• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

damn the secrets out on New X-men 128. I was hoping the rookies would still be talking about WD. Well there's still other books left, that's not Image ;) Research is key. Wha character in the top 50 has an introduction issue with a low print run?

My fault. I just got tired of reading about WD. I would say that the high print run would affect the value, but after NM 98 we know that wont matter. I wont do it again I swear lol.

Yes, but...doesn't the relatively high print run of New X-Men 128 at 106k only serve to further underscore the relatively LOW print runs of Walking Dead...especially in light of the increasing popularity of the TV series...?!?

BWAHAHAHAHA! It all comes back around. :acclaim:

Yes, but certain print runs are tough. Those Morrison New X-Men books in general are tough because the cover stock they used during the period plus the black border front cover spine shows off defects quickly.

Yes, but certain print runs are tough. Those Morrison New X-Men books in general are tough because the cover stock they used during the period plus the black border front cover spine shows off defects quickly.

Too true re: black border and dings.

Also, since the cover stock was cheap don't forget about the lower left corner...just trying to save you guys submitting multiple books repeatedly.

Too true re: black border and dings.

Also, since the cover stock was cheap don't forget about the lower left corner...just trying to save you guys submitting multiple books repeatedly.

And the rippling pattern on the back spine some of the issue numbers tend to have,

I understand that Image Comics titles America’s Got Powers #1, Danger Club #1, Secret #1, Hell Yeah #2, Bloodstrike #26, Supreme #63, Darkness #101, Saga #2, Thief Of Thieves #3 and Manhattan Projects #2 have all sold out before publication, and will see second prints running through April and May.

They join other recently announced sell outs and second and third prints for the likes of Invincible #89, Fatale #3, Peter Panzerfaust #2, Prophet #23, Glory #24, Thief Of Thieves #2, Hell Yeah #1, Rebel Blood #1, The Manhattan Projects #1 and Saga #1 – the latter two have gone to third print, with Saga #1 second print being significantly allocated as a result if increasing demand

any word on the hottness of Skullkickers #1?

lol

I'm not sure which is more entertaining. Watching the large influx of people determined to watch their money go up in smoke or watching you be ignored while you warn them.

I'm still in shock that Thief of Thieves 1 CGC 9.8 sold for $80 ... I can't believe I didn't send my small stack to CGC ... I was convinced that I wouldn't even get my money back w/ two variants and an awful first issue. Did you check out the Image exec trying to blame retailers and consumers for the sell outs and trying to convince people that the sell outs were bad for the publisher? I don't know what shocked me more that press release or the Thief of Thieves sale.

Unfortunately, unslabbed it is selling for such a small premium over cover price it isn't worth listing on ebay right now. I won't bother (because I offer free shipping) on anything that isn't consistently $10 or more.

True Blood is pretty diappointing, but I guess it was a pretty big print run and pretty anticipated. Some of the #1s are selling on ebay like dollar box books. I would have figured the huge fan base for the show would have resulted in people picking them up for the heck of it (although the comic was kindah mediocre...dunno if it got better in "Tainted Love" or "French Quarter"). Maybe when the series resumes on TV interest will resume.

The Annapolis Comic Con variant of Adventure Time #1. This is the virgin cover which had around 200 printed and only give out to people who bought VIP packages. I"m looking for one of these, but damn it's starting to get expensive lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190658786833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

True Blood is pretty diappointing, but I guess it was a pretty big print run and pretty anticipated. Some of the #1s are selling on ebay like dollar box books. I would have figured the huge fan base for the show would have resulted in people picking them up for the heck of it (although the comic was kindah mediocre...dunno if it got better in "Tainted Love" or "French Quarter"). Maybe when the series resumes on TV interest will resume.

there is a ongoing series starting in May i believe, hope its better than all the mini series

The Annapolis Comic Con variant of Adventure Time #1. This is the virgin cover which had around 200 printed and only give out to people who bought VIP packages. I"m looking for one of these, but damn it's starting to get expensive lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190658786833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

hm

hm

last one sold for $150 and the one before that was $256 but it was for charity and also a month or so before the convention began.

hm

last one sold for $150 and the one before that was $256 but it was for charity and also a month or so before the convention began.

I believe I have one coming in.

damn the secrets out on New X-men 128. I was hoping the rookies would still be talking about WD. Well there's still other books left, that's not Image ;) Research is key. Wha character in the top 50 has an introduction issue with a low print run?

My fault. I just got tired of reading about WD. I would say that the high print run would affect the value, but after NM 98 we know that wont matter. I wont do it again I swear lol.

Yes, but...doesn't the relatively high print run of New X-Men 128 at 106k only serve to further underscore the relatively LOW print runs of Walking Dead...especially in light of the increasing popularity of the TV series...?!?

BWAHAHAHAHA! It all comes back around. :acclaim:

I personally hate grading this book because of the stock. Its one of the reasons I would rather under grade this one then any other book. (X-men 201 comes to mind with better stock.) Been going back and forth on one copy I have whether its NM+ or not and basically Id just prefer to undergrade. Its not one book I would want to sell raw 9.6 or 9.8 without alot of experience. NM is a nice safe grade on a good copy of this book going 9.6 and 9.8 I leave to you guys its too much of a headache.

there is a ongoing series starting in May i believe, hope its better than all the mini series

I agree that the story was pretty boring.

I think I am going to sell my whole True Blood collection, and I am just hoping that I can get back 1/4 to 1/2 of what I spent. I went a little nuts on that series and I don't see it paying off. I did collect and buy them because I love the TV show, but I fell in the trap of buying every variant out there. :tonofbricks:

It's being written by Ann Nocenti so I'm thinking it may surprise some people.

I bought the original series for my wife because she wanted it, but after reading a few issues, she thought it was . She was right.

Edited by 400yrs

I hope to have a couple SS'd after this weekend.

I agree that the story was pretty boring.

I think I am going to sell my whole True Blood collection, and I am just hoping that I can get back 1/4 to 1/2 of what I spent. I went a little nuts on that series and I don't see it paying off. I did collect and buy them because I love the TV show, but I fell in the trap of buying every variant out there. :tonofbricks:

I couldn't even give away free raw 9.9-10 copies in my last sales thread. lol

hm

The guy next to me at eccc when i was setting up had a stack if 20 or so of these.

I might question whether some fell off the back of a truck somewhere.

I'll check tomorrow and see what he is selling them for.

hm

The guy next to me at eccc when i was setting up had a stack if 20 or so of these.

I might question whether some fell off the back of a truck somewhere.

I'll check tomorrow and see what he is selling them for.

I'm sure the ones he had were the ones limited to 800 that were for sale at the show. The ones with a title on them.