• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tth2's trip down memory lane

587 posts in this topic

I looked forward to this thread daily. One of the best in board history. Thanks for posting all of these wonderful books, and the stories behind them. :thumbsup:

So Tim now that we're at the end I can ask; disregarding price what books do you still wish you had or regret letting go of ?

Good question. Some of my answers might surprise people...

WP B&B 34 (as if you didn't know already!)

WP B&B 36

Flash 120

Toth JLA 10

PC JLA 24

So Tim now that we're at the end I can ask; disregarding price what books do you still wish you had or regret letting go of ?

WP B&B 36

Flash 120

Toth JLA 10

PC JLA 24

Hah I doubt many would have guessed all 5 of those... Especially a list that didn't include the 9.4 BB 28. Just goes to show how diverse collecting choices and favorites can be, the back stories are what make this thread so great !

WP B&B 36

Flash 120

Toth JLA 10

PC JLA 24

Hah I doubt many would have guessed all 5 of those... Especially a list that didn't include the 9.4 BB 28. Just goes to show how diverse collecting choices and favorites can be, the back stories are what make this thread so great !

The mega-keys are just a bit too obvious! :cool:

The B&B 28, GL 1 and Aquaman 1 would be in my next five, along with the WP Showcase 35 and Showcase 38 (the prettiest 9.8 SA I`ve ever seen). So many other great books--GL 8, Sid`s Atom 10, JLA 30, etc.

For those wondering why the Showcase 34 isn`t in there, I`ve just never been as enamored of the cover as many others.

Tim, you've probably said this before, but, are you out of buying?

I still bid on lots of SA DCs, but unless something really slips through the cracks price-wise, I'm unlikely to win anything.

Update: how's this for timing and a perfect example, I just realized I won this beauty on Heritage for a price that's less than half of what it sold for on Heritage back in 2005. I never dreamed I would win this book with my barrel-scraping bid. :banana:

Congratulations. Glad you're still collecting.

Tim, you've probably said this before, but, are you out of buying?

I still bid on lots of SA DCs, but unless something really slips through the cracks price-wise, I'm unlikely to win anything.

Update: how's this for timing and a perfect example, I just realized I won this beauty on Heritage for a price that's less than half of what it sold for on Heritage back in 2005. I never dreamed I would win this book with my barrel-scraping bid. :banana:

Congratulations. Glad you're still collecting.

Oh, I still collect. I still collect the Legion of Super Heroes run in Adventure and their various appearances in other Superman titles, and I still collect Dell/Gold Key Tarzans and Turoks.

White Page BB 34???????? what grade was it, it wasn't the 7.0 was it.

.....Tim has a rare eye affliction....he is unable to see books that grade below 9.4...so it's safe to assume it wasn't the 7.0. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

White Page BB 34???????? what grade was it, it wasn't the 7.0 was it.

.....Tim has a rare eye affliction....he is unable to see books that grade below 9.4...so it's safe to assume it wasn't the 7.0. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

lol Jimbo knows me too well!

The highest graded copy of BB 34 in White is 7.0 (shrug)

that's because when Tim writes "WP" he's talking about Western Penn not white pages

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn`t figure out why Hawkman23 was suddenly going on about BB 34s with white pages and 7.0s.