• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Well, she's here. I can't get over how great this book looks in person. The back cover and edges of the pages are really WHITE. I've got two other books that's suppose to be white pages and they definitely don't look as good as this.

Here she sits next to my admittedly soft 9.4 Bats 232.

227+232.jpg

Obligatory family pic of my other Adams Bats.

all_batman.jpg

My fledgling comic book collection is now a whopping 48 comics! Woohoo :banana:

:applause:

As popular as this cover has become over the years, as referenced in books and other media, I'm surprised no one has taken yet another cover swipe of the design in one of the newer Batman titles. I think it would cool to get someone else's take on it after all these years.

I hope Chesperito doesn't mind me posting this, but this is the best homage I've seen from Mike Lilly. This is a truly awesome piece.

BatmanMikeLilly.jpg

Even though I really like 227, there are a couple of side factors that makes this

a lesser key than some of the other Adams Bats.

It is a homage cover of a great GA cover. There are pluses and minuses to this,

but I would only think a 100% original would fit into this category.

Also in the case of 227 only the cover was created by Adams and not the story's pencils/inks.

Again, I love this book - but I wouldn't call it "the" top key.

Even though I really like 227, there are a couple of side factors that makes this

a lesser key than some of the other Adams Bats.

It is a homage cover of a great GA cover. There are pluses and minuses to this,

but I would only think a 100% original would fit into this category.

Also in the case of 227 only the cover was created by Adams and not the story's pencils/inks.

Again, I love this book - but I wouldn't call it "the" top key.

I would'nt call it a key at all,just a great cover from a great artist. (thumbs u

The census for #227 is quite revealing, I wonder why the amount of graded copies is so low. Compared to, say, #232 there is only a miniscule amount of graded copies on the census.