• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2023 at 12:05 PM, kimik said:

The easiest path is to do both. You need a mix of lower value/retail books and higher value to do shows, sell on eBay, consign for auction, etc. 

The next couple years do appear like it's going to imperative to work extra hard to sell books via any way possible.  I'm slated to set up at 2 or 3 local shows next year to generate some extra sales which I hate to do but selling on E-Bay isn't what it has been so I just need to work harder to keep the cash coming in. 

Some people like to hit only home runs and it works for them but the grinders do just as well (if not better) but it just takes a bit more work and patience.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:05 PM, kimik said:

The easiest path is to do both. You need a mix of lower value/retail books and higher value to do shows, sell on eBay, consign for auction, etc. 

Yeah, my money went straight to shutting my wife up helping to pay for vacations, babysitters, etc. Nothing useful.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:18 AM, 1Cool said:

The next couple years do appear like it's going to imperative to work extra hard to sell books via any way possible.  I'm slated to set up at 2 or 3 local shows next year to generate some extra sales which I hate to do but selling on E-Bay isn't what it has been so I just need to work harder to keep the cash coming in. 

Some people like to hit only home runs and it works for them but the grinders do just as well (if not better) but it just takes a bit more work and patience.

I have been setting up a shows since university. It is a great way to buy as well as sell. It is also the most effective way to blow out the low value books from collections that you do not want.

eBay has been great for slabs since November. Raw books are a bit slower, but I am at the point where I wish I had not sent so many books to Clink as I am running out of slabs for eBay. lol 

On 1/11/2023 at 11:15 AM, divad said:

Ok, ok, we know our wives are hot! :bigsmile: How about some hot books so we can get back to business! :peace:

I’ll help try and get things on track. Any reason why the ever maligned blue Supes is getting higher prices? I noticed my lcs recently put it up on the wall along with this live wire 1st continuity app. 

F27979EC-F3C2-4FB3-96E8-41D3DE4401F1.png

6AA5EC11-2692-47D7-AAEF-F4B1C6D4A6B0.png

On 1/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, JoeBrrr said:

I’ll help try and get things on track. Any reason why the ever maligned blue Supes is getting higher prices? I noticed my lcs recently put it up on the wall along with this live wire 1st continuity app. 

The blue costume is coming back: https://screenrant.com/superman-electric-blue-suit-jon-kent-new-powers/

On 1/11/2023 at 3:45 PM, JoeBrrr said:

If I'm not mistaken, they're giving his son that look in the current books?

On 1/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, JoeBrrr said:

It may be due to Key Collector, the app? I remember stumbling on a blue supes a while ago, and thinking since it was a 1st app that the LCS might want it? turns out they did not, and had a bad experience with that book upon release :) 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

news to me

On 1/11/2023 at 2:49 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If I'm not mistaken, they're giving his son that look in the current books?

Thank you for further clarifying lol I wonder if I still have my copy, although I doubt it lol 

On 1/11/2023 at 12:45 PM, JoeBrrr said:

On 1/11/2023 at 12:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

The second print is doing well too, a lot harder to find.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 1/12/2023 at 4:18 AM, 1Cool said:

The next couple years do appear like it's going to imperative to work extra hard to sell books via any way possible. 

True. How hard depends on one's circumstances.

Selling for a living is tough. I have a friend in this situation, and while he does well it is hard work and he can't turn his back on the business for even a day.

For some (like myself) it is simply a hobby to tune into when the mood suits.

Edited by World Devourer

On 1/11/2023 at 6:03 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

The second print is doing well too, a lot harder to find.

Screenshot_20230111_160144_eBay.jpg

Especially for you, apparently. :baiting:

I can't believe Superman (v.2) 123 is hot now. At least I can probably finally sell my extra copy.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:41 PM, Lazyboy said:

Especially for you, apparently. :baiting:

I can't believe Superman (v.2) 123 is hot now. At least I can probably finally sell my extra copy.

Not for me personally other than moving about 50 other comic boxes to find the right one they're in...:ohnoez:

On 1/12/2023 at 10:41 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I have 2 copies of the 1st print I couldn’t give away for $3 :banana:

I too believe I have 2 copies of that either in my PC or overflow inventory boxes.  If in my PC they will be easy to locate.  If in my inventory boxes, I know for sure they are not databased as I checked my inventory app.  Do not know if I will even dig for this if the latter is the case. $8-10 for a book that by the time I get around to finding will be $2 again.