• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

I don't know how I feel about mycomicshop being here...

Not sure what you mean, but they have been here 5 years longer than you...

On this section of the forum boards

Not sure what you mean? You are worried they will adjust their prices based on what is posted here? They don't work that way. They use verified sales from their site, and others like Ebay. They don't adjust their prices based on speculation. They would get burned more than they would make.

MCS is here in this thread because they do keyword searches for " MCS" and " Mycomicshop", In order to PR work. They take their image seriously and if people complain here, they respond and make it right normally, and go out of their way to explain things. Isn't that right Conan?

Not sure what you mean? You are worried they will adjust their prices based on what is posted here? They don't work that way. They use verified sales from their site, and others like Ebay. They don't adjust their prices based on speculation. They would get burned more than they would make.

MCS is here in this thread because they do keyword searches for " MCS" and " Mycomicshop", In order to PR work. They take their image seriously and if people complain here, they respond and make it right normally, and go out of their way to explain things. Isn't that right Conan?

I think it is smart from a PR standpoint that they are accessible on the boards and address any issues that may arise regarding MCS. As far as being on the boards to keep track of whats hot or not in the comic world, I say why not? A lot of comic shops could learn a lot from these boards.

It seems all of the slabs I want from them are priced above GPA, with no wiggle room on price.

But I have nothing against them. I just either still buy it if I want it bad enough, or move on.

I agree that the prices on many are pretty high, but most of the slabs listed on MCS are on consignment, so it doesn't set the price.

Yeah--I do keep an eye out for stuff related to us, and answer questions or help however I can. I also just enjoy the boards, though I read more than I post. This is my favorite online comic community.

And yeah, while we're aware of ongoing threads like this, we generally don't follow them too closely. Before a book is released we do our best to predict how strongly it will sell so we can order appropriately, but other than that, speculating on future changes in value isn't really part of what we try to do.

It seems all of the slabs I want from them are priced above GPA, with no wiggle room on price.

But I have nothing against them. I just either still buy it if I want it bad enough, or move on.

I agree that the prices on many are pretty high, but most of the slabs listed on MCS are on consignment, so it doesn't set the price.

Ah, good to know.

Thank you.

Ah, good to know.

Thank you.

(thumbs u

Mycomicshop is great, thank god there here..

I do not know why people here always seem to be down on MCS. They have decent prices, a huge inventory and they pack their items better than anyone.

I can't speak of the experience of others, but the one time I bought stuff from mycomicshop on eBay, the books were more expensive than what seemed to be the going rate. But whatever, one can ask whatever they want, so I decided to spend a little more to get the books in the condition I wanted and fill some holes in my collection. When they were delivered, I found that a good number of them were not in the condition described (e.g. color-breaking creases and some significant scuffing on books described as NM). Despite their stated return policy claiming "Free Return Shipping," they didn't cover the actual cost of return shipping, and actually covered less than they charge themselves. When I inquired what method of shipping they expected I use that their shipping refund would cover, they never bothered to respond. So,

• Overpriced

• Overgraded

• Poor Customer Service

What's not to love?

That is unfortunate you experienced that. Every one of my transactions has been stellar. Perfectly described and extremely well packed.

I'll agree with this, I've only ordered from them maybe 10 times or so. But every time it's been bullet proof packing and very strict grading.

That is unfortunate you experienced that. Every one of my transactions has been stellar. Perfectly described and extremely well packed.

I think they actually under grade in some cases. I have had nothing but luck with MCS

Low print run Flash/Green Lantern crossover (shrug)

Sales figures from July 2013

Green Lantern #22 - 62,415

Flash #22 - 38,993

Flash Annual #2 - 34,114

I don't know if this is the reason why that book is selling for over $30, but it is something worth considering.

Sales figures from July 2013

Green Lantern #22 - 62,415

Flash #22 - 38,993

Flash Annual #2 - 34,114

I don't know if this is the reason why that book is selling for over $30, but it is something worth considering.

I checked that also. The two Flash books are consistent numbers wise with months surrounding it. The stories don't seem to tie in which is pretty typical of an annual, being a standalone story. And Flash 22 from the same month is seeing no movement.

Edited by ygogolak