• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

So, back to Wolverines #3 X-23 variant... Is it a keeper, or just a passing phase?

Because I want one.... But I need to justify buying it...

if you are into second appearances of new characters then i say buy.

So, back to Wolverines #3 X-23 variant... Is it a keeper, or just a passing phase?

Its pretty much decided Wolverines 3 is her first full appearance as 2 had her on splash page on the last page.

I love 2nd appearances. Especially Hulk #181

Me too.... :luhv:

And Spidey #300

Its pretty much decided Wolverines 3 is her first full appearance as 2 had her on splash page on the last page.

So, her second appearance then.

(:

-slym

(:

-slym

Umm #2 is the cameo and 3 is the full.

Umm #2 is the cameo and 3 is the full.

So, she appeared in #2 first? And #2 came out before #3, I assume?

#3 is just a second appearance then.

:D

-slym

This cameo/appearance thing is ridiculous. I quit.

The hobby has spent 30 years or so bastardizing the terms, to the consternation of some literalists. lol

Give me a meaningful second appearance anytime!

That's all well and good, and I agree in some cases. But calling a second appearance "first full appearance" is a joke. It's still just the second appearance in cases like this, IH #181, and others.

IDC about popularity, IDC about value, IDC about anything other than people calling the first appearance what it is - the first appearance.

:)

-slym

It blows my mind that the verbiage on the notes section of a CGC label...which isn't even part of the service, just a freebie bonus...means so much to so many people.

I simply cannot fathom it.

In my day, you knew what a Hulk #181 was, a New Mutants #87, a Man of Steel #18, a Spidey #194....you either knew it, or you learned it.

Now...?

:shrug:

"But the CGC label note says X! I need it so say Y!! It has to say Y, or it's WORTHLESS to me!!"

:ohnoez:

Back in the olden days, we just held up a copy of X-Men #244, and if someone asked why it was important, we just said "It's the first appearance of Jubilee!"

I don't need a label note to tell me that Swamp Thing #37 is the first appearance of John Constantine. If you do...you should probably do a little more homework.

It blows my mind that the verbiage on the notes section of a CGC label...which isn't even part of the service, just a freebie bonus...means so much to so many people.

I simply cannot fathom it.

In my day, you knew what a Hulk #181 was, a New Mutants #87, a Man of Steel #18, a Spidey #194....you either knew it, or you learned it.

Now...?

:shrug:

"But the CGC label note says X! I need it so say Y!! It has to say Y, or it's WORTHLESS to me!!"

:ohnoez:

Back in the olden days, we just held up a copy of X-Men #244, and if someone asked why it was important, we just said "It's the first appearance of Jubilee!"

I don't need a label note to tell me that Swamp Thing #37 is the first appearance of John Constantine. If you do...you should probably do a little more homework.

I concur. :preach: