• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 11:15 AM, BrooksR said:

Yeah it’s been really quiet on the boards lately, have all the speculators washed out after the fall in prices?

"I'm gonna wash that comic book right outa my hair."

On 4/25/2023 at 11:15 AM, BrooksR said:

Yeah it’s been really quiet on the boards lately, have all the speculators washed out after the fall in prices?

Yes but what is there really to talk about when you eliminate almost all speculation and the hot book of the week?  Very few people seem to be actually reading new books and we seem to have beating the whole "is pressing restoration argument" to death.  Golden Age section still seems to get a lot of comments but there is really not much else to bring up after over a decade.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:23 AM, 1Cool said:

Yes but what is there really to talk about when you eliminate almost all speculation and the hot book of the week?

There seems to be a hot book of the week this week - Star Wars High Republic Adventures Quest of the Jedi (there's a mouthful) #1 looks to be on a tear.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:02 AM, Brock said:

There seems to be a hot book of the week this week - Star Wars High Republic Adventures Quest of the Jedi (there's a mouthful) #1 looks to be on a tear.

Well there you go - something to talk about!  Looks like about 20 copies have sold over the last couple days which is good for this market but we will see if it has any lasting power.  I know next to nothing about modern books (let alone Star Wars books) so I don't have much to add other than good to see some books selling.

Edited by 1Cool

People still FOMOing over Spider-Man #7? Ramos cover specifically. 

No/One #1 selling for $14-20. Another book in the MassiveVerse, which includes Radiant Black. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, awakeintheashes said:

People still FOMOing over Spider-Man #7? Ramos cover specifically. 

No/One #1 selling for $14-20. Another book in the MassiveVerse, which includes Radiant Black. 

I picked up a couple locally and thats all they had. Found 1 at one shop and 2 at another.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:56 AM, fastballspecial said:

Its just not as sharing as it used to be. Too much competition not as much comarderie as we used to have. 
Many old time collectors that started this thread are gone now. Eventually as the market corrects it will even
out again. I am meeting more and more boardies now at shows and getting others to join.  They are always
amazed at the resources on this board..

I always enjoyed your detailed updates

On 4/28/2023 at 10:00 PM, PeterPark said:
On 4/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, fastballspecial said:

Its just not as sharing as it used to be. Too much competition not as much comarderie as we used to have. 
Many old time collectors that started this thread are gone now. Eventually as the market corrects it will even
out again. I am meeting more and more boardies now at shows and getting others to join.  They are always
amazed at the resources on this board..

I always enjoyed your detailed updates

All do another in June after my show. I got to travel today to some shops, but only in one city so I like to have a broader viewpoint
before posting anything.

On 4/30/2023 at 7:07 PM, fastballspecial said:

All do another in June after my show. I got to travel today to some shops, but only in one city so I like to have a broader viewpoint
before posting anything.

When's your show, in June? I have a con June 9th and wanted to ask. You yourself were saying sometimes or nowadays people seem close to the vest, and it didn't seem like the time to question. 😂

Either way I look forward to it! Usually what I'm buying doesn't correlate to others as much, but I still find it all interesting since it is connected to the hobby. :)

On 4/30/2023 at 7:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When's your show, in June? I have a con June 9th and wanted to ask. You yourself were saying sometimes or nowadays people seem close to the vest, and it didn't seem like the time to question. 😂

Either way I look forward to it! Usually what I'm buying doesn't correlate to others as much, but I still find it all interesting since it is connected to the hobby. :)

June 17th. I get a much better sense of the hobby because we are a Comic Book Show not a con. 
That and my area is cheap so if its selling here it will sell anywhere lol.

Here is the facebook link below. 

Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

Edited by fastballspecial