• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

For me it was the Mego's... all day!

Captain America was (and is) my favorite so I had many of those... still do actually.

2205057383_6e4b9414f5_o.jpg

But I also had a blast with this...

2850567513_52a135715f_o.jpg

And for the handheld football games... sorry guys. But Football II had them all beat! You could finally PASS fercryinoutloud!

TEMPLATE20hh20mattel20football20220console20front20NM.jpg

And I'm stuck here... there was a line of figures that I really loved and I can't remember... the guy had a vest with a light... a black suit with gold stripes running down the front and there was a green monster with a vest as well... although he had a red light.

Ring any bells?

And for the handheld football games... sorry guys. But Football II had them all beat! You could finally PASS fercryinoutloud!

Completely agree with this. I still have one.

A few years ago, a co-worker and I would would battle each other. Just absolute fun.

Pat

My grandfather had a vibrating football game and every time we (my brother and I ) went over we were sent down cellar to play the game so we did not bother the adults. I do not remember the name of it but essentially you lined up the players and turned on the machine and they would move. They would knock down other players and the goal of the game was to get the quarter back to score a touch down.

Wish I knew the name of the game we spent a lot of Sundays and Holidays in the cellar playing that game (probably explains a lot!)

It was probably a Tudor since Tudor had an NFL licence and was therefore the most popular:

elecftricfootball.jpg

I have an Aurora Monday Night Canadian Football with the box. This of course is a bizarre conflux since football is very seldomnly played on Monday nights in the Canadian Football League.

lol

Completely agree with this. I still have one.

A few years ago, a co-worker and I would would battle each other. Just absolute fun.

Pat

NIce! That is the green one I was talking about earlier in the thread that my brother had.

Every young fellow growing up in Canada since WWII either had or wanted a Coleco hockey game:

colecopp.jpg

The various models of the games and the different player pieces are of course now hot collectibles among toy and hockey memorabilia collectors.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Every young fellow growing up in Canada since WWII either had or wanted a Coleco hockey game:

colecopp.jpg

The various models of the games and the different player pieces are of course now hot collectibles among toy and hockey momorabilia collectors.

I had one (thumbs u

A buddy of mine had a HO Lionel train set with an operating log dump car and a helicopter launch car. His set made me badly want a similar HO Lionel train set with these cars and others such as a milk can unloading car, missile launch car, bobbing head giraffe car, aquarium car and gold bullion car.

108194.jpg.7e5caa6131db0c6b5b55921ff661e364.jpg

108195.jpg.17f5e7880c1f57370ae5bc563f7c9d20.jpg

108196.jpg.3f614a0cce22693bebd400cfee9f543d.jpg

108204.jpg.7c58d848cda0f9fa8b5ac191ca9a95cc.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

The Aurora Universal monster model kits were one of the very best products aimed at young boys in the early sixties. I initially discovered these kits while tagging along with my mother as she haunted the Kresges, Woolworths, Zellers and Metropolitan stores in downtown London. The very cool ads Aurora ran for their monster customizing contest on the back cover of DC comics in the fall of 1963 and winter of 1964 also left a pronounced mark on my impressionable young mind. The Creature was my favourite, albeit the three I eventually ended up building were the Mummy, Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein's Flivver.

I also managed to score a super cool Standard Plastics Wolfman/Creature wallet for successfully hawking fifteen newspapers on a Saturday morning in the spring of 1964.

Of course I collect all these items now. I have most of the Aurora monsters M.I.B. with the exception of the Mummy's Chariot and the Godzilla and King Kong ones. The wallets are much tougher. I have the Mummy/Dracula and Frankenstein/Phantom ones but neither is in perfect enough condition for my demanding standards.

108321.jpg.5f788ba4f226c83bb5ec1cb0094aa22f.jpg

108322.jpg.55a649116637f4500ded008e4235cddb.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

The Aurora Universal monster model kits were one of the very best products aimed at young boys in the early sixties. I initially discovered these kits while tagging along with my mother as she haunted the Kresges, Woolworths, Zellers and Metropolitan stores in downtown London. The very cool ads Aurora ran for their monster customizing contest on the back cover of DC comics in the fall of 1963 also left a pronounced mark on my impressionable young mind. The Creature was my favourite, albeit the three I eventually ended up building were the Mummy, Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein's Flivver.

I also managed to score a super cool Standard Plastics Wolfman/Creature wallet for successfully hawking fifteen newspapers on a Saturday morning in the spring of 1964.

Of course I collect all these items now. I have most of the Aurora monsters M.I.B. with the exception of the Mummy's Chariot and the Godzilla and King Kong ones. The wallets are much tougher. I have the Mummy/Dracula and Frankenstein/Phantom ones but neither is in perfect enough condition for my demanding standards.

Here's a couple more:

108212.jpg.8a5cc748e78f31a7607a91ddbf36f9e9.jpg

108213.jpg.fe603a42fb40493d6fea2b4d5258e06e.jpg

colecopp.jpg

The various models of the games and the different player pieces are of course now hot collectibles among toy and hockey momorabilia collectors.

I had one (thumbs u

I've got one with the same teams - Toronto and Montreal. The playing board is white and baby blue though.

I happened to check out the FS thread this morning and saw the Micronauts 9.8W for sale...which immediately brought back flooding memories of this... :grin:

micronautsbattlecruiser.jpg

I remember desperately asking Santa for the Micronauts Battle Cruiser...I wanted it so badly...think my parents had to run all over looking for it, but there it was Christmas morning...and it was KICK AZZ! :cloud9: I loved this thing...especially the ship could fire the two side rockets and then had two smaller firing rockets that you could attach to the tail. Plus it was motorized...this was awsome...I played with it for years...although I did loose if for some time. You could pry off the orange heads of the rockets and essential fire the "sticks" --- they flew much faster and farther (essentially you could use the rocket launchers as hand guns :devil: ...all until I decided to shoot my younger brother...mom took 'em away for a while :cry:

I had it and loved it. A true childhood classic.

Anyway, this was the best toy I ever had...what say you....PS anyone else have this beast!!!!!

The Aurora Universal monster model kits were one of the very best products aimed at young boys in the early sixties. I initially discovered these kits while tagging along with my mother as she haunted the Kresges, Woolworths, Zellers and Metropolitan stores in downtown London. The very cool ads Aurora ran for their monster customizing contest on the back cover of DC comics in the fall of 1963 also left a pronounced mark on my impressionable young mind. The Creature was my favourite, albeit the three I eventually ended up building were the Mummy, Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein's Flivver.

:applause:

I had most of these as a kid. I remember getting King Kong and the Wolfman for Christmas in the early seventies(the glow in the dark versions). Even earlier, I received Batman, Robin, the Penguin and the Batmobile, ready made and painted by my grandfather. That had to be around 1968-69, which would have made me around 3 years old.

I now have most of the Monster models built up, but not the boxes. I do have an original Batman model mint in the box, and an Aurora Robin that is still sealed. I would really like to get the Penguin and Wonder Woman, both of which are pretty scarce and expensive.

colecopp.jpg

I had one (thumbs u

I've got one with the same teams - Toronto and Montreal. The playing board is white and baby blue though.

Games with Toronto Maple Leaf and Montreal Canadien players are the most common. For a really cool game you needed six or more different teams. Because games with Maple Leaf and Canadien players were issued most often, the player figures from these two teams are the least interesting to collectors.

:blahblah:

I'm on a huge toy kick now. Fun to get back into that childhood spirit.

One of my all-time favorite Christmas gifts was Optimus Prime.

I've had a few since my childhood. But a boardee just sold me the following. Looking forward to getting it.

Pat

Transformers were the best toys. Still have my optimus that I got in 1985, but no longer in the condition in your picture. Nice acquisition. Getting old toys back are great.

I know this is a comic forum but anybody have any interest in getting a section for toys on the forum?

Brother, I've been thinking this a lot lately. If they are not interested in a new section, it would be great if a thread like this could be a permanent sticky in this section. It seems like this happens about once every month. To me, it's just like the new comic acquisition sticky thread.

I agree!

:headbang:

I've had a few since my childhood. But a boardee just sold me the following. Looking forward to getting it.

Pat

Transformers were the best toys. Still have my optimus that I got in 1985, but no longer in the condition in your picture. Nice acquisition. Getting old toys back are great.

I know this is a comic forum but anybody have any interest in getting a section for toys on the forum?

Brother, I've been thinking this a lot lately. If they are not interested in a new section, it would be great if a thread like this could be a permanent sticky in this section. It seems like this happens about once every month. To me, it's just like the new comic acquisition sticky thread.

I agree!

This thread should be a sticky thread,I love looking back and checking out old toys that I had forgotten about.Also if anyone has a Great Garloo in the original box let me know.

Pat

I agree!

This thread should be a sticky thread,I love looking back and checking out old toys that I had forgotten about.Also if anyone has a Great Garloo in the original box let me know.

They don't make that much noise busting up a water main in the middle of the street. :roflmao:

:cloud9: