• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the Nicest book(s) you own nobody else care?

437 posts in this topic

This is the #6 and #10 from the Northland collection. I remember going through the whole set when Goldman first offered them.

Ahhhhh, so you bought the #6 I still need all those years ago! I missed out on another one at a convention in Toronto just over a year ago when I dallied and another fellow scooped it up from Superworld Comics.

:frustrated:

I have always been a fan of Smokey Bear. I Finally pulled the trigger on this book.

I have been starting to get a small Smokey run going. This being his first appearance in funny books - its a must have.

Last I knew it is tied for highest graded, with one other in the same pq. (I thought Mark [Zaid] has it, maybe not)

(Pic is from my camera phone.....horrid, I know. Its the thought that counts)

IMG_5084.jpg

I'm so VERY GRATEFUL to PokerKid for parting with this gem.

I'm an avid hunter and fly fisherman. And by being such, I have been in countless Piper super cubs, Cessnas, DeHavillands.....etc. Many of them from time up in Alaska.

There are not many greater "Characters," in life than Bush Pilots imho. They are a rare breed!! One must have a helleva mindset to be a bush pilot. (worship)

This promo I cherish due to my respect and awe I have for them and their planes. :headbang:

And man - do they know how to use duct tape!!!

IMG_3161.jpg

My word! Those are certainly category toppers! Those two comics are for only the rare iconoclast.

While Huey, Duey and Louie still have millions of fans, these two have maybe a few hundred:

03-07-201152115PM.jpg

03-07-201152118PM.jpg

03-07-201152122PM.jpg

30-10-2011104244PM.jpg

30-10-2011104238PM.jpg

:juggle:

Hahaha! I've never seen either of the "Great Society" comics before. Sweet examples! Perhaps I need to dig-out and scan one of my "Reagan's Raiders" in response.

Here's a truly bizarre comic, which stumped both my buddy and I, until I researched it online. Not the best example, but a true head scratcher to be sure. :o

Mpacifico2.jpg

And the link which gives specific details.

http://www.senortuna.com/main/showthread.php?p=80417