• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Beyond the annuals, there were a bunch of 80 page giants in the Superman titles. As a kid, these were by far my favorite old comics due to their size and the fact that they had old stories.

I will post a few on the non annuals.

Here is the first one in Superman. I love how DC acknowledges the golden age of comics. Oh and "Ma and Dad" lol

sm183.jpg

Beyond the annuals, there were a bunch of 80 page giants in the Superman titles. As a kid, these were by far my favorite old comics due to their size and the fact that they had old stories.

I will post a few on the non annuals.

Here is the first one in Superman. I love how DC acknowledges the golden age of comics. Oh and "Ma and Dad" lol

sm183.jpg

This was one of the first annuals I bought. Still remember being very disappointed with the sketchy pencilling, being used to Curt Swan's noble imaging!

This is probably my favorite Superman annual:

Superman193.jpg

I remember when I got my copy of that book it was cool to see that I had the original to one of the cover stories, and probably the most obscure reprint in the book.

act197.jpg

Speaking of Mr. mxyzptlk. :juggle:

Is that pronounced "Mick tizzle pick", or "Mix zip lock"?

From July 1962 # 154

SUPS_154.jpg

I remember on an episode of Challenge of the Super Friends, it was pronouced:

Mix-yez-pit-lick

Edited by AtlasFan

This is probably my favorite Superman annual:

Superman193.jpg

I remember when I got my copy of that book it was cool to see that I had the original to one of the cover stories, and probably the most obscure reprint in the book.

act197.jpg

Silver,

Amazing books, especially Action #197 :cloud9: (thumbs u :headbang:

Aman619 & Atlas fan,

Thanks for the assist with the assist on the pronunciation of Mr. Mxyzptlk. (thumbs u

I seem to recall reading a lot of comics that had this book as an ad:

sm197.jpg

Here is the robot Superman original story. I always enjoyed figuring out which issues were being reprinted:

act282.jpg

next up on the Superman giants:

sm187.jpg

sm202.jpg

Wow! Those are nice!

(thumbs u

Here is the robot Superman original story. I always enjoyed figuring out which issues were being reprinted:

act282.jpg

Fabulous copy!

:applause:

Edited by Hepcat