• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

It looks like Green Lantern #48 is picking up steam with the announcement of GL Corps.

All the copies under $10 appeared to have sold the day of the announcement on July 13th.

Since then, the book has been trending upwards and looks to hit the $20 mark very shortly. I'd expect asking prices on ebay to end up at the $40 mark in the next week or two.

Here

Wouldn't Green Lantern #201 be the one to get?

Yup!

After the SDCC announcement about the Green Lantern Corps, I performed an internet search and found a CGC 9.6 copy of Green Lantern #201 on ComicConnect for $45. I went ahead and made the purchase on Saturday (July 11) but on Monday I received an e-mail from ComicConnect stating that the "item is no longer available". So what immediately showed up on Sunday night on eBay in an auction starting at $69.99? You guessed it. A Green Lantern #201 CGC 9.6. :facepalm:

That sucks. Looks like it could be a consignment item on Comic Connect then.

My :wishluck: are crossed that the Canadian newsstand price variant copy of GL #201 that I just sent in hits 9.8.

I don't suppose they are represented here on the boards.

Checking into that now.

:popcorn:

Ebay seller name is byyan23. Don't see a match for a boardie though.

We do have a ebay seller = user id thread, but currently cant remember where it is.

I am pretty sure that bryan23 is a boardie. No idea if they are related.

And even it is a consignment item the CC should have honoured the purchase.

Possibly, but they can't get the book from the seller if he doesn't send it.

Comiclink has the same problem... if the seller doesn't agree to the price (even if it's a "buy-it-now" price) within a day or so, then the sale doesn't go through.

Comiclink has the same problem... if the seller doesn't agree to the price (even if it's a "buy-it-now" price) within a day or so, then the sale doesn't go through.

So they don't have to send it in to consign it?

Not at Comiclink. Until there's a transaction, it's just advertising... the book stays at home.

I haven't used Comic Connect, but if anyone requires shipping first, that's a whole lot of shipping if the books don't sell. Ship in, then back, and it's all expenses... no revenue.

No need to ship until there's a buyer.

Apparently not. Once I "purchased" the book, I received an e-mail from ComicConnect stating they had contacted the seller to have the book shipped to them . So the book(s) apparently stay in the seller's hands until they actually sell.

Apparently not. Once I "purchased" the book, I received an e-mail from ComicConnect stating they had contacted the seller to have the book shipped to them . So the book(s) apparently stay in the seller's hands until they actually sell.

Just curious, but doing some research, would people prefer to have a place that requires them to ship a book to the consignment place before it's made available for sale or the traditional shop where it's "advertised" and when a sale is made, the seller has to ship to the consignment shop?

Ship first and post for sale?

vs.

Post for sale and then ship when sold?

Just curious, but doing some research, would people prefer to have a place that requires them to ship a book to the consignment place before it's made available for sale or the traditional shop where it's "advertised" and when a sale is made, the seller has to ship to the consignment shop?

Ship first and post for sale?

vs.

Post for sale and then ship when sold?

Both as a seller and a buyer I would prefer items to be in the hands of the Auction house. If it's not then, as a buyer, I don't know who I'm dealing with or if I even want to deal with them.

This makes Comic Connect look bad but it's really the seller that's an . Seems odd that a site would allow anonymous sellers to ruin their name.

How would "not as described" work in this case?

With this business model, it's always also possible that the book is listed in multiple other venues, and if the consignor does not diligently monitor his consignments, listings can be neglected and books can be offered on CC or CLink that have long since sold elsewhere.

At least on Clink you can see how recently a book has been added to inventory.

CM 17 2nd print just sold here on the boards, listed at $450 for 9.8 although I do not know if that was the purchase price. Same guy has a 9.6 for $300.

seems like a winner to me, as illogical as it may be

I remember seeing these on the shelf and being freaked out a bit by the cover. Shoulda coulda