• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2023 at 9:36 PM, the authority said:

I’ve come back to work here in town. Looking forward to your show 👍

Finally, I was going to tell you to take the day off life is too short. I increased the show by one dealer so there should
be alot of volume. Plan to spend several hours there. 

Shameless Plug below.

(3) Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

On 1/21/2023 at 9:39 PM, fastballspecial said:

After the UF4 Crain fiasco I have no confidence whatsoever in a 10.0. That grade can be bought.

Hmm I am not up to date on that - care to explain ? I know there was the C2E2 book that was not authorized - were they made extra grade friendly in the process of adding ?

On 1/21/2023 at 11:42 PM, JoeBrrr said:

Hmm I am not up to date on that - care to explain ? I know there was the C2E2 book that was not authorized - were they made extra grade friendly in the process of adding ?

This thread it explains it all.  I am still shocked by it all and it made a grading company look very very bad.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:10 PM, fastballspecial said:

I gotta admit I am enjoying watching the foil and gimmick covers in the 90s make a comeback. 
Never thought I would say that lol.

The chromium/foil age was awesome. I can remember rushing to the local grocery store that was the only place to get new books in town to be the first to flip through the pile to 1) pull the best copy and 2) make sure you got a copy since they only brought in one or two of each issue for lesser hero or Image books. For whatever reason the chromium/foil covers tended to get scratched or dinged right away. 

Edited by kimik

On 1/21/2023 at 9:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

This thread it explains it all.  I am still shocked by it all and it made a grading company look very very bad.

Well I’m speechless…. Wasn’t active in the hobby at the time just heard about it from friends.  Wow. I hope those are nearly worthless now 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:17 PM, FlyingDonut said:

When Mrs. Donut and I go on vacations in towns we've never been we have an agreement - she finds the yarn store, I find the comic store, and we meet for a late lunch. #secrettoalongtermmarriage

When I was in Paris in 2015 or so, I found a copy of the first appearance of Killmonger for super cheap in the geek quarter.

On 1/23/2023 at 6:11 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Biker Mice from Mars #1 has been selling well for a while. Not sure if it has been mentioned before, though. 

Biker Mice is interesting franchise kinda bad cartoon and some okay video games but it has a cult following. Maybe there is more sells of number 1 but I don't see that the price has increased maybe just more copies has hit the market. The following issues 2 and 3 are more hard to find.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:05 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I've got a handful of copies too. The question is whether to sell them now or send them off for grading.

There's not a question. Sell! Sell! Sell!

On 1/23/2023 at 2:20 PM, manetteska said:

What I have learned, especially when it comes to "optioned" indies, is to sell immediately.

Agree. I sold all my Sex Criminals #1 a couple years ago (or more?) when it was first optioned. I could have bought back in around cover price over the years after the initial FOMO and sold on this news. 

On 1/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Agree. I sold all my Sex Criminals #1 a couple years ago (or more?) when it was first optioned. I could have bought back in around cover price over the years after the initial FOMO and sold on this news. 

I'm holding onto my 8 Billion Genies - really curious to see what they do with the IP.