• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2020 at 11:06 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Thanks. Luckily I didn’t personally meet @Myowncollector after my accident otherwise my other foot would be stuck high up his  

Anyone know what ever happened to @Aweandlorder(shrug) This was his last post almost 3 years ago. If I recall, I believe he was a Long Island guy. hm I hope he's doing well :wishluck:

On 3/24/2023 at 9:43 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Anyone know what ever happened to @Aweandlorder(shrug) This was his last post almost 3 years ago. If I recall, I believe he was a Long Island guy. hm I hope he's doing well :wishluck:

Don’t know but always liked him. Easy to get along with and we read/collected the same types of books. I took a break for a while, maybe he did too. 

This is barely Modern, but I sold a CGC 9.6 OW/W of Disney's 1992 The Little Mermaid #1 for $100 and now have a bid on my second copy. If you've got one that's a 9.4 or better, it's probably worth sending in and selling before the movie releases. (They're not going for much ungraded.)

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 3/24/2023 at 11:02 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This is barely Modern, but I sold a CGC 9.6 OW/W of Disney's 1992 The Little Mermaid #1 for $100 and now have a bid on my second copy. If you've got one that's a 9.4 or better, it's probably sending in and selling before the movie releases. (They're not going for much ungraded.)

:whistle:

Spoiler

scan0190.jpg.594a735f57fc5a90ce7e9487751070ed.thumb.jpg.a3c7c88eb243306a4d0965b867cb0359.jpg

The Good Asian seems to be slowly heating up.

I'm noticing that the David Choe "B" cover of #6 seems to have jumped a bit lately (and is approaching $25), but not the David Johnson "A" cover - does anyone know why this might be the case?

On 3/29/2023 at 4:25 PM, Brock said:

The Good Asian seems to be slowly heating up.

I'm noticing that the David Choe "B" cover of #6 seems to have jumped a bit lately (and is approaching $25), but not the David Johnson "A" cover - does anyone know why this might be the case?

Choe is newer to mainstream comics, but not the fine art world. I would suspect it's due to a wider audience.

I still finally see some higher sales again for power girl 27.

I think it is because there seems to be a Warren lowe artist issue currently out, that may have made past books come up under a search to get results.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I still finally see some higher sales again for power girl 27.

I think it is because there seems to be a Warren lowe artist issue currently out, that may have made past books come up under a search to get results.

It could be that the latest FOC had the zombie homage to issue 1 of JLA Classified this past week bringing attention to the sought after covers for Power girl.

DCEASED WAR OF THE UNDEAD GODS #8 ANACLETO HOMAGE:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=dceased+war+8+anacleto&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=dceased+war+8&_osacat=0&_sop=12

On 3/30/2023 at 1:52 PM, gradejunky said:

It could be that the latest FOC had the zombie homage to issue 1 of JLA Classified this past week bringing attention to the sought after covers for Power girl.

DCEASED WAR OF THE UNDEAD GODS #8 ANACLETO HOMAGE:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=dceased+war+8+anacleto&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=dceased+war+8&_osacat=0&_sop=12

He must be a Hughes fan. He did this one too which was a store variant. Trade sells for about $10.

s-l16001.jpg

On 4/1/2023 at 6:06 PM, the authority said:

This one hasn’t hit shelves yet but it’s already hot. 

95BD377F-E30B-4BDC-AD02-38F5B2FA9200.jpeg

Hard to find online for a decent price. This site I buy from alot (Big Time Collectibles) has some at the moment: SPIDER-MAN 7 HUMBERTO RAMOS TOP SECRET SPOILER VARIANT - 04/05/2023 (bigtimecollectibles.com)

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 4/1/2023 at 9:49 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Hard to find online for a decent price. This site I buy from alot (Big Time Collectibles) has some at the moment: SPIDER-MAN 7 HUMBERTO RAMOS TOP SECRET SPOILER VARIANT - 04/05/2023 (bigtimecollectibles.com)

It wasn't earlier today. I grabbed another 5 copies at cover to go with the 10 I pre-ordered when Dan Slott teased it on Twitter before FOC.

On 4/1/2023 at 9:48 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It wasn't earlier today. I grabbed another 5 copies at cover to go with the 10 I pre-ordered when Dan Slott teased it on Twitter before FOC.

Damn, I paid almost $1 more per book. :sumo:

On 4/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Thanks! I grabbed about another 5 copies from here. Hoping that this kind of ends up like Deadly Neighborhood 5, except let’s hope for better paper quality.

If your LCS has copies, pick up a couple of Indigo Children #1 to tuck away. And, if you can find a 1:50 or 1:75 for reasonable prices at LCSs, snap them up. They will be tough and are by Jenny Frison.

I know it does not mean as much now, but this book has already been optioned, and the writer, Curt Pires, already has two other properties in development (Youth and Wyrd).

Edited by kimik