• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

I'm not selling anything. I sold several copies at the signing on Sunday for a fraction of what he's selling them for. That's why I don't have many left from the portion I got. I'm not Ssalfish.

I definitely understand that there is a difference in opinion on what the thread title means. I also know that there's plenty in this thread that doesn't fit my opinion of what the thread is about. This thread could be condensed down to 50 pages or less if every post was about "Moderns that are heating up on Ebay". I was just going to make the one post here about how well it had started selling, but then I got cried on, and have responded.
You're going to get the crybaby quartet all riled up again. 25 have now sold at that price( 21 on Ebay) Black Eyed Kids #1 micro variant is the new hotness, but it will never be hot enough to evaporate the tears of the crybabies since they have no copies.

How can something be heating up at $45 when the store owner is the one charging $45 or whatever the price is??

cuz he's actually selling some of them?

I don't think its a big deal either way, but do you honestly not see the difference? Or why you're being perceived a certain way?

You don't know what this thread is about.

This thread is about moderns heating up. Not a "book pumping" sales thread.

Books heat up when they gradually sell for more than previous sales. A book doesn't heat up when it sells at a "set price" from a retailer and stays at that price, regardless when that retailer gradually raises the price.

Supply < Demand

Got it. (thumbs u

I thought that most people would have seen that he started a thread on this company that has been on the first page in moderns the last few days. At any rate, it's a good book. Based on his thread, I also tried American Monster #1. This was also. Pretty good but is likely skewed to a smaller overall audience than B.E.K.

I've recommended Black Eyed Kids to some friends who I think will enjoy it, since it wasn't ordered heavy around here a couple of them picked it up on ebay at cover price. If it has "legs" they're very short ones because the regular cover is still only $2.99 online.

Perhaps it will be like Monstress where it takes a couple of months and we'll be kicking ourselves for not dropping $50 on the variant. Perhaps not

I've recommended Black Eyed Kids to some friends who I think will enjoy it, since it wasn't ordered heavy around here a couple of them picked it up on ebay at cover price. If it has "legs" they're very short ones because the regular cover is still only $2.99 online.

Perhaps it will be like Monstress where it takes a couple of months and we'll be kicking ourselves for not dropping $50 on the variant. Perhaps not

i'm still patiently waiting for something to happen with Paper Girls...people sell that one so cheap I wonder how they're not losing money

How can something be heating up at $45 when the store owner is the one charging $45 or whatever the price is??

I think the point was that selling something at the initial retail price is not "heating up". A $4 book selling for $45 is heating up but a book selling at $45 initial retail price is something else entirely.

They didn't have to deep discount it a week after its release. Maybe that's heating up nowadays?

anyway, I'm just playing devil's advocate. obviously the book can't go up anywhere until the publisher has finished unloading his copies at retail. and then we'll see if it has any aftermarket legs.

Edited by the blob

I wasn't suggesting that this is some super hot book when I started the thread, just a super good read read. I read the book and then started looking for them myself. I will buy all I can get for cover price. I'm betting it will be a winner and wish I preordered a ton. I managed to miss the initial previews offering and didn't preorder any.

I think the point was that selling something at the initial retail price is not "heating up". A $4 book selling for $45 is heating up but a book selling at $45 initial retail price is something else entirely.

Reminds me of when someone was pre-selling the Spider-Gwen Phantom variants at an inflated price

I started Spider-Gwen pink at $12.99 on Ebay

50 copies were purchased pretty fast.. The market absorbed them.

I then listed Spider-Gwen pink at $19.99 on Ebay

I then listed Spider-Gwen pink at $24.99 on Ebay

100 copies were purchased pretty fast.. The market absorbed them.

I then listed Spider-Gwen pink at $29.99 on Ebay

I then listed Spider-Gwen pink at $34.99 on Ebay

I then listed Spider-Gwen pink at $39.99 on Ebay

Pretty sure $44.99 was my high sale.

The market then decided it no longer held Gwen in high regard & corrected itself.

Pink Gwen is currently a $12.99 comic.

Sounds like you made a poor purchase & hold a grudge.

I think it's hilarious.

Chump.

Reminds me of when someone was pre-selling the Spider-Gwen Phantom variants at an inflated price

The market then decided it no longer held Gwen in high regard & corrected itself.

I think it's hilarious.

Chump.

Well, you just pointed out the lack of faith & quality people have of your product now.....

On it's debut, it sold between $80-$100. So $232.50 isn't reasonably insane.

What's insane is why people want that ugly cover in the first place.....

is it a dell otto?

I think it's hilarious.

Chump.

Well, you just pointed out the lack of faith & quality people have of your product now.....

Nice try...

No.

I'm pretty sure it's the property.

Gwen is down across the board.