• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2023 at 12:27 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why are you talking to me like I personally wouldn’t have made it evident that it’s an unslabbed REPLICA variant?

(shrug)

Sucks to have to cater to dimwits that buy a slabbed book that doesn’t exist....but here we are.

I’m directly responding to your posts. Did I say you wouldn’t have been honest and stated it wasn’t actually graded in the listing? I did not. I was stating why I would’ve added it to the listing to avoid any potential issues. 

On 2/22/2023 at 8:50 PM, pmpknface said:
On 2/22/2023 at 8:14 PM, Hekla said:

I assume you mean Ice Cream Man? It was optioned for TV show a couple of years ago, but I haven't heard anything lately. Comic seems fairly popular and has some cool cover homages.

Yea, that's what I meant - thanks! I did hear a few good things about it but didn't know about any option. Thanks for the info. 

I actually own the Ice Cream Man 24 and HaHa 6 connecting covers, and yet, it's the only moderns that I have with similarity for that kind of optioned stuff. I'm not sure the need to sell, but have only heard the going prices over the years. I mention because I got them in a Holiday raffle from a good friend. So Sentimental! There are just so many variants to those books, it is hard to believe they can retain the value, no matter how good? I guess that is why I'm contemplating selling eventually lol 

Looking now, HaHa #6 is the pricier. It used to be the Ice Cream man, I assumed I'd sell both at the same time since they are connecting covers, but idk. I guess I'm asking if there is hope? Or if this has turned to hording? lol keep for keepsake? lol I don't need to think that I have it all together, and must work at something to sharpen skills. I know the stories are good, I'm just not sure about "variants?"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, troy.division said:

It's already been red hot...but...I guess this is the beginning of the next stage?
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/something-is-killing-the-children-adapt-coming-from-netflix-1899-duo/

My girlfriend has been collecting this series since it first came out and has the entire series.  There are a few pricey issues in that run outside of #1.  Now the question is when to sell?

On 2/23/2023 at 9:36 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I actually own the Ice Cream Man 24 and HaHa 6 connecting covers, and yet, it's the only moderns that I have with similarity for that kind of optioned stuff. I'm not sure the need to sell, but have only heard the going prices over the years. I mention because I got them in a Holiday raffle from a good friend. So Sentimental! There are just so many variants to those books, it is hard to believe they can retain the value, no matter how good? I guess that is why I'm contemplating selling eventually lol 

Looking now, HaHa #6 is the pricier. It used to be the Ice Cream man, I assumed I'd sell both at the same time since they are connecting covers, but idk. I guess I'm asking if there is hope? Or if this has turned to hording? lol keep for keepsake? lol I don't need to think that I have it all together, and must work at something to sharpen skills. I know the stories are good, I'm just not sure about "variants?"

What is this Haha/Ice Cream Man connecting variant ya'll are talking about?  I have the whole Haha series with some of the cover B's and am not seeing anything that falls into that category.  I also have a few of the Ice Cream Man #24 covers.  Were these connecting variants store exclusives?

On 2/23/2023 at 8:21 PM, gradejunky said:

What is this Haha/Ice Cream Man connecting variant ya'll are talking about?  I have the whole Haha series with some of the cover B's and am not seeing anything that falls into that category.  I also have a few of the Ice Cream Man #24 covers.  Were these connecting variants store exclusives?

Screenshot_20230223_203510_Samsung Internet.jpg

To be honest, I think they were store exclusives, a bit like the toy market to get in the swing of merch for cheaper. Garners interest but shouldn't be neglected in the plans of counting costs. There may be many but the ones you like someone else might to, a bit of a demographic type designation.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:25 AM, troy.division said:

It's already been red hot...but...I guess this is the beginning of the next stage?
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/something-is-killing-the-children-adapt-coming-from-netflix-1899-duo/

It was a smart pick up by Netflix as there is already a built in spin-off. They are desperate for new franchise properties and this could be one if done right. Someone needs to pick up Department of Truth next.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:38 PM, kimik said:

It was a smart pick up by Netflix as there is already a built in spin-off. They are desperate for new franchise properties and this could be one if done right. Someone needs to pick up Department of Truth next.

I prefer Once and Future and Department of Truth instead. 

On 3/1/2023 at 2:10 PM, gradejunky said:

SKULL & BONES #1 Dark Horse new this week.  None of the major stores have in stock that I can see and ebay has only a few copies:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Skull+and+Bones++Savage+Storm+1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338314175&toolid=10050&customid=1000&rt=nc

Actual sales are at about cover price though

On 3/1/2023 at 3:16 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Actual sales are at about cover price though

Only took a few days after release.  I'm sure not many ordered big on a video game comic wherein the game hasn't even been released yet.  That said, I'm sure that the people who don't have distributor accounts that are waiting on pre-orders from regular pre-order spots will bring some more to the table in the next couple of weeks, and start a race to the bottom price-wise.  We will see.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Skull+and+Bones++Savage+Storm+1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338314175&toolid=10050&customid=1000&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

On 3/1/2023 at 4:21 PM, kimik said:

I was not sure how to play Skull & Bones 1 so it was a small order. It is based on a new video game so if that takes off it may have some legs.

I ordered 4 myself from Dark Dominion but have yet to receive them.  I had 3 more ordered from DCBS, but they were cancelled as the book supposedly was cancelled by DH and resolicited.  I did not re-order the 3 from DCBS when they resolicited them.:(

On 3/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, gradejunky said:

I ordered 4 myself from Dark Dominion but have yet to receive them.  I had 3 more ordered from DCBS, but they were cancelled as the book supposedly was cancelled by DH and resolicited.  I did not re-order the 3 from DCBS when they resolicited them.:(

I ordered 3 from DCBS as well, and they're on the list of items in my next shipment. I hate they don't have a system where they can carry your order over to the re-solicit.