• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

Great avatar! 27_laughing.gif

3033.jpg

"And now you contemptible harpy, I shall end your oppressive reign of matriarichal tyranny"

Or my favorite..

Mother... I have a present for you in my diaper.. and I will tell you this.. it is not a toaster!

"Damn you, vile woman! You've impeded my work since the day I escaped from your wretched womb."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5539709069&fromMakeTrack=true

Now, I need a freaky story to go with my BA horror books foreheadslap.gif

Cute story, but I say total BS. foreheadslap.gif Gotta give the guy credit for creativity though. Stories do sell. They help comics sell too. Just look at many pedigrees. The one time I had a little (and yes, true) story accompany one of my comic auctions, the book sold for WELL more than what it was worth (a beat up EC Modern Love).

I've thought about using a similar approach to sell some of my horror doubles, but have never followed through with it.

Believe it or not I live in a haunted house. My home was built by my grandparents in 1973. I lived here with them, from approx. 95 until 98 I tried to take care of them best I could, as I had a great paying nearby job and they were battling both health and economic issues. My grandma passed away in 96 in the house, in her bed. My grandpa passed away in 98, although not in the house. He died as a result of a car accident just up the road from the house. I ended up purchasing the home from the estate and live there to this day.

It wasn't long after that strange things started happening around the house, mostly audible events that had no explaination. I can attest to these. Several people have reported viewing someone that simply wasn't there! I have not seen anything personally. Others have reported feeling an odd energy or presence, and I have felt this as well a couple times. On rare occasion an object has "mysteriously" moved, although I feel there is a logical reason for those events. (I won't go into detail concerning these events here)

I have never been scared of these things, as any ghost haunting this house would have to be one or both of my grandparents, who were kind and loving persons. I look at them as guardians, instead. It is interesting to note that since I started dating my current girlfriend (who I believe I will marry) there have been no incidents that I know of. One year, two months and counting! Family members tell me they think that my grandma approves, and has either moved on or has chosen to lay low.

Now, wouldn't this make for a great pitch while selling horror comics and publishing a horror comic fanzine? I never use it though, cuz it almost seems too convenient for someone selling "scary" material, doesn't it? Maybe some day... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5539709069&fromMakeTrack=true

Cute story, but I say total BS. foreheadslap.gif Gotta give the guy credit for creativity though. Stories do sell. They help comics sell too. Just look at many pedigrees. The one time I had a little (and yes, true) story accompany one of my comic auctions, the book sold for WELL more than what it was worth (a beat up EC Modern Love).

The people running the auction were on the Today show this morning... I don't think it's "BS", as they seem to be genuinely surprised that the stupid thing is selling for this much money.

I feel bad for the family, really, because their kid just sounds like he's whacked in the head and would benefit more from psychiatric therapy than an exorcism.

The people running the auction were on the Today show this morning... I don't think it's "BS", as they seem to be genuinely surprised that the stupid thing is selling for this much money.

I feel bad for the family, really, because their kid just sounds like he's whacked in the head and would benefit more from psychiatric therapy than an exorcism.

Yeah, it could be true, but people have used such a similar but fake campaign before in order to generate interest.

Precode, that's a cool story, but how would you relate it to your comics? Just say that the comics have been IN this house during the "haunting"? I know you are not planning to use the story to sell the books, but I was curious, just in case you did want to, how would the comics play a part in the story?

Precode, that's a cool story, but how would you relate it to your comics? Just say that the comics have been IN this house during the "haunting"? I know you are not planning to use the story to sell the books, but I was curious, just in case you did want to, how would the comics play a part in the story?

That's a great question Sid, one I have given thought to previously. Still, I've never really come up with anything more than "these scary comics come from a house that is haunted.... isn't that REALLY scary!!" That type of a pitch, which really isn't much of a line that all.

Of course, I could ad that my grandparents are the ones responsible for my comic collecting, as they were very supportive of my goal to complete a run of Conan the Barbarian back in the early 80's, and took me to several local shows and shops before I was old enough to drive. They just loved that I was a reader and wanted to encourage that, didn't matter if I was reading "comic books." So, maybe that could be a tie -in, although rather weak.

Still, if people can hawk everything from "haunted" Coke cans to dolls and canes, I think that my tale may be good enough. Although, I have to say again I'd probably never do it. Just living in a haunted house, being a big horror fan, is cool enough for me. No need to profit from it. Almost sacreligious to do that, ya know! wink.gif

Hmmm, let me think for a minute here..... OK..... you could say that you remember your grandfather reading these same comics, and now you find some of those exact issues out of place, or moved once in a while, as if somebody is still looking at them. Even if CGCed, maybe the CGC case has shifted in your storage box.

Pushing it a little?

Of course it is a fabrication, but we're just coming up with a story here.

OK let's continue, and let's say your grandmother would tease him about reading YOUR comics, so she would hide them from him. So now in the present day sometimes you cannot find some of your issues at all. And whaddaya' know, you end up finding them in the oddest of places, as if they had been hidden!

Ooohh, scary!

I'm not saying put this story on Ebay, but if you have kids or neices or nephews, you could tell THEM the story. devil.gif