• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,786 posts in this topic

Should be easy for me to find one then (or two!) :P

With those kind of extreme high grade census numbers, its definitely a book you can be patient with.

-J.

Yeah patiently wait and pay more later. This book I'm glad I picked up last year in NM.

These are already looking like speculative/ hype prices based on Marvel's recently announced decision to call the character "Wolverine" for a while in a new title.

Additionally, the overabundance of nearly 1000 9.8 slabs on the census (and counting) will always keep this book's price in check.

-J.

Yah, I used to think the same thing with New Mutants #98 and look how that turned out. :frustrated: I say if you can buy NYX 3 do it now.

The characters are not in the same league at all, and how have things really turned out for NM 98?

NM 98, a Copper book, is 13 years older than NYX 3, with (currently) 1966, 9.8+ copies on the census, representing 26% of total copies.

NYX 3 is a modern book, released in the CGC slabbing era, that already has 925, 9.8+ copies on the census, representing 48% of total copies. Those numbers exceed even The Walking Dead 1 (in fact, a far more appropriate potential comparison, but still, not really), which itself has "only" 809, 9.8+ copies (138 less than NYX 3) on the census representing 36% of total copies.

As popular as Deadpool is, with multiple hit titles, variants, crossovers, movie appearances, etc, NM 98 still cannot reach $750 consistently in a 9.8. NM 98's massive census numbers in a 9.8 also keep its price level in check.

X-23, as a female derivation of an existing character will have an even greater task maintaining these speculative price levels as even more 9.8 copies of the book continue to hit the census, let alone if the newly launched title and attempt at character re-branding is anything less than a blockbuster when it is released, and even more so when the actual Wolverine is inevitably resurrected.

In other words, patience with that book is a no-brainer.

-J.

I remember seeing this book on the rack and realizing how important she could be. There was no hype surrounding her and she was in a title people didnt really care about. I do not know the print run but I would rather have Nyx 3 over a NM 98 any day. The only thing I dont get s why Nyx 4 isnt wortha bit more?

I do not know the print run but I would rather have Nyx 3 over a NM 98 any day.

That's a pretty bold statement.

I like the cut of your jib, even though I vehemently disagree on this one.

Both are spectacular Modern Keys.

Here is what I don't like about NM 98:

the print run,

the fact that Rob L was involved,

the paper it is printed on,

the story,

and the fact that is would be worth nothing if not for the work of writers who came later.

Also I am not even sure we can call it a modern.

Here is I like about NM 98:

The print run although "nineties-esque" is far less than demand.

The fact that Rob Liefeld, poster child creator for the era, maverick visual designer, founder of the creator owned megalith: Image Comics was involved.

The paper it is printed on.

The story, NM 86-100 was must read material during my formative fan years.

And the fact that the kinetic character design allowed so many layers to be added seamlessly by creators who came later.

Also it is actually a copper-age book.

( I hoarded NM 87 for fifteen years, discarding 98 the 1st appearance of Shatterstar & Domino. Who knew )

I like that NO ONE points out how some retailers call in FALSE damages and get HTF variants over and over again each week.

Almost like web sites claiming a book is hot, then to top it off put a obscene price on their copy for sale with no sales data to back it.

You mad bro?

My website turned 2 years ago today. Thank you, I appreciate the praise.

Me? nah :foryou:

I wasn't pointing yours out per say, but if the shoe fits.

I'm more of a crocs kind of guy

Just lost some respect for ya bud. Crocs..... Really?

NYX 3 and 4 are great books, but don't forget X-Men 450 & 451 where she in incorporated clearly into the Marvel Universe.

Wolverine vs X-23 in 450 was pretty important issue.

Couple of years ago when I traveling to some conventions I stopped at a store in TN. Great guy I went thru a ton of boxes and bought about 200 books. On his wall behind his counter were 3 copies of NYX 3 for $50 each in NM. At the time that was the bleed price for that book. I passed on them.

Cant win them all. :sorry:

Last year, I went to a Jimmy-Crack-Korn convention. Guy had two copies for $10 each. Almost passed on them because I couldn't believe there were multiples. Thought it might have tanked in interest. But for every success, I have a couple fails.

Patrick

$2.84. Whoever sold that 4-pack must feel like a heel, and everyone who has paid over $5 for this book. I agree she can be a key part of the marvel universe, but why risk buying this with so many other keys still going for less money?

$2.84. Whoever sold that 4-pack must feel like a heel, and everyone who has paid over $5 for this book. I agree she can be a key part of the marvel universe, but why risk buying this with so many other keys still going for less money?

Such as what exactly?

Such as what exactly?

My first appearance in "Gunnz - Me and THIS army!" #1. Came out in 1984 fresh from the womb, and has appreciated in value over the past 30 years, but still very affordable at $50 a night.

Only 1 variant exists.... It's the evil twin variant...

....I'm bored... :sorry:

Now that Fallout 4 is out in November, we need to get one of these comic publishers to work with Bethesda - I have been praying for a ongoing Fallout series forever. So many story lines they could do.

This thread has lost me again. No idea what any of you are discussing. (shrug)

Recap!

Gunnz appears to be pimping himself out. Possibly open to PM's.

Zack wants to see a Fallout comic book series from the video game. I agree, would be cool.

Jimmy is claiming he rocks Crocs, Yet I have him running through the 6 in Berkenstocks.

Summer sales are among us.

8,000 titles have been optioned.

I now know what all the Five Below stores I see sell and don't want anything they sell.

I want Tex-Mex.

Recap!

Zack wants to see a Fallout comic book series from the video game. I agree, would be cool.

Jimmy is claiming he rocks Crocs, Yet I have him running through the 6 in Berkenstocks.

I now know what all the Five Below stores I see sell and don't want anything they sell.

I want Tex-Mex.

knowing.jpg

Recap!

I want Tex-Mex.

We need you to chime in every 10 pages to keep things up to date and my mailbox full.

Excellent job!!!

Recap!

I want Tex-Mex.

We need you to chime in every 10 pages to keep things up to date and my mailbox full.

Excellent job!!!

Indeed. :golfclap:

Sorry for being late to the BA12 9.8 sales discussion, but I sold at auction my 9.8 on the bay and ended on Fathers Day at $1,825.00 and only paid $20.00 in fees!

Harley is still on fire...

R_H

How did you manage to only pay $20 in fees?

I'm guessing it was an ebay promo that capped the FVF fees for a four-day window. I got the same promo, but didn't have time to get anything really pricey listed. Well done!

Yup! It was the four day promotion and I capitalized as I listed many key books and only paid the $20.00, rather, than the $185.00 :banana:

R_H