• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2023 at 7:44 PM, fastballspecial said:

You sell one variant you get one customer. You sell 20 copies of whatever you get a potential 20 new customers. 

Its a risk reward thing. Minimal risk with more time and energy or maximum risk with higher reward. 

Thanks as always for your common sense approach! 👍

On 1/6/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lazyboy said:

No, irrelevant garbage that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This thread is about the market. If you're looking for yet another hype thread for your stupid, worthless :censored:, you're in the wrong place.

Another common sense approach (with flair) 😁 considering what was said. Thank you.

On 1/7/2023 at 2:52 PM, Lazyboy said:

No, irrelevant garbage that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This thread is about the market. If you're looking for yet another hype thread for your stupid, worthless :censored:, you're in the wrong place.

You don't think that this is a tad immature?

I'm also not touting anything. I seem to recall some backlash about variants such as ASM #667 (I also wasn't part of that discussion), but if they are mentioned, so what?

It's a message board.

On 1/7/2023 at 2:44 PM, fastballspecial said:

You sell one variant you get one customer. You sell 20 copies of whatever you get a potential 20 new customers. 

Its a risk reward thing. Minimal risk with more time and energy or maximum risk with higher reward. 

Yes. It depends on what you are comfortable with. I gravitate to the higher end of the spectrum, as usually less labour intensive with a high return. That's me (and I certainly wasn't mocking the other approach - simply making an observation).

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 AM, paullam15 said:

Do you think there will be even a small bump in prices? The show premieres next week so we'll find out soon enough.

I believe there will be a small one. The market is tough at present, and people are getting more savvy about what they want and how much they can spend. As you can readily purchase a Gem Mint copy (10.0), most people will consider the potential resale value.

That said, if you simply want to own a Gem Mint copy to collect as it is your favourite video game, go with my blessing.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lazyboy said:

Crimeny! Tell us how you really feel . . . :insane:

On 1/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, World Devourer said:

I believe there will be a small one. The market is tough at present, and people are getting more savvy about what they want and how much they can spend. As you can readily purchase a Gem Mint copy (10.0), most people will consider the potential resale value.

That said, if you simply want to own a Gem Mint copy to collect as it is your favourite video game, go with my blessing.

What do you think of God of War #1 with Amazon making a tv show?

On 1/8/2023 at 11:58 AM, paullam15 said:

What do you think of God of War #1 with Amazon making a tv show?

Good question.

I liked the original comic adaption (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_(DC_Comics)) for the story, despite weak art.

I think there will be a small flutter as a tremendously popular video game series, and if they release some rare variant (and there is scope for this given the strength of the franchise) then it will take off. I could see one of those 1:50 retailer situations working here.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:06 PM, World Devourer said:

An extra $40 is very minimal. Even if you have 20 copies it is agreat deal of time money and energy.

I purchased a number of variants I resold for thousands more, because they featured a popular character, and were ("tah dah") rare. 

Rinse and repeat 1000 times and you have a used Maserati. Or 4 years of state U tuition. Just saying. I get the feeling that donut, 1cool, and a few other folks here taking a methodic approach to this stuff are going to retire years early (or will be able to even if they do not) due to all these "very minimal" sales

Edited by the blob

On 1/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, the blob said:

Rinse and repeat 1000 times and you have a used Maserati. Or 4 years of state U tuition. Just saying. I get the feeling that donut, 1cool, and a few other folks here taking a methodic approach to this stuff are going to retire years early (or will be able to even if they do not) due to all these "very minimal" sales

The easiest path is to do both. You need a mix of lower value/retail books and higher value to do shows, sell on eBay, consign for auction, etc.