• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

The delays/vacations have killed momentum for the title. You could see the effect in 2019 pre-Covid. Up until then you sold any back issues you had at shows. Starting that year it was only #1 being requested (and mostly to speculators to press and hope for 9.8). Part of that is due to TPBs making run books unnecessary, but like countless other Image books that suffer with the time off, it also likely means interest is waning.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, fastballspecial said:

Yes there are a couple that sell well, but most are just overprinted glut. 
I compare it to the later McFarlane Spider-man series. (except 13)
My local shops have all the variants way marked up they will sit for years. 

The 1:5s sell here for $10-$20 week after release depending on the store. Even the Boseman tribute issue with an insanely high print run moves at $12 for the stores that still have any (granted, that one has crossover appeal). The other issues are at $6-$10 a month out depending on which stores have them, and higher as time goes on. Most of the local stores here still order tight to file requests on Spawn so there is a lack of backstock. 

Spawn interest is going to rise as TMac announces more re: feature film. Personally, I think he would be better served cutting a deal with Amazon, Apple or Netflix and launching a streaming Spawn-verse in addition to feature films. He may be planning for that with the launch of the new books. Showing demand for multiple titles = higher value. That makes the most business sense to me as he can oversee everything with steaming from a continuity perspective while generating new IP in the comics.

Edited by kimik

On 10/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Another similar color combo as the third print of ASM 55. Gleason's virgin ASM 75 on sale now...I'm sure it will be heating up on ebay shortly: amazing spider-man 75 gleason | eBay

amazing-spider-man-75-ben-reilly-web-head-virgin-exclusive-raw.jpg

Yup. Been happening...just sayin'....

On 10/10/2021 at 12:37 PM, kimik said:

The delays/vacations have killed momentum for the title. You could see the effect in 2019 pre-Covid. Up until then you sold any back issues you had at shows. Starting that year it was only #1 being requested (and mostly to speculators to press and hope for 9.8). Part of that is due to TPBs making run books unnecessary, but like countless other Image books that suffer with the time off, it also likely means interest is waning.

Has it though?

Saga still seems to really be selling. 

I do agree with GeeksAreMyPeeps with their expectation that the series will cool once it finished, look no further than Fables. 

I think Saga will take an uptick for sure but the people that are really interested in the retailer variant will be paying top dollar for that book in the next two years, and then it will slowly decrease

On 10/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, kevhtx said:

Haha, finally. I bought a few of the variants when they came out. Figured this one wasn't ever going to go anywhere.

When will 4 Kids, Animosity, Hillbilly ever get optioned? Releases that were actually hot when they came out

On 10/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, littledoom said:
On 10/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, kevhtx said:

Haha, finally. I bought a few of the variants when they came out. Figured this one wasn't ever going to go anywhere.

When will 4 Kids, Animosity, Hillbilly ever get optioned? Releases that were actually hot when they came out

yes I sold off my animosity waiting so long lol along with my descender ..... doh! along with all or most of my doubles... to a LCS. But I knew what I was getting into when I did it. I lost track too, to see if it evened out for what I put the money toward :tonofbricks: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/13/2021 at 12:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 10/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, littledoom said:
On 10/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, kevhtx said:

yes I sold off my animosity waiting so long lol along with my descender ..... doh! along with all or most of my doubles... to a LCS. But I knew what I was getting into when I did it. I lost track too, to see if it evened out for what I put the money toward :tonofbricks: 

One of my biggest victories was selling all of my Nowhere Men (especially issue #3) at the absolute PEAK!  I've given up on Hillbilly.  I will burn them in the upcoming zombie apocalypse to keep myself warm.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, gradejunky said:

Was just perusing ebay for stuff I'm waiting to get in my latest preorder and came across dc horror presents soul plumber 1.  Was a cover price book yesterday.  Not sure what gives....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1312&_nkw=dc+horror+presents++soul+plumber+1&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&toolid=10041&mkcid=1&campid=5338314175&_odkw=DC+Horror+Presents++Soul+Plumber+1+1+25+Rossmo&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&customid=1000

I picked up Cover B last week because it sounded like it could be a fun read with some interesting art.  Why is it already selling for $20?

On 10/13/2021 at 2:25 PM, revat said:

One of my biggest victories was selling all of my Nowhere Men (especially issue #3) at the absolute PEAK!  I've given up on Hillbilly.  I will burn them in the upcoming zombie apocalypse to keep myself warm.

Hillbilly was great times. 

If Goon could get some larger attraction, I could see a Hillbilly/Goon crossover and that boosting the older title.

Patrick