• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Good time to be selling Batgirl #40 movie poster variants.............

Sorry to bump a relatively old post, but this and Batman Mask variant were the only ones I bought of the movie poster variants. Just found two more copies of Batgirl for $6 a piece today in a record/comic store. Also, a few months ago I found Prince: Alter Ego 2nd print in a 50 cent box, and a copy of Prince: Three Chains of Gold for $10 at a show this past Saturday (I guess these are technically copper, but whatever). At the time I bought Three Chains of Gold there were only two listings on eBay, one for $170 and one for $500, and plenty of listings for the other Prince comics. I guess that one's the more rare?

Also, to echo some fairly recent comments, very happy the first Kate Bishop is doing well. I'd buy any copies of Young Avengers #1 I could find for $5 or less, and I always buy Young Avengers Presents #6 any time I see it for $10 or less. Hopefully, she can get her own book somewhere down the line, but I've loved her being paired with Clint in his book over the last handful of years.

As well, what is more sought after, the We Are Robin #1 Duke Thomas variant or Batman #21 regular edition?

Good time to be selling Batgirl #40 movie poster variants.............

Sorry to bump a relatively old post, but this and Batman Mask variant were the only ones I bought of the movie poster variants. Just found two more copies of Batgirl for $6 a piece today in a record/comic store. Also, a few months ago I found Prince: Alter Ego 2nd print in a 50 cent box, and a copy of Prince: Three Chains of Gold for $10 at a show this past Saturday (I guess these are technically copper, but whatever). At the time I bought Three Chains of Gold there were only two listings on eBay, one for $170 and one for $500, and plenty of listings for the other Prince comics. I guess that one's the more rare?

Also, to echo some fairly recent comments, very happy the first Kate Bishop is doing well. I'd buy any copies of Young Avengers #1 I could find for $5 or less, and I always buy Young Avengers Presents #6 any time I see it for $10 or less. Hopefully, she can get her own book somewhere down the line, but I've loved her being paired with Clint in his book over the last handful of years.

As well, what is more sought after, the We Are Robin #1 Duke Thomas variant or Batman #21 regular edition?

I found my high grade copy of Batgirl #40 and sold it for $40 on Saturday morning. It looked like the market was getting flooded with copies.

Edited by 1Cool

I sold my two copies about a week and a half ago. Got about as much as possible for the condition they were in.

I just checked the Census, and wow, there are waaaaaaay more NYX #3 9.8's out there then I thought... I had once heard it was a "rare" book. Yeah... Not so much.

40,000 copies in the North American market according to Comichron.com.

It was being slabbed heavily right from the start... so there aren't a whole lot of copies that went to unloving homes.

And popped off at $770/

NYX 3 9.8 CGC

Just sold a raw 9.0/9.2 for $265

Huh?? Any comments?

I could have swore before reading the label that that was a weird sketch. Its his sig....just wow. doh!

Sheesh, and to think I actually managed to lose a couple bucks on that book. Congrats to all the boardies who made out like bandits on this.

NYX 3 just wow. I purchased a 9.4 for $200 about 5 months ago, now it is going for about $350. This book should keep going up with the movie rumors. Yes, the print run was about 40k, but that is a small run compared to a few other modern keys (NM 98), that seem to have no ceiling. It is also a smallish run considering number of issue for other books of that time period where most top selling books were around 75k to 100k per issue.

Its got room, but if the appearance does not happen, watch it crash also.

I just checked the Census, and wow, there are waaaaaaay more NYX #3 9.8's out there then I thought... I had once heard it was a "rare" book. Yeah... Not so much.

I remember when the comic came out (2000 ish I think)I heard that the artist (Middleton) brought atleast 100 copies and sent it directly to CGC. He knew who was being introduced in the comic, that's the reason why he sent that many. He then sold all of them in eBay a few months/year after, for a good $$$...... atleast that's what I've heard

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Eyed-Kids-1-Ssalefish-Exclusive-Variant-1-of-175-Copies-Aftershock-B-E-D-/111975539198?hash=item1a124321fe:g:3UQAAOSwKfVXFuDo

12 copies sold at $40-$45. Not bad. (and yes, total transparency, I had a hand in creating this variant.) I still have a little stack of these that I didn't sell already. Ssalefish isn't me, but it's a friend of mine's store. I'm proud of this variant and it's getting some healthy sales on the bay. Best of all, the book is actually really good.

I remember when the comic came out (2000 ish I think)I heard that the artist (Middleton) brought atleast 100 copies and sent it directly to CGC. He knew who was being introduced in the comic, that's the reason why he sent that many. He then sold all of them in eBay a few months/year after, for a good $$$...... atleast that's what I've heard

I've never seem one for sale at LCS here or any conventions, It may not be "rare" but it isn't plentiful either. My guess is of the 40 k print run at least 50-60% is held by collectors.

I've never seem one for sale at LCS here or any conventions, It may not be "rare" but it isn't plentiful either. My guess is of the 40 k print run at least 50-60% is held by collectors.

And who are the other 40-50% held by?