• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official progress on my GL 1 restoration by Kenny thread

249 posts in this topic

Here are a few more sets of photos.

And to be fair to everyone looking, I tried to take the after photos in as raking a light possible to try and actually show the resto work at an angle. Because in the end, if you look closely at a restored book, ANY restored book will not be perfect. Especially with a cameras flash.

Many times with small scans, or dark photos..everything is made to look perfect when in reality it is not. I've been guilty it myself.

But, when held at arms length, everything should look rosy. And that is the key(to me) when judging a restored book. How does it look, and feel in hand.

My work is finally done on this book, and now it's in Matt's good hands for final CT, text overlays, round the corners a bit, insert staples etc...

Basically do what he does best, make a book sing.

And for those that may not be aware(shameless plug), I work with Matt Nelson, and Classics Inc.

78516bd6.jpg

ca8a84b2.jpg

25fb5734.jpg

7c363d50.jpg

34180807.jpg

7b6e66c3.jpg

70481765.jpg

a9eb45b2.jpg

48981f6a.jpg

145ee709.jpg

60ec3cdc.jpg

I have scans that I sent to Bill if anyone wants to see what the book really looks like, PM me. I would rather not post partially completed full scans here in case they got around the "internets". :blush:

Man, Ellen's getting way better with the CT. :luhv:

Has she got her girl scout cookie shipment in yet? :gossip::)

The damn troop sold record numbers to the damn Superbowl invaders so I wasn't offered any this year.

Shame on Kenny.

Man, Ellen's getting way better with the CT. :luhv:

Has she got her girl scout cookie shipment in yet? :gossip::)

The damn troop sold record numbers to the damn Superbowl invaders so I wasn't offered any this year.

Shame on Kenny.

This is not how one behaves, if one wants home made cookies sent to them next week.

:rulez:

Even after doing leafcasting for a while now, I'm still blown away by the results when Kenny emails me scans. This stuff is just light years beyond what resto used to be.

So how does it feel to be on the bleeding edge of the greatest comic restoration technique ever developed? :banana:

Well, to be honest there is no actual bleeding in our leaf casting process.

Although there is a little Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog involved.

7e01a64d.jpg

5eafac47.jpg

a848b2ce.jpg

8e5d35e2.jpg

7de1c38b.jpg

ab714885.jpg

And to think, these are just a few of the books we did recently that I can share. The really good stuff is in private collections. :(

I heard there is a cover charge for seeeeeeing, touchhhhhhing and feeeeeeeeling the books from this private collection. :grin:

must be some pompous jack azz too good to "share".

Well, you would know! :P

Thanks, and you're welcome of course.

I had a client contact me and say it was ok to post these.

Some minor esoteric book you may have heard of.

b5a29d55.jpg

d2b976d8.jpg

868fbbca.jpg

And the interior, which went from Brittle, to darn supple.

683921fe.jpg

Every wrap was washed, and fully leaf casted.

0e51f431.jpg