• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry's Comics at it again...

509 posts in this topic

...excuse my ignorance, but whp is this guy, a dealer?...cause I've never heard of him,... (shrug)

He has a store in Massachusetts. His humor has always been, shall we say, cutting edge and at times can be rather scalding. I've always liked the guy.

I don't know the man. Perhaps he is seemingly "good natured" and "a good guy" in person. But, his words belie his true feelings.

This isn't funny. This is veiled racism. He will receive none of my business.

LarrysComics1.jpg

Larrys-Comics-2.jpg

I don't know the man. Perhaps he is seemingly "good natured" and "a good guy" in person. But, his words belie his true feelings.

LarrysComics1.jpg

Larrys-Comics-2.jpg

VEILED? lol

It's center stage, with a giant spotlight on it, a jumbotron so the folks in the back row can see clearly, along with a sign language translator so that no one misses the message.

LarrysComics1.jpg

Larrys-Comics-2.jpg

VEILED? lol

It's center stage, with a giant spotlight on it, a jumbotron so the folks in the back row can see clearly, along with a sign language translator so that no one misses the message.

+1

Veiled?!?

He used big lipped, fried chicken eating and the N-word in a 1 sentence tweet. How in the hell is that "veiled" ???

I agree it's quite subtle.

+1...it was veiled until Mr. Johnston posted his racist tweets & unveiled it...

He may seem like a good guy at cons, his shop, even around some members of this forum community. IMO, in his ignorance, he probably didn't think that Mr. Johnston would post his recent tweets on Bleeding Cool news...

Larry will "reap what he's sown"..... :devil:

He did tweet an apology. You can go read the time line on twitter and see it. I have only had great dealings with Larry, he has always been pleasant and very personable. I also understand others may have had different dealings, and your entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is even if you don't like it or agree with it.

I am not sure if this has been posted or not. I couldn't find it anywhere. I would say the defenders of Larry don't really have anything to stand on in this instance. I can't believe this guy is in business with this type of CS:

I don't need customers?

It just makes me sad when I hear this garbage.

He did tweet an apology. You can go read the time line on twitter and see it. I have only had great dealings with Larry, he has always been pleasant and very personable. I also understand others may have had different dealings, and your entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is even if you don't like it or agree with it.
Is this the apology?

"Sorry, that I offended the entire Internet with my bad jokes. I STILL think making New Spidey black is G...er Lame"

It was great that he apologized....but he can't seem to get out of his own way....

Here are some responses he posted referencing his apology...

"The joke is down and I apologized. Should I slit my wrists for you?"

"I told a couple jokes. Took them down and apologized. Thank you for YOUR perfection."

Always good to antagonize the people you are apologizing to. lol

He has a store in Massachusetts. His humor has always been, shall we say, cutting edge and at times can be rather scalding. I've always liked the guy.

It seems only people with Watson in their name like this fool.

It seems only people with Watson in their name like this fool.

I don't know who the other guy is, and yeah, I like Larry. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he posts.

If you are insinuating something with your post, then I suggest you get your ducks in a row before hand.