• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,875 posts in this topic

A commission I picked up from Dan Parent in July. I figured Sabrina Spellman needed some cool new way of transport (the broom is unpractical at times) and what could be cooler than my own Fiat Barchetta Spider?

Sabrina_barchetta.jpg.8072a12ae057c3b01a19ba11388d15b4.jpg

I'm not sure she would be content with being confided to the passenger seat, though.
Click on the picture for a larger scan (and picture of the actual car) in my CAF gallery.

Edited by Caltex98
-

I'm a new fan of Brian Baugh's Wulf and Batsy - a very fun read, with GGA, horror and gore in a great B&W format - so I instantly wanted to have him do a commission. I will say that I have not had very good luck with commissions up to this point for a variety of reasons, so this time I thought I'd take a different approach: I wanted it to be a surprise for me. I gave him a basic idea and told him I didn't want to see any prelims or progress images, just send it to me as a complete mystery and I'll video myself opening it up and seeing it for the first time:

Commissioned this from Jeehyung Lee back in September of 2023 to pick up at LA Comic Con in December of 2023. Submitted to CGC the same day I picked it up and just received it a few days ago. Jeehyung being one of my favorite artist I jumped at the opportunity to get a commission from him. 

PXL_20240130_022720973.jpg

On 2/1/2024 at 5:25 PM, gumbydarnit said:

WOW Alex, you have to be ecstatic about how nice that came out.. so cool! Allred always seems to hit it out of the park!

Yep, I'm very pleased. The collection has a lot of talent and I find them to generally pleasing and many of them I consider flat out exceptional. It's kind of interesting that the cost does not correlate with how pleasing I find them. Click the image to see them on CAF.

Mayer, Sheldon (inspired) - 21 Faux Sugar and Spike Cover Collection (smaller).jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 12/28/2023 at 3:26 PM, MIL0S said:

Last pieces of the year, just received these pinups from Dan Brereton, a 'Thrillkiller' Batgirl and Frank Thorne's Lann: 

IMG_7327(1).thumb.jpg.e2df58bd63bde124716c6f7e210a9a56.jpg

IMG_7328(1).thumb.jpg.9c15888e03b5166859f4f460c44c6fdb.jpg

Both are lovely. Always wanted a Thrillkiller Babs.

Here is the latest addition to Fighting Fantasy illustration homages.  This time it’s a 9” x 12” Rhino-Man by Derek Laufman:

IMG_8485.jpeg

Here is the original illustration by Russ Nicholson that appeared in 1983’s Citadel of Chaos:

C_o_C_Rhino-Man.jpeg

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel