• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

Hmmm, let me think for a minute here..... OK..... you could say that you remember your grandfather reading these same comics, and now you find some of those exact issues out of place, or moved once in a while, as if somebody is still looking at them. Even if CGCed, maybe the CGC case has shifted in your storage box.

Pushing it a little?

Of course it is a fabrication, but we're just coming up with a story here.

OK let's continue, and let's say your grandmother would tease him about reading YOUR comics, so she would hide them from him. So now in the present day sometimes you cannot find some of your issues at all. And whaddaya' know, you end up finding them in the oddest of places, as if they had been hidden!

Ooohh, scary!

I'm not saying put this story on Ebay, but if you have kids or neices or nephews, you could tell THEM the story. devil.gif

...and look here kids, that red overspray of distributers ink is really the printers blood! Woooo, scary!

Finally got a nice (VF) copy of this guy! cloud9.gif

I wonder if these are the same pesky kids on Cain's roof from HOM # 175?

Won't they please just leave those Gargoyles alone?!!??

Will they ever learn?! 893naughty-thumb.gif

13122028017o.jpg

These Gargoyle covers were among the main reasons I have always liked horror books. Which led to me asking N. Adams to put one looking over Batman, in my avatar.

Architecture in comics has ALWAYS fascinated me.

Ze-

Ze,

Could you post a larger scan of your avatar or link to it. Would like to see that Adams gargoyle! BTW I too remember the HOS 175 story as being one of my first "Gargoyle Encounters"!

I will answer this question: Who is the Sphinx!

I am Ken Jennings. stooges.gif

Quit "P u - s -s y - footin' " around, Jayman, what's the real answer!!?? confused-smiley-013.gif

That is the answer, my man! acclaim.gif

And "Pussyfootin' Around" is a great song by one of my favorite bands, Gomez!

yep. All three for $50. Auction didn't explicitly say UNRESTORED, but I will be calling them.

And I bet #29 was the important one for you in the group...doesn't it always work that way? mad.gif

Jim

Absolutely. This is one of my top Ghosts covers too. Mark Haspel says "just go out and get another copy". Yeah. Riiiggghhhttt. I never see these early issues in a trivial fashion in HG.

Anyway, the last batch was the agony of defeat. Luckily, CGC is WAY AHEAD of Moderns and they said they would have grades for my 200+ book order next week--hopefully better news then.

YOW! I can't believe people are restoring Bronze books! foreheadslap.gif

I guess it was bound to happen though with bronze being hot currently.

I was just admiring that Ghosts # 28 when I saw the PLOD. frown.gif

I'd like to hear the resto notes also, bum deal!