• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Just got back from a show and guess what the hottest title was lol

Did pick up about 40 copies of various issues in high grade before it opened but everything was near depletion very quickly...

The rattiest copies of 19 were selling for $200...selling not just on the wall...

Just got back from a show and guess what the hottest title was lol

Did pick up about 40 copies of various issues in high grade before it opened but everything was near depletion very quickly...

The rattiest copies of 19 were selling for $200...selling not just on the wall...

How many copies of 19 did you see? (shrug)

4 total and I wouldn't have used any for the bottom of my cats litter box.

I saw two at the show I was at and both were pretty nice. 2 hours later when I walked by again they were both gone. I didnt bother asking the price.

Oh no, they were $20 each! :baiting:

Reminds me of back in the day...when the Clone Saga was as hot as WD is now, and at a convention the dealer next to me, after watching me sell through a dozen copies of ASM #149 at just stupid prices, traded me his entire booth (6 long boxes of books, 25 sets of cards, and 2 dozen carded action figures) + $75 for my last copy of #149 which was no better than F/VF.

You have to love how insane some people can get in this hobby. lol

Reminds me of back in the day...when the Clone Saga was as hot as WD is now, and at a convention the dealer next to me, after watching me sell through a dozen copies of ASM #149 at just stupid prices, traded me his entire booth (6 long boxes of books, 25 sets of cards, and 2 dozen carded action figures) + $75 for my last copy of #149 which was no better than F/VF.

:o

w.............o.............w :o

My 28 year old daughter who never read a comic book in her life, asked me if I can get her a WD Tradeback on the cheap. BTW, she also works for AMC. ;)
You know what gets me? Walmart will sell these un-edited TPB's (full of violence and F-bombs) in their store available to whoever might open them up, yet they edit their cd's. :shrug:

Right? WalMart will sell PRIDE FC back in the day when top level violence was dished out with face stomping and soccer kicks to the head. But Wally World won't sell a CD based on content they deem inappropriate? :roflmao:

My 28 year old daughter who never read a comic book in her life, asked me if I can get her a WD Tradeback on the cheap. BTW, she also works for AMC. ;)
You know what gets me? Walmart will sell these un-edited TPB's (full of violence and F-bombs) in their store available to whoever might open them up, yet they edit their cd's. :shrug:

Right? WalMart will sell PRIDE FC back in the day when top level violence was dished out with face stomping and soccer kicks to the head. But Wally World won't sell a CD based on content they deem inappropriate? :roflmao:

If a parents group doesn't complain about it, then it isn't a problem.

Sorry we didn't meet up at the show jonjesper. I was looking forward to meeting up again. Those WD #19 were HUGE. And the prices were just stupid... or at least I thought they were. Apparently not to others. doh!

Some books that are listed in The Market under Modern Age "Heating Up" are really not all that new.

Spawn #1 MOCCA is getting somewhere between $15 to $20+.

Amazing Spiderman #400 White Variant is up to $21 with 8 bids and 3 days left.

(shrug)

Nothing great in there. Runs of copper DC's Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Flash, Action, Superman.

I almost turned him down because I thought he wanted my #149 PLUS $75. lol When he explained he was throwing cash to me in the deal I couldn't turn it down.

I put the books in storage and eventually gave them to my son for an instant DC collection.

I remember that summer and the frenzy surrounding that book. This is why I have no qualms about listing my WDs on eBay and cashing in. If someone wants to buy at these prices I will sell, and if I want to read them again I will buy a TPB or wait for the fever to die down to buy them back someday.

Nothing great in there. Runs of copper DC's Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Flash, Action, Superman.

I almost turned him down because I thought he wanted my #149 PLUS $75. lol When he explained he was throwing cash to me in the deal I couldn't turn it down.

I put the books in storage and eventually gave them to my son for an instant DC collection.

When was this?

When was this?

At the very peak of Clone Mania, when was that? 1994?....at one of the Greenberg Shows in Schaumburg Illinois at the Hyatt Regency.

The good old days. $50 8' tables.

When was this?

At the very peak of Clone Mania, when was that? 1994?....at one of the Greenberg Shows in Schaumburg Illinois at the Hyatt Regency.

:roflmao: It would be fun to study the history of the big mania's in this hobby and how they turned out. What was the first big collector craze? Was it Howard the Duck? Maybe comics general has our answer...

When was this?

:roflmao: It would be fun to study the history of the big mania's in this hobby and how they turned out. What was the first big collector craze? Was it Howard the Duck? Maybe comics general has our answer...

Batmania in the 1960s could have started it?

HolyBatmania.jpg

Sorry we didn't meet up at the show jonjesper. I was looking forward to meeting up again. Those WD #19 were HUGE. And the prices were just stupid... or at least I thought they were. Apparently not to others. doh!

The show= Planet Comicon this past weekend, yes?

I saw a WD #1 going for $600 on Saturday. Not sure on the grade but I'd say around a 9.4. I bought a FF #48 from him and THOUGHT about the WD #1 for about a minute, but that was it. My girlfriend of all people was telling me to buy it!! lol

Anyways, I went back by on Sunday and it was gone. I asked if he sold it (because it was a really good price IMO) and he said he pulled it and was keeping it for himself after looking up the current price. Coulda, woulda, shoulda I guess...