• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2023 at 11:56 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It doesn't hurt that Dan Slott teased it on Twitter, basically indicating that he's the real deal. Next one to watch will be his first solo story in the Edge of Spider-verse mini (issue 3). Since pre-orders are still open for that, I expect that will be this generation's Turok #1.

The 2nd print of #7 has a better chance at that.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, ygogolak said:

The 2nd print of #7 has a better chance at that.

Definitely. It looks like FOC for that is next weekend. Marvel is going to jack up orders as high as they can, which is smart business.

On 4/9/2023 at 3:55 PM, iggy said:

I wonder what the story is on Uncle Scrooge #347... gotta be shenanigans right? hm

Not really. Not being published/reprinted again. Saw one dealer with 10 copies. They are out there
just nobody pays attention to them till now. Not something I would chase, but the hobby has all types
of collectors.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:48 AM, fastballspecial said:

Its the fringe parts of our hobby that are struggling. Slabs(Oversaturation) and Variant cover markets are down. Solid keys are still chugging along. Speculation web sites/apps you can see are struggling to justify their existence currently. I would imagine their subscriber lists will drop off soon if this continues. 

Agreed. This is what I was referencing as the item in question is a variant. As for the "solid keys", I also concur. I know the rare variants I own will sell once the market corrects itself, but the old mainstays (ie. ASM #129, IH #181. GSX #1 etc.) are my retirement fund.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:10 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

But I don't want to be trying to unload books when I'm 80 years old, and I'm sure that whoever is left with that problem if I don't make it to 80 probably won't know how to profit from it.

You'll make it. Just get yourself CGC'ed. We can crack you open in a few decades. :)

On 4/11/2023 at 10:00 PM, Pitboss said:

PAPER GIRLS #1, CGC 9.8 NM/MT - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

2015, 1st appearance issue

Current Bid: $401
Number Of Bids: 32 history.gif

RAD55C4A20221129_12416.jpg

Is that a common price for this book ? I still have some but I thought it died down after the show was over. Appears I was incorrect. 😝 

On 4/11/2023 at 11:00 PM, Pitboss said:

PAPER GIRLS #1, CGC 9.8 NM/MT - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

2015, 1st appearance issue

Current Bid: $401
Number Of Bids: 32 history.gif

RAD55C4A20221129_12416.jpg

"It's like a $50 book on eBay, this seems odd... "

Indeed; $50 signature free on a good day.

There’s no way. That is illogical. 
This book is dead, along with Y the Last Man. 

The person that bought that should have invested the $10 for the month to get GPAnalysis, then they would have realized they paid $350 too much. 

Last CGC 9.8 sales: $50 $60 $60 $33 (lol) $47 $41 $42 $42 $57 $47 $26 (omfg) $31… painful. 

On 4/14/2023 at 12:41 PM, D2 said:

There’s no way. That is illogical. 
This book is dead, along with Y the Last Man. 

The person that bought that should have invested the $10 for the month to get GPAnalysis, then they would have realized they paid $350 too much. 

Last CGC 9.8 sales: $50 $60 $60 $33 (lol) $47 $41 $42 $42 $57 $47 $26 (omfg) $31… painful. 

Or just looked at eBay for the much cheaper BINs.