• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the Nicest book(s) you own nobody else care?

437 posts in this topic

Hah! I was going to scan my own Tommy Tomorrow covers for this thread but you beat me to it! And that one may be my favourite in the run.

Tommy Tomorrow was like Aquaman in a way, meaning he was an existing backup feature before he got his own tryouts as the title character in Showcase. He had a lengthy run in Action Comics from #127-251 and then moved over to World's Finest from #102-124. Unlike Aquaman though, Tommy Tomorrow sadly didn't graduate to his own ongoing title. Philistines!

:mad:

Tommy.jpg

Hah! I was going to scan my own Tommy Tomorrow covers for this thread but you beat me to it! And that one may be my favourite in the run.

Tommy Tomorrow was like Aquaman in a way, meaning he was an existing backup feature before he got his own tryouts as the title character in Showcase. He had a lengthy run in Action Comics from #127-251 and then moved over to World's Finest from #102-124. Unlike Aquaman though, Tommy Tomorrow sadly didn't graduate to his own ongoing title. Philistines!

:mad:

Tommy.jpg

Bring em on Hepcat :grin:

I only have one more Tommy Tomorrow, and it's in very average shape. :popcorn:

ShowC_42.jpg

I think I saw 9 of the first 10 Herbies in here but not #1, so;

Herbie2008.jpg

Holy mackeral! I have never seen a Herbie #1 in person. Always wanted a copy and being a high grade snob, this book is just unbelievably beautiful.

Thanks for posting it!

I think I saw 9 of the first 10 Herbies in here but not #1, so;

Herbie2008.jpg

Holy mackeral! I have never seen a Herbie #1 in person. Always wanted a copy and being a high grade snob, this book is just unbelievably beautiful.

Thanks for posting it!

You bet... (thumbs u

Actually, I don't think Herbies necessarily belong in this thread, but since there were 9 others, i figured what the heck. I only purchased the first three as I gave up collecting in 1964, but there all as nice as this one... :grin:

Oh, the Herbie's definitely belong here! I saw issues 4-10 at a shop in Santa Cruz in the late 70's, but never a #1. I always wanted a copy. The best part of this forum is to see scarce books like this.

Well, what I mean is, I actually think there are collectors out there who do care about Herbie in Forbidden Worlds and in his own book. Most of the other more obscure titles seem to belong here... :)

While the Herbie title is outside the mainstream (meaning something other than SA Marvel or DC) , I think there's a small but dedicated group of Herbie collectors out there.

Hmmmm, maybe, maybe, a new thread?

(shrug)

Hah! I was going to scan my own Tommy Tomorrow covers for this thread but you beat me to it!

Here they are:

10-06-201245017PM.jpg

10-06-201245021PM.jpg

Mohawk Valley copy

10-06-201245025PM.jpg

10-06-201245028PM.jpg

10-06-201245032PM.jpg

;)

Hah! I was going to scan my own Tommy Tomorrow covers for this thread but you beat me to it!

Here they are:

10-06-201245017PM.jpg

10-06-201245021PM.jpg

10-06-201245025PM.jpg

10-06-201245028PM.jpg

10-06-201245032PM.jpg

;)

Incredible condition and colors on those books, & well worth the wait. :cloud9:

The blue on #42 and green on #44 are mind bogglingly terrific. :sumo: