• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

You're dead on with your assessment of Brett. That's why I set these covers up for him in the first place. He's a good dude.

That's a store owner I know in NC.

And just to chime in for anyone who doesn't know firsthand, my opinion is that Brett, the store owner in question, is one of the good ones. His store is small and unassuming, but when I was a regular customer he used to consistently impress me with his passion and knowledge, and has helped a lot of local artists get books published and on the shelves. The store gives back to the community in many unselfish ways, and they ran some of the best Free Comic Book Days I've ever been lucky enough to attend. I truly hope that we continue to see more Ssalefish exclusives, because that means he and his store are still doing well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to help a brother out with the purchase of a $40 exclusive variant. (thumbs u

They weren't there last week. They are now and they're selling well.
How can something be heating up at $45 when the store owner is the one charging $45 or whatever the price is??

But that's the store who made the variants asking price. That isn't heating up. That is overcharging for a cover and then saying it's a great deal to buy them for one of the two people who have them in stock.

A store variant heating up would be when Phantom/Larry sold Wayward #1 B&W for cover price and they were $40-50 on eBay.

K. Is there a thread for new variants that are selling well on Ebay? Around 20 have sold at this point on Ebay at around $40 per. Seems like a "hot on Ebay" book to me. Your opinion of what deserves to be reported in this thread obviously differs from mine.

How can something be heating up at $45 when the store owner is the one charging $45 or whatever the price is??

But that's the store who made the variants asking price. That isn't heating up. That is overcharging for a cover and then saying it's a great deal to buy them for one of the two people who have them in stock.

A store variant heating up would be when Phantom/Larry sold Wayward #1 B&W for cover price and they were $40-50 on eBay.

I don't see any difference between a store selling them for whatever he wants. If you don't want one .... Don't buy it. Why do you think you should tell him what they are worth. Let the market decide if he can sell 150 for $40 or 1500 for $4

I don't see any difference between a store selling them for whatever he wants. If you don't want one .... Don't buy it. Why do you think you should tell him what they are worth. Let the market decide if he can sell 150 for $40 or $1,500 for $4

If someone wants to sell me $1500 for $4 :takeit: ... sorry, just trying to lighten the mood...

I don't see any difference between a store selling them for whatever he wants. If you don't want one .... Don't buy it. Why do you think you should tell him what they are worth. Let the market decide if he can sell 150 for $40 or 1500 for $4

Exactly. So how is it "heating up" here?? It's him trying to sell copies at $40-45 which is what they set the price as. The store that has the exclusive store made that price because it is there variant. Is Batman #51 heating up because copies are selling for 100% asking price at $4?

Edited by Taco

Exactly. So how is it "heating up" here?? It's him trying to sell copies at $40-45 which is what they set the price as. The store that has the exclusive store made that price because it is there variant. Is Batman #51 heating up because copies are selling for 100% asking price at $4?

Thank you

lol You guys.

Thank you

I'm seriously thinking about doing this deal for your efforts. lol

I don't see any difference between a store selling them for whatever he wants. If you don't want one .... Don't buy it. Why do you think you should tell him what they are worth. Let the market decide if he can sell 150 for $40 or $1,500 for $4

If someone wants to sell me $1500 for $4 :takeit: ... sorry, just trying to lighten the mood...

Dead on!

Uh, so is anything (that wasn't printed yesterday) actually heating up? hm

Every variant that's in the new shipment of Five Below combo packs

New shipment :o

They have Moon Knight and Ms Marvel variants

Which ones

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1 1:100 sketch variant

Let's keep talking about it.

It's not heating up. Just pumping books to sell.

That. Is. All. :headbang:

If your book isn't "heating up" per se, it seems to be selling well at whatever price you have set. You gave full disclosure that you are involved with this book, and were understandably shameless in your plugging and proud that it has caught on.

So congratulations on a successful launch.

If there was less jaundiced cynicism on these boards , more people would have told you the same thing.

-J.

Thanks! You're the man J.

Let's keep talking about it.

It's not heating up. Just pumping books to sell.

That. Is. All. :headbang:

If your book isn't "heating up" per se, it seems to be selling well at whatever price you have set. You gave full disclosure that you are involved with this book, and were understandably shameless in your plugging and proud that it has caught on.

So congratulations on a successful launch.

If there was less jaundiced cynicism on these boards , more people would have told you the same thing.

-J.