• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 (1938) CGC 9.0 on the census

398 posts in this topic

Don't forget there's a PGX 9.0 out there as well.

Does anyone know what ended up happening to that book?

It ended up having TEC 27 interiors :insane:

Someone saw Ryan Elliott at the LCS,walked up to him and said I hear you have a coverless copy of Action 1 :roflmao:

It ended up having TEC 27 interiors :insane:

I wished there would be on in existence as I've be all over it! I can both have an Action 1 and Tec 27 at the same time :insane:

Never sold and it's restored. Cover was partly cleaned.

Had a big 3" color breaking crease in the bottom right corner, too.

Several tear seals on back cover too. A 7.5/8.0 slight at best. Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as a cgc 9.0 !

Rick is being kind here.Book went throuht the hands of a 'restore everything"dealer.Pretty sure this book has been wet washed.Had mold removed from the cover.

I've seen the book first hand and it's outrageously nice although the work done to the book is up in the air.

He's not in a hurry to sell it. He's a long time collector (40+ years) and he doesn't need the money, so he's going to wait until someone matches his price.

But why send an Action 1 to PGX if he is a long time dealer collector who knows the industry? Seems odd
:gossip: speculation, but guessing he knows the book is a CGC 6.5 / 7.0 (mp) at best with the resto and large CBC...but the same book can score a 9.0 in pgx plastic

Not really his intention from what I know. Both the dealer and PGX are in the same small town. Possibly even just down the street from each other.

They come to his store and pick up all his books. He doesn't have to package anything or ship them.

He sells everything PGX graded for that reason.

Darryl is not really "plugged in" to the internet world like most of us forum members...and like I said, he doesn't really care to sell the book.

He's just waiting until someone wants it at his price, even if that is a decade from now.

But why send an Action 1 to PGX if he is a long time dealer collector who knows the industry? Seems odd
:gossip: speculation, but guessing he knows the book is a CGC 6.5 / 7.0 (mp) at best with the resto and large CBC...but the same book can score a 9.0 in pgx plastic

Not really his intention from what I know. Both the dealer and PGX are in the same small town. Possibly even just down the street from each other.

They come to his store and pick up all his books. He doesn't have to package anything or ship them.

Darryl is not really "plugged in" to the internet world like most of us forum members...and like I said, he doesn't really care to sell the book.

He's just waiting until someone wants it at his price, even if that is a decade from now.

Most of this is true but, his friend Paulie was "plugged in" to the internet at the time.

really?

i wouldn't care if i lived next door to PGX and ate lunch with them 3 times a week, an AC1 should only ever be graded by CGC. doh!

the only exception i guess would be if he didnt actually care about grade or grading but just wanted a nice perspex holder case for it (shrug)

2c

really?

i wouldn't care if i lived next door to PGX and ate lunch with them 3 times a week, an AC1 should only ever be graded by CGC. doh!

the only exception i guess would be if he didnt actually care about grade or grading but just wanted a nice perspex holder case for it (shrug)

2c

I am no fan of PGX but If I owned a Action #1 I would be very nervous to ship it in the mail.

I just wanna see a pic of this bad boy in a slab!

I prefer it in all it's naked glory. :cloud9:

116219.jpg

bc.jpg

Yep. I really don't like to use the word awesome, but on this occasion ...

I want one of those pendaflex folders :luhv:

Sorry if this already asked elsewhere in the thread...I sort of recall this book turning up in relation to some of the folks from the reality show Storage Wars and that the discovery was going to be featured in a future episode. So des anyone know if that is the case and if it is, has it or will it air at some point? My bet is on "YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP" Dave finding the book if that's the group associated with the book ;)

I watch Storage Wars and haven't heard about this Action 1 being found in this group of storage buyers...could be but didn't hear about that.

That Dave Hester guy is so full of himself. What a tool. :)

I hope Barry found it. He's clueless but still ends up with cool stuff.