• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Every B and N store that has comics got 5 to 10 copies.

What do they do with month old books? Throw them away - expect that same attitude on any copies they can't sell because of a recall.

If there are 600 B and N stores there are at least 6000 B and N copies.

Can we end this now?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here. Sure it is rare in comparison to the regular #51 but in most cases something is always the most in demand so the discussion is more weighted to the Direct Sales errors . Anyhoo, Superman Lois and Clark 1 or 8 or ?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here

So...

You are at a B&N

There are ten NM copies of JLA #51 error on the rack.

You pass?!?

It doesn't have to be Walking Dead #1 to be a solid play.

I personally like twenty dollar bills.

Many Barnes and Noble stores have not received these and from what I am being told 3-5 copies per store is more accurate for the stores that have.

Edited by MrWeen

Every B and N store that has comics got 5 to 10 copies.

What do they do with month old books? Throw them away - expect that same attitude on any copies they can't sell because of a recall.

If there are 600 B and N stores there are at least 6000 B and N copies.

Can we end this now?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here. Sure it is rare in comparison to the regular #51 but in most cases something is always the most in demand so the discussion is more weighted to the Direct Sales errors . Anyhoo, Superman Lois and Clark 1 or 8 or ?

I don't think we are really saying the B&N is the play here

So...

You are at a B&N

There are ten NM copies of JLA #51 error on the rack.

You pass?!?

It doesn't have to be Walking Dead #1 to be a solid play.

I personally like twenty dollar bills.

Many Barnes and Noble stores have not received these and from what I am being told 3-5 copies per store is more accurate for the stores that have.

I went to one this evening that had six copies. Five of them were very nice with one copy that was flipped through and clearly read at the shelf.

Sabretooth Dan has been heating up a bit, but I noticed one seller who is claiming to have a "no price error variant":

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sabretooth-Dan-1-Scout-2016-No-Price-error-variant-9-8-NM-Henchgirl-sabertooth-/252407917056?hash=item3ac4af2a00:g:Gi0AAOSwZSFXJCp~

Every copy that I have seen has no price on it. Does anyone have one with the price on the cover?

Its not a no price error variant as all the books are like that. Some people think buyers are that dumb. The book hasn't sold above $12. I have had $9 NM copies on ebay since release and not one sold, which makes me think the completed sales might not be genuine. Either way - will Dark Horse pick up this title and will more issues come out now that Dark Horse has purchased Scout comics? No.

Just a bump of pump and dumpers claiming its going to be the new hot thing.

These are the kind of posts people don't make in this thread anymore because of drama. Please everyone work to fix this. Or continue posting in spoiler tags like a giant d. Either way, carry on.

"Look at me, complaining about drama, while calling people "giant d"s in the same breath!"

There's a word for that, no...?

You don't need to click the spoiler....but you can't help yourself, right...? Too touch to scroll on past, huh...? Can't resist, huh...?

:popcorn:

I've been having some resistance on rebirth today...a lot of competition

You may be right now that I look at it.

I think lots with mixed issues are doing better than individual issues. I will be flying down the turnpike later today and was considering a detour to Midtown Comics to stock up on the Rebirth titles but I think I will pass after looking at ebay this morning. Then again a bunch of Titans, Flash, WW Artgerm, and Batman (maybe Green Arrow as well) are enticing. I am an impulsive guy and might not decide until I hit the tunnel exits and hear the traffic reports.

I wonder if there will be secondary market demand for later issues of Rebirth now that shops know that the line is selling well. I preordered two of the remaining titles myself.

I've been having some resistance on rebirth today...a lot of competition

You may be right now that I look at it.

I think lots with mixed issues are doing better than individual issues. I will be flying down the turnpike later today and was considering a detour to Midtown Comics to stock up on the Rebirth titles but I think I will pass after looking at ebay this morning. Then again a bunch of Titans, Flash, WW Artgerm, and Batman (maybe Green Arrow as well) are enticing. I am an impulsive guy and might not decide until I hit the tunnel exits and hear the traffic reports.

I wonder if there will be secondary market demand for later issues of Rebirth now that shops know that the line is selling well. I preordered two of the remaining titles myself.

just sold a Flash Rebirth pair for $20 + shipping so still chugging I guess.

Edited by krighton

I was thing about the Justice League #51 cover error. I have a Wytches book somewhere around here that was misnumbered. It was also recall IIRC. That is the only other instance I can remember of a mainstream book with similar circumstances. I haven't seen many for sale since it came out but I did find this...

Wytches error

A few more of these Wytches EH! errors

Edited by The Authority

What happened to the original Electro that they need a new one?

The original Electro was a male.

But he's still alive, correct?

I haven't even seen the character, but I was guessing it was a female.

You are correct, he is alive. I assume they will explain the switch later on, but who knows. I am sure it is just one more move in Marvel's plans for an entirely female universe. Maybe it will be written really well and most of us will like it, but I doubt it.

You are correct, he is alive. I assume they will explain the switch later on, but who knows. I am sure it is just one more move in Marvel's plans for an entirely female universe. Maybe it will be written really well and most of us will like it, but I doubt it.

Are you saying the next event is all new all female marvel now? Damn i have alot of back issues to grab first app of every marvel female i will be rich i tell you! lol

I was thing about the Justice League #51 cover error. I have a Wytches book somewhere around here that was misnumbered. It was also recall IIRC. That is the only other instance I can remember of a mainstream book with similar circumstances. I haven't seen many for sale since it came out but I did find this...

Wytches error

Exactly, what will we see listed a month from now? The B&N people are listing in droves, with some Yahoos even listing lots of 5 ,10 and more! That IS NOT happening with the Direct Sales error books. I can see people being able to walk into a Barnes in Nobles in a week or 2 and still being able to purchase that error at cover, but walking into a LCS and finding one for cover.... not likely.

Edited by viperdays

Wytches error

Good one.

It's Indy though.

JLA spews every month.

I wonder if the B&N #52 this week will all just have 51's cover?

( Then they're not errors, just newsstand variants.)

FYI

Just went through the 45 current listed auctions as of 10:05 est . for the JLA #51 misprint/error Luthor copies. B&A copies available 71 Direct Sales 11

Collector's should want both. Also does anyone know if this book only went to Barnes and Noble?

Again the manager I talked to said that if the book was recalled and they have yet to put it on the shelf then it won't make it to the shelf and that other stores would pull them. I guess it pays to get to Barnes and Noble now even though most of their books sit on the newsstand for extended periods.

FYI

Just went through the 45 current listed auctions as of 10:05 est . for the JLA #51 misprint/error Luthor copies. B&A copies available 71 Direct Sales 11

Collector's should want both. Also does anyone know if this book only went to Barnes and Noble?

Again the manager I talked to said that if the book was recalled and they have yet to put it on the shelf then it won't make it to the shelf and that other stores would pull them. I guess it pays to get to Barnes and Noble now even though most of their books sit on the newsstand for extended periods.

No doubt! Have to "assume" the print run on the regular #51 cover to be 90,000+ so the B&N is rare in comparison regardless.

There were hundreds of Electros in the first arc in Web-Warriors. They had universe jumping devices, so this is possible explanation they may use, one still was out in the wild.

FYI

Guess my "less than 220' everyone was crapping on is still holding up....

FYI

Well... You HAD 58 , I know of a store owner in Florida that HAD 50 total (for his 3 locations).Which ,btw, debunks the theory they were only shipped from one Diamond warehouse. You add the current and completed auctions with what is floating around , I would say "less than 220" won't hold. BUT it does appear these will be extremely scarce . I HOPE you are right Larry as I have 10 copies ! Maybe DC will release a statement on the matter in the future

Edited by viperdays

FYI

Well... You HAD 58 , I know of a store owner in Florida that HAD 50 total (for his 3 locations).Which ,btw, debunks the theory they were only shipped from one Diamond warehouse. You add the current and completed auctions with what is floating around , I would say "less than 220" won't hold. BUT it does appear these will be extremely scarce . I HOPE you are right Larry as I have 10 copies ! Maybe DC will release a statement on the matter in the future

The end is nigh! :preach: Repent, repent evil sinners. :facepalm: