• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2023 at 3:54 PM, CheeseFrog said:

I'm holding onto my 8 Billion Genies - really curious to see what they do with the IP.

Cheese, do you think that 8 Billion Genies will become something big? I was going back and forth on holding on to mine or just keep selling these.

This was a topic in another thread concerning the controversial Alf #48 seal humping cover.  The Cerebus in Hell Alien Life Cerebus humps seal cover homage.  The Cerebus book has only 2379 copies printed per the notation on the top left cover of book next to the price/logo box:

Spoiler

Cerebus in Hell Presents Alien Life #1

Some $20+ sales now and $40+ asking prices with only a couple of sellers having stock on Ebay:

Sold:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=cerebus+in+hell+alien+life&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_dmd=2&_fsrp=1&rt=nc&_odkw=cerebus+in+hell+alien&_osacat=0&_sop=13&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

For sale:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=cerebus+in+hell+alien+life&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_dmd=2&_fsrp=1&_sop=13&LH_PrefLoc=2&rt=nc

Edited by gradejunky

On 1/24/2023 at 2:14 PM, captainzombie said:

Cheese, do you think that 8 Billion Genies will become something big? I was going back and forth on holding on to mine or just keep selling these.

Impossible to say!  

I think the story is very original. The plot is a lot of fun… Charles Soule is a notable author.

Apparently Amazon has pretty big plans for the series.  The breadth of the universe leaves a lot of room to explore.  A series or movie would compliment the material well. 

The genies are cherubic and fun, the characters are very cos-playable.  

I think it has a good shot!  I can’t think of another series like it… fingers crossed.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:03 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Impossible to say!  

I think the story is very original. The plot is a lot of fun… Charles Soule is a notable author.

Apparently Amazon has pretty big plans for the series.  The breadth of the universe leaves a lot of room to explore.  A series or movie would compliment the material well. 

I think it has a good shot!  I can’t think of another series like it… fingers crossed.

Soule is the only negative I think. His shows dont see the screen for years for some reason. He has several in some form 
of production. I am still waiting for Letter 44 its been years. 

On 1/24/2023 at 7:03 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Impossible to say!  

Agreed that the story is very original. My only concern, thought I guess at the end of the day it would not matter is that there are only going to be 8 books right? I guess with only that amount of books, they will have to create a lot of their own material that isn't in any of these books to fill in the story. It all depends too if they make it past season 1.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:23 PM, gradejunky said:

If Amazon is the one making the show, sell them all now.  

Which show has Amazon done themselves?

On 1/25/2023 at 6:17 PM, fastballspecial said:

Soule is the only negative I think. His shows dont see the screen for years for some reason. He has several in some form 
of production. I am still waiting for Letter 44 its been years. 

Has Soule had any shows make it to the screen yet?

On 1/25/2023 at 9:49 PM, CheeseFrog said:

Playing the odds, one of them will stick eventually.  It might be 8BG! :p 

Is this 2011-2021 thinking or is there still action like this in the market? I went back on these boards a couple of weeks ago, but have not dipped back into buying or selling online for a while

On 1/26/2023 at 12:29 PM, the blob said:

Is this 2011-2021 thinking or is there still action like this in the market? I went back on these boards a couple of weeks ago, but have not dipped back into buying or selling online for a while

Times are a changing with the arms race between all the streaming services. Especially when it comes to Amazon and Prime video they are just printing money for their content production - I have heard an anecdote about Bezos saying their movies and shows aren’t judged based on viewership but on their ability to get new Amazon prime sign ups or retention. 

Heck if they’ve made the most expensive tv series to date with Rings org Power, paid 11 billion for Thursday Night Football, brought Paper Girls and Invincible to screen (and made Invicible 1 skyrocket).

Just look at The Boys - which was optioned way back around 2008 and just stuck in development hell originally with Adam McKay attached for a movie. Amazon gets the rights in Novbember of 2017 and they go to production by 2018. 

I do see this coming to fruition - whether it sticks the landing and does well enough or is good enough to help bring the books prices up higher is tbd. 

On 1/26/2023 at 2:56 PM, JoeBrrr said:

Just look at The Boys - which was optioned way back around 2008 and just stuck in development hell originally with Adam McKay attached for a movie. Amazon gets the rights in Novbember of 2017 and they go to production by 2018.

The Boys is an interesting one - because I really like the show and think it's well done, but it doesn't really seem like it's done a ton to boost value in the books that much...

On 1/26/2023 at 2:29 PM, the blob said:

Asking the wrong guy - I'm just a hoarder, and will look for any excuse and opportunity to buy everything up :P

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 1/22/2023 at 12:41 AM, fastballspecial said:

Finally, I was going to tell you to take the day off life is too short. I increased the show by one dealer so there should
be alot of volume. Plan to spend several hours there. 

Shameless Plug below.

(3) Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

Any toys at the show? 

I'm only a couple hours north of Evansville. 

Patrick

On 1/26/2023 at 7:45 PM, followtheleader said:

Any toys at the show? 

I'm only a couple hours north of Evansville. 

Patrick

There will be some, but it wont be that many. There are a couple of very large toy stores
in town and one of them will be at the show Secret Headquarters, but I dont know how many 
toys he will bring. The other toy store is like 4 miles from the show.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

The Boys is an interesting one - because I really like the show and think it's well done, but it doesn't really seem like it's done a ton to boost value in the books that much...

Those Kirkham variants/reprints seem to do well - I think the problem is not enough data points to judge by. I would like to know how they do at cons particularly ones where the shows guests also are there. Also I have no memory of boys prices before the show tbh. I saw a 9.8 just sold for 250 

On 1/27/2023 at 8:02 AM, bellrules said:

This might be a bit off topic, but why wasn’t the latest issue of ASM recalled? Most of the copies that showed up in my area, looked like this. Was it the same for everyone? 

EAB4448B-1997-4223-A182-D546E97386D1.jpeg

Foreigner - Double Vision - dutchcharts.nl