• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Finished my last buying trip today as my work will interfere for several months. 

Visited 4 shops/thrift stores today. One theme was pretty solid across all 4 stores. Invincible is a huge 
hit. Nobody had an issue under 50. One shop had 60 to 85 and another had some issues from 80 to 105.
Invincible 44 and 110 have all sold out at these shops and I did pick up another 144 this week as well
and it will be an easy resale. Invincible 1 to about 20 is just really difficult to find and I will freely admit I
underestimated issue 19 and its value what a monster it is now. I always thought issues 11 and 12 would
be the big books now there are dozen and many of them have very low print runs good luck on the hunt.

One shop sold 50 copies of Batman Fortnight 1 and wishes he had ordered 100 while I was there someone
called asking if he still had any copies. 

I discovered the original Halloween issue was polybagged I didn't know that. Shop wanted double for polybag
so I passed, but didnt know they were originally polybagged. 

I continue sell both Eternals and Maximum Carnage sets a few months as interests picked up in both. Looks like
Ghost Rider and the Darkhold are going to yield good results for the new year or so. Already sold a couple of GR2
issues. 

Cant find any Nemesis issues anymore. Local area around me is out so I have to look online for deals. 
Jupiter's Legacy sold very well with for me selling somewhere around 6 sets in the last month with several variants
as well the FP variant. Machine Man 7 has finally slowed down for me which is fine because I think that book will go
up again later as long as Sharon Carter is still featured. 

Ebay's new listing categories suck really bad, but do make it faster to list books. 

I continue to see seller's looking for different choices and out of all of them only IG looks promising, but even IG
has issues due to sellers trying to avoid taxes pushing F&F on buyers which I flat refuse and pay the fee instead. 
Maybe FB will get it together one day, but until then I only buy on there too many horror stories selling. Mercari has
no traffic don't anyone tell you differently. This does not include high value books that you could use MCS or Auction
houses for I have no experience with that. I personally think many are just trying to find somewhere to hide from taxes.
Here is a clue those days are over unless all you do is set up at shows/flea markets.

New Mutants annual 2 is really really moving now. 
Magic order has finally started moving I had this book for ages before it finally started to sell. 

Any SIKT book below 10 is on fire and sells fast. The 8th print of issue 1 has finally calmed down to basically
a $10 book where it should be. I continual to quietly buy any Once and Future I can find cheap and I hate all
of you have an 8th print of issue 1. 

I have sold quite a few X-men 282s and 244 the last month or so. Both pull easy money in NM grades.
DD 270 sells pretty consistently now. 

Hulk 449 is hitting new highs like a rocket every day. 
Finally Quasar 14 is getting some love. 

X-men 130 1st dazzler is go way up currently maybe look at the ASM app as a cheap buy as well.
Dazzler 1 will likely start climbing. 

Look for Secret Invasion to heat up. I have started pricing some books higher in anticipation and 
Happy till let them sit until the price catches up. I finally found a New Avengers 40 today for the 1st
time.

I have bought a ton of Batman predator cheap all sets, hope it pays off in a year or two when they realize
he wont show up in DC anymore. 

Also what about DC? Is freeing them from AT&T going to help? And Ethan Van Sciver was right for those
that doubting him 2 years ago. 

Hope you are buying those Fifty Two Week 3 and 12 cheap they will be a steal by next year. 
ASM 344/345/359/360 I cant keep in my ebay store so I list them slowly. Best buy I made in a long time
was a ton of ASM 359/360 several years ago for $1 each. 

Gargoyles continues to sell well for me as a set at around $200-250. Gargoyles 1 is approaching $150 now
in high grade. Last issues can pull $30 to $50 each or higher. I probably need to say they are next to impossible
to find. 

I haven't even mentioned Young Avengers which at any price now is worth it. I hate selling those 8 copies I had
to boardies lol.

Okay back to packing as sales continue strong and don't look to let up. This will be a blockbuster year for sellers
one that we wont forget as I am buying more packing supplies this year then all of last year already.

I only new about 52 #12.  Thanks for the guidance on #3.

Patrick

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Finished my last buying trip today as my work will interfere for several months. 

Visited 4 shops/thrift stores today. One theme was pretty solid across all 4 stores. Invincible is a huge 
hit. Nobody had an issue under 50. One shop had 60 to 85 and another had some issues from 80 to 105.
Invincible 44 and 110 have all sold out at these shops and I did pick up another 144 this week as well
and it will be an easy resale. Invincible 1 to about 20 is just really difficult to find and I will freely admit I
underestimated issue 19 and its value what a monster it is now. I always thought issues 11 and 12 would
be the big books now there are dozen and many of them have very low print runs good luck on the hunt.

One shop sold 50 copies of Batman Fortnight 1 and wishes he had ordered 100 while I was there someone
called asking if he still had any copies. My 3rd store had 2 kids asking for issues 2 and 3 because they all
want that skin.

I discovered the original Halloween issue was polybagged I didn't know that. Shop wanted double for polybag
so I passed, but didnt know they were originally polybagged. 

I continue sell both Eternals and Maximum Carnage sets a few months as interests picked up in both. Looks like
Ghost Rider and the Darkhold are going to yield good results for the new year or so. Already sold a couple of GR2
issues. 

Cant find any Nemesis issues anymore. Local area around me is out so I have to look online for deals. 
Jupiter's Legacy sold very well with for me selling somewhere around 6 sets in the last month with several variants
as well the FP variant. Machine Man 7 has finally slowed down for me which is fine because I think that book will go
up again later as long as Sharon Carter is still featured. 

Ebay's new listing categories suck really bad, but do make it faster to list books. 

I continue to see seller's looking for different choices and out of all of them only IG looks promising, but even IG
has issues due to sellers trying to avoid taxes pushing F&F on buyers which I flat refuse and pay the fee instead. 
Maybe FB will get it together one day, but until then I only buy on there too many horror stories selling. Mercari has
no traffic don't anyone tell you differently. This does not include high value books that you could use MCS or Auction
houses for I have no experience with that. I personally think many are just trying to find somewhere to hide from taxes.
Here is a clue those days are over unless all you do is set up at shows/flea markets.

New Mutants annual 2 is really really moving now. 
Magic order has finally started moving I had this book for ages before it finally started to sell. 
Silver Surfer Annual 6 looks to have several sales as well someone maybe buying alot?

Any SIKT book below 10 is on fire and sells fast. The 8th print of issue 1 has finally calmed down to basically
a $10 book where it should be. I continue to quietly buy any Once and Future issue I can find cheap and I hate all
of you have an 8th print of issue 1. 

I have sold quite a few X-men 282s and 244 the last month or so. Both pull easy money in NM grades.
DD 270 sells pretty consistently now. 

Hulk 449 is hitting new highs like a rocket every day. 
Finally Quasar 14 is getting some love. 

X-men 130 1st dazzler is go way up currently maybe look at the ASM app as a cheap buy as well.
Dazzler 1 will likely start climbing. 

Look for Secret Invasion to heat up. I have started pricing some books higher in anticipation and 
Happy till let them sit until the price catches up. I finally found a New Avengers 40 today for the 1st
time.

I have bought a ton of Batman predator cheap all sets, hope it pays off in a year or two when they realize
he wont show up in DC anymore. 

Also what about DC? Is freeing them from AT&T going to help? And Ethan Van Sciver was right for those
that doubting him 2 years ago. 

Hope you are buying those Fifty Two Week 3 and 12 cheap they will be a steal by next year. 
ASM 344/345/359/360 I cant keep in my ebay store so I list them slowly. Best buy I made in a long time
was a ton of ASM 359/360 several years ago for $1 each. 

Gargoyles continues to sell well for me as a set at around $200-250. Gargoyles 1 is approaching $150 now
in high grade. Last issues can pull $30 to $50 each or higher. I probably need to say they are next to impossible
to find. 

I haven't even mentioned Young Avengers which at any price now is worth it. I hate selling those 8 copies I had
to boardies lol. I even have bought slabs locally of YA6 as I couldn't pass up the cheap price. You know a book is 
hot when you buy a slab that probably is priced close to FMV.

Okay back to packing as sales continue strong and don't look to let up. This will be a blockbuster year for sellers
one that we wont forget as I am buying more packing supplies this year then all of last year already.

Your report mentions nothing about Spawn 

9 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Your report mentions nothing about Spawn 

I bought I think 7 newstands  and several issues in the 150s to 170s. Again I found nothing above 180 to 280. It's like those issues just don't exist anymore.

Edited by fastballspecial

5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

X-Men 53.. damn I was just thinking about how Onslaught was a sleeper villain that hadn’t popped. I don’t think I have any :(

Its been a $20 book for a few months now I have sold a few newsstands sell for a little higher. 
I wouldnt say he has popped yet, but people are buying.

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I bought I think 7 newstands  and several issues in the 150s to 170s. Again I found nothing above 180 to 280. It's like those issues just don't exist anymore.

Those 150s are some tough pick-ups.  Congrats. 

Patrick

15 minutes ago, Swamp Demon said:

Zatanna 2010-2011 seems to be blowing up. Multiple issues fmv 200+
I got 15,16 looks like 2b and 3 are next valuable. 

One of my favs (#5 Bolland).  Was only ever able to find 1 copy. 

Patrick 

Scan-181015-0003zatana-5.jpg

Those Zatanna books are ghosts here.  I've been looking for years to find copies of any of those books from that run.  I do have a couple buried somewhere but I know they are not very nice copies.

11 hours ago, Swamp Demon said:

I've done well with this Zatanna series for a while, glad I kept a few copies tho. Issue 1 2nd print and #16 always sells high

11 hours ago, Swamp Demon said:

On feebay the only Zatanna single issue I see sold over $200 is a 16 9.8.