• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,823 posts in this topic

Eh, give me the original MM #15...

This is actualy a big deal. Rare book that was never reprinted till now, plus you get new extras including a house ad concept art, the development of the original cover from sketch to inks to colors, scans of the original artboards of ten pages, character study and scene sketches by Totleben, layouts and sketches, and an unused layout page for page 19

Im alll in on that one

This is actualy a big deal. Rare book that was never reprinted till now, plus you get new extras including a house ad concept art, the development of the original cover from sketch to inks to colors, scans of the original artboards of ten pages, character study and scene sketches by Totleben, layouts and sketches, and an unused layout page for page 19

Im alll in on that one

It's the only good regular cover I have seen yet. All the other regular covers have been absolute garbage.

Agreed, 15 is a Copper classic.

Edited by ygogolak

Im alll in on that one

Some of Totleben's studies for pivotal scenes--e.g., the battle's end--are just stunning.

NM, they went back to Totleben for the regular cover. Not feeling this one either.

1400462_ful_zpsvaiv3zz0.jpg

You do realize the guy is technically blind

miracleman or totleben?

NM, they went back to Totleben for the regular cover. Not feeling this one either.

1400462_ful_zpsvaiv3zz0.jpg

You do realize the guy is technically blind

miracleman or totleben?

John Totleben has been suffering from retinitis pigmentosa. His condition worsened during the time he was doing Miracleman for Eclipse and although all the difficulties he managed to produce some of the most captivating pieces of art, such as MM15.. His sight impairment aside I think his current rendition to MM15 is just as eerie as his early work. Im a fan

So, is Kid Marvelman/Miracleman's first appearance heating up on ebay?

I think there are like 2 known copies of his first appearance. First Alan Moore Marvelman would be a better place to start.

Edited by Solar

not sure if serious

no meme? now I'm not sure if YOU'RE serious.

I think there are like 2 known copies of his first appearance. First Alan Moore Marvelman would be a better place to start.

I was actually kidding, though one copy actually did show up on ebay years ago. Sorry about that!

(And yes, I highly recommend first Alan Moore Marvelman to everyone--Warrior #1! Also first V for Vendetta!)

I've never been an Inhumans fan.

Nor the Fantastic Four for that matter...

They just never clicked for me. I know I am in the vast minority, but I just don't like the FF and their stories.

Give me the X-Men though, and I am happy!

Well, it also largely depends on what you have read, I believe. I liked the majority of the Marvel titles, the Marvel age as a whole. :)

Off topic now, but have you ever read the Defenders or any other Steve Gerber title?