• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2023 at 8:34 AM, Corona smith said:

Yeah I don’t get why you wouldn’t just by the entire series in single issues and have $700 left over?! 

There are a few OOP TPBs like that. Definitely not to this extreme, and I’m not sure why it’s the case, but I’ll keep selling. 

On 3/8/2023 at 9:37 AM, awakeintheashes said:

There are a few OOP TPBs like that. Definitely not to this extreme, and I’m not sure why it’s the case, but I’ll keep selling. 

What I find so funny is Battle Chasers:

A. Didn’t end. Joe Mad got bored and moved on to video games before wrapping up the series. So you’re buying an incomplete story. 

B. It’s boring. I tried to reread this as an adult and the story isn’t good. At all. So it’s hard to imagine this not being directly fueled by nostalgia. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:34 AM, Corona smith said:

Yeah I don’t get why you wouldn’t just by the entire series in single issues and have $700 left over?! 

HC/omnibus collectors must be a different breed. Guess there may have been extras in there. Plus it was giant sized edition so maybe that played a factor 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:34 AM, Corona smith said:

isn't this like telling people who buy an AF15 why not just buy a reprint instead?

On 3/8/2023 at 4:46 PM, WolverineX said:

So is it the oversized format why you prefer to get it instead of just getting the regular comics?

I have the regular comics as well as the softback.

I just like the hardcover design and would be nice to add in the collection.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:37 AM, awakeintheashes said:

For sure, I sold a Werewolf by Night complete collection tpb vol. 1 about a year ago for $125 shipped, maybe?  These can still be found in the wild I'm sure at an old skool type store with tons of unorganized backstock.  Just one example off the top of my head.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=werewolf+by+night+complete+collection+1&_sop=13&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

On 3/8/2023 at 12:35 PM, gradejunky said:

For sure, I sold a Werewolf by Night complete collection tpb vol. 1 about a year ago for $125 shipped, maybe?  These can still be found in the wild I'm sure at an old skool type store with tons of unorganized backstock.  Just one example off the top of my head.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=werewolf+by+night+complete+collection+1&_sop=13&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Trade Paperbacks are the source for many reading availability, and yet it isn't my expertise so thank you.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, D2 said:

What I find so funny is Battle Chasers:

A. Didn’t end. Joe Mad got bored and moved on to video games before wrapping up the series. So you’re buying an incomplete story. 

B. It’s boring. I tried to reread this as an adult and the story isn’t good. At all. So it’s hard to imagine this not being directly fueled by nostalgia. 

It's continuing now. As a result BC's are seeing some action now.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/22-years-late-joe-madureiras-battle-chasers-10-in-june-probably/

On 3/8/2023 at 3:41 PM, ygogolak said:

It's continuing now. As a result BC's are seeing some action now.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/22-years-late-joe-madureiras-battle-chasers-10-in-june-probably/

Ahhh

so I looked this up, because it had me curious and it turns out…

Back in 2016, Joe Mad promised these issues as a reward to his Battle Chasers Kickstarter campaign. I heard the game was actually really fun…

But he failed to meet the promises. 

Then in 2019, I guess these came out? Issues 10 and 11? Digitally… and now in 2023 Image picked them up for print. 

I mean, sure… welcome back Joe Mad. Welcome back… :golfclap:

On 3/8/2023 at 1:35 PM, gradejunky said:

I've been selling TPBs and HCs for years and do pretty well with them. Many comic collectors like them because they can build a library filled with their favorite stories on shelves. They're all I collect now, as far as comics go.

As far as modern comics, modern trade paperbacks have such tiny print runs now and if a shop doesn't order an extra copy, there are NO extra copies to go around. That's why we've not been seeing the cutouts at Books-A-Million and the shelves of Marvel and DC trade paperbacks have thinned out considerably at Ollie's discount stores. The trade paperbacks of today are like the Marvels of the early-2000s when print runs were kept to a minimum.