• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Also, if these were "rare" (which they are not because every 6th print seems to have a double cover) it wouldn't be that hard to marry a 1st print cover to a 6th print green cover. This would be one of the easier scams to pull. Definitely not worth the money people are paying. Collectors can be such lemmings at times. :D

Should I buy a bunch at cover price?

I'm considering the same. With the way collectors are today, it would be easy money. But, it is more work that it is worth IMHO unless you can make more money than these are fetching.

Edited by rjrjr

So when the LCS scans the barcode at the cash register when selling it, will it show up as a SW1 1st Ed sale?

If so, will there ever be many sales recorded for the SW1 6th Ed since most LCS won't open it up to scan the inner cover? Or are point of sales data not relevant outside of the LCS itself?

Out of curiosity I have a question. Even if you took off the sixth print cover, wouldn't the interior of the comic still say "Sixth Print" by the publisher information? Maybe Marvel has changed that since I ran out of time to read their stuff, but you could always look there to see if something was a second print, or whatever. If that is true, i believe removing these would make them pretty low grade, even if they were removed well.

Ron - just out of curiosity, why do you think this book would have the same print run? No credence to the theory that stores would order less due to still have copies of the 4th or 5th print? Thanks.

It's probable the 6th print will have less than previous prints. But if you look at the numbers from Comichron:

February 2015 Star Wars 1 33,145 (2nd and 3rd print)

April 2015 Star Wars 1 12,756 (4th print)

May 2015 Star Wars 1 13,619 (5th print)

In June, the Star Wars Director's Cut had estimated sales of 11,323.

All the reprints have all been over 10,000 based on the above sales data. Some retailers like Mile High Comics are ordering aggressively on these multiple printings. Again, I have no proof but I'm just extrapolating from the information we do know. It's possible the Director's Cut absorbed much of the demand, but we don't really have any way of knowing for sure.

If Marvel doesn't order a 7th print this month (we should know in the next week) then that would be a good indication the sales of these subsequent prints have fallen significantly.

Edited by rjrjr

Anyone paying attention to this?: Star Wars 1 6th Print, Double Cover Error

There is no 'variant' which is why this isn't getting any attention. All the 6th printings have a double cover. Also, every one of the 1st issue reprints have had over 10,000 copies. The 6th printing is also going to be around 10,000 copies, so it won't be "rare".

Wrong... Its the LIMITED RARE 6TH PRINT W 1ST PRINT DOUBLE COVER PRINT ERROR HTF ONLY ONE ON EBAY

Also, if these were "rare" (which they are not because every 6th print seems to have a double cover) it wouldn't be that hard to marry a 1st print cover to a 6th print green cover. This would be one of the easier scams to pull. Definitely not worth the money people are paying. Collectors can be such lemmings at times. :D

I seee what you did there

Call it what you will, Star Wars Marvel 2015 has constantly been discussed here and on the blogesphere.. Hot Topic.. Allocations on SW3.. Now this

Even Dark Horse has contributed to the hype of the book with their Barb Wire/SW trade off deal