqbcQ_12.jpg

Spent hours coloring and then baking these...

SHRINKYDINKSCOOKINTHEOVEN.jpg

Last but not least, Mom always hated these bad boys...

GARBAGEPAILKIDS.jpg

Edited by Comic Book Guy

Has anyone seen the new Mego superhero toys? I know these are'nt toys from the past,but bound to be classics.They are just like the original mego DCs

B64iDLQEWkKGrHqVlcEyjC129nBMyjyo6iFw-1_1.jpg

CBonvoB2kKGrHqZlQEz0SS5cDBNIgHtsyP0_12.jpg

I just had to pick them up. :applause:

Yes! Between Christmas and the holiday sale at the LCBS... I have a few of them now!

(thumbs u