• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Eyed-Kids-1-Ssalefish-Exclusive-Variant-1-of-175-Copies-Aftershock-B-E-D-/111975539198?hash=item1a124321fe:g:3UQAAOSwKfVXFuDo

12 copies sold at $40-$45. Not bad. (and yes, total transparency, I had a hand in creating this variant.) I still have a little stack of these that I didn't sell already. Ssalefish isn't me, but it's a friend of mine's store. I'm proud of this variant and it's getting some healthy sales on the bay. Best of all, the book is actually really good.

Great book and looking forward to issue #2 but tell your friend to lower his prices. Raping buyers on a new unheard of (by most) series won't gain him many return customers

but..... but.... but.... there's only 150 of these :ohnoez:

sssshhhh.....the pump and dump is in full effect.

Actually I bought one :whistle: at those prices, and quantities, there wont be much dumping. And if the book hits. Buy what you like, so they say

Edited by Astoria

(thumbs u Couldn't agree more. No one has enough of these to dump them. I wouldn't have posted here if there hadn't literally been 12 sales of the book from Ssalefish already. It's not like I was posting some junk that's not actually selling. It's getting pretty bad around here when you post a variant that actually has multiple sales over the week of release online and in person, the regular version sells out from Diamond 1st day, and you get the old "pump and dump" stuff. There was a time when this thread was something other than people arguing for 20 pages at a time. Yes, I am invested in this book. I believe in it. It's good, and sales have reflected that so far with the regular book and the variants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Eyed-Kids-1-Ssalefish-Exclusive-Variant-1-of-175-Copies-Aftershock-B-E-D-/111975539198?hash=item1a124321fe:g:3UQAAOSwKfVXFuDo

12 copies sold at $40-$45. Not bad. (and yes, total transparency, I had a hand in creating this variant.) I still have a little stack of these that I didn't sell already. Ssalefish isn't me, but it's a friend of mine's store. I'm proud of this variant and it's getting some healthy sales on the bay. Best of all, the book is actually really good.

Great book and looking forward to issue #2 but tell your friend to lower his prices. Raping buyers on a new unheard of (by most) series won't gain him many return customers

but..... but.... but.... there's only 150 of these :ohnoez:

sssshhhh.....the pump and dump is in full effect.

Actually I bought one :whistle: at those prices, and quantities, there wont be much dumping. And if the book hits. Buy what you like, so they say

I made a thread to sell 10 of them. I did so because I was getting offers via pm for them. Even though I have less of them than Ssalefish, I was going to sell a few to boardies if they wanted them at a lower price than the ones on Ebay are selling for. I went ahead and deleted that thread though. I won't be selling any here if that's what you consider "dumping". I am not "dumping" anything. I am however still "pumping" because the book is killer. I hope that's understandable.
No reason for "secrecy". I am definitely pumping this book because I believe in it. I'm not dumping it though. Of the copies I have left i'm only making 10 available. I honestly think this book is going to get a little crazy $ wise.

:roflmao: what??

For what's it's worth, I think you provide a lot of knowledge to these boards and are an asset. But what you did is the exact definition of a "pump and dump". You made a thread specifically about the issue when there is already a BEK thread. Then pointed out how the sales were doing of the specific book and then sold some.

Let's put the "situation" under different circumstances. Let's just say it was, oh...I don't know, maybe Preacher instead of BEK. Would that be an attempted "pump and dump" then?

I made a thread to sell 10 of them. I did so because I was getting offers via pm for them. Even though I have less of them than Ssalefish, I was going to sell a few to boardies if they wanted them at a lower price than the ones on Ebay are selling for. I went ahead and deleted that thread though. I won't be selling any here if that's what you consider "dumping". I am not "dumping" anything. I am however still "pumping" because the book is killer. I hope that's understandable.
No reason for "secrecy". I am definitely pumping this book because I believe in it. I'm not dumping it though. Of the copies I have left i'm only making 10 available. I honestly think this book is going to get a little crazy $ wise.

For what's it's worth, I think you provide a lot of knowledge to these boards and are an asset. But what you did is the exact definition of a "pump and dump". You made a thread specifically about the issue when there is already a BEK thread. Then pointed out how the sales were doing of the specific book and then sold some.

Let's put the "situation" under different circumstances. Let's just say it was, oh...I don't know, maybe Preacher instead of BEK. Would that be an attempted "pump and dump" then?

Beauty is in the Black Eye of the BEKholder. See what I did there?

I think you're confused. I made an Aftershock thread because I know the creators, and I wanted something to show them when they came on the boards. I want them to be able to pop in and answer some questions, or relay some info. It will be there as a catch all for any of the books that come out. BEK just happens to have just came out this past week, and it's the new #1 issue. That's why it's mentioned in that thread. When I have other announcements or info to relay there those books will be spotlighted. I have literally not sold one of these online personally. I have not sold any here, and the ones on Ebay are Ssalefish copies. That's a store owner I know in NC. He has a portion of the run, and that's what he has sold on Ebay. I've literally not seen a dime of that nor will I. I started a sales thread earlier to sell 10 of them because I have gotten several PMs asking if I'm selling. I was going to sell a small amount to boardies at a cheaper price than Ebay to give a better deal to a select few that wanted to jump on early at a better price. That's pretty much it. I won't be selling a single copy here as it's not worth the headache. There's no "pump and dump" without the "dump". That won't happen as I've decided not to sell any here. I will continue to post on a book I believe in that is actually "heating up on Ebay" however. That's what this thread is.

Uh, so is anything (that wasn't printed yesterday) actually heating up? hm

Every variant that's in the new shipment of Five Below combo packs

New shipment :o

They have Moon Knight and Ms Marvel variants

Which ones

That's a store owner I know in NC.

And just to chime in for anyone who doesn't know firsthand, my opinion is that Brett, the store owner in question, is one of the good ones. His store is small and unassuming, but when I was a regular customer he used to consistently impress me with his passion and knowledge, and has helped a lot of local artists get books published and on the shelves. The store gives back to the community in many unselfish ways, and they ran some of the best Free Comic Book Days I've ever been lucky enough to attend. I truly hope that we continue to see more Ssalefish exclusives, because that means he and his store are still doing well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to help a brother out with the purchase of a $40 exclusive variant. (thumbs u