• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

.........And the VF+ X23 one shot went too. As well as a VF+ Copy of Scarlet #1 in record time.

Good day on the bay IMO.

I think with how good the Outcast show is that people have faith in Scarlet

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=scarlet+1+icon+-hc+-tpb&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=900&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xscarlet+1++-hc+-tpb+-witch+-spider.TRS0&_nkw=scarlet+1++-hc+-tpb+-witch+-spider&_sacat=900

Totally nutzo! What about Wolvie #80??? :grin:

Gets NO love unless it's high grade.

There's too many out there but with that scene from X-Men Apocalypse people aren't bashing it nearly as much.

Ha, here I was feeling like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person spec'ing on UXM 450 & 451, picking up any issues I could find for $2 or less. Very glad my NYX #4 is finally making some noise, as I thought it was severely undervalued in relation to the ballooning prices on #3.

Anyway, here are some notes on my trips today:

Visited 6 shops total, 4 LCS, 2nC, and lastly BaM.

First in the door at my closest LCS (the one that I always go to the most), comics were already set up and ready to be picked. The girl said they ordered around 30 (!) copies each for every Rebirth book that week, except for Titans of which they got around 20. They didn't even have enough copies of Titans for all the subscribers, so there were no copies on the stands. They had quite a few of both covers of Batman and Superman, as well as Lantern to a lesser extent, but only one B variant of Arrow. So, I decided to go down the road to 2nC to look for the Titans book.

It's just like last week all over again... maybe some of you recall me speaking of a guy coming into 2nC last week right behind me and buying literally every copy of every Rebirth book (I'd estimate around 25-30 books total), a mere 15 minutes after the doors opened. Well... it happened again this week, except this time he was there right at 10 am. I'm hearing that he's someone who works for another local comic shop, for what it's worth. The only Rebirth thing they had left was the Fried Pie variant of Batman, which I bought one of. Other than that, left empty handed.

Next LCS... they had a few Titans left, quite a few Superman, Batman, Lantern, but no Arrow at all. Bought the Titans book and proceeded to LCS #3... which was all wiped out except for Superman variant. Left empty handed.

Finally the last LCS had regular covers for Arrow and a few Titans, so I picked up one of each. They also had a newly restocked Steve Rogers Captain America #1 still for cover, so I picked that up as well. As a bonus, they had the Adam Hughes variant for Power Girl #2 from the 2009 series for $4, pretty decent little score there.

Also swung by BaM on the way back to take a quick look. They had Rebirth books from last week, but none were newsstand editions. Also, no copies of Superman #52 whatsoever, but I did pick up a newsstand edition of Justice League #50 and an extra Flash Rebirth for good measure.

From what I've seen today, it looks like Arrow is either the most scarce or hottest book this week for the Rebirth titles.

Also, an odd note I'd like to add... Norman #1 came out last week, picked that up then, but today the B cover variant came out? Don't understand the reasoning behind that but I got the variant too.

Edited by BishopT

Totally nutzo! What about Wolvie #80??? :grin:

Gets NO love unless it's high grade.

There's too many out there but with that scene from X-Men Apocalypse people aren't bashing it nearly as much.

It's still being bashed.

The storyline has nothing to do with Laura.

Attempted ret-con by speculators notwithstanding. :ohnoez:

-J.

I managed to grab one like 4 days ago for $55, that looks to be about an 8.5, but should be pressable and might get a 9 or a 9.2 out of it. I noticed other copies that were in far worse shape (7.5 to 8.0) with many spine tics and color lose on the back spine that were going for $75 plus. Even the Marvel Must Have reprints of NYX3 and NYX 4 are now getting $15 or more.

I am 95% sure I have the X-23 Woman of Marvel issue somewhere but have not been able to dig it out yet.

Edited by drotto

I managed to grab one like 4 days ago for $55, that looks to be about an 8.5, but should be pressable and might get a 9 or a 9.2 out of it. I noticed other copies that were in far worse shape (7.5 to 8.0) with many spine tics and color lose on the back spine that were going for $75 plus. Even the Marvel Must Have reprints of NYX3 and NYX 4 are now getting $15 or more.

I am 95% sure I have the X-23 Woman of Marvel issue somewhere but have not been able to dig it out yet.

There's a 6.5 that is selling for $75. Should I buy it?

There's a 6.5 that is selling for $75. Should I buy it?

My gut says this book is going to come back down to earth some. I think that 6.5 will lose about 1/2 its value over the next year. If $75 is not a hardship for you maybe, but be very cautious.