• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most undervalued Silver & Bronze comics at present?

141 posts in this topic

If it hasn't been listed, I think ASM 129 tends to sell for over guide, at least in the more affordable grades. (Unless guide is wayyyy up from my 2010 guide).

I think Strange Tales 110 is undervalued, but I dunno if the market agrees. I had to work hard to sell a VG/VG+ish copy for a nice discount off guide.

My personal favorite overlooked/undervalued book is Adventure 260 Origin and 1st Silver Age Aquaman that just does not get its deserved historical significance or price. (pre-dates Showcase 30 Aquaman try out series!)

Not to be picky but I got confused about Aquaman's 1st SA Appearance when I read this.....

Issue #260 (1959) of Adventure comics contained the 1st SA Aquaman Origin story.

Issue #229 (1955) contained the first SA stories of Superboy, Green Arrow and Aquaman.

Issue #103 (1945) contained the first Aquaman stories in this title.

Aquaman's 1st appearance and Origin was way back in More Fun Comics 73 in 1941... :foryou:

Batman 181

Tec 359

Green Lantern 7

Flash 139

etc.

Mainly silver age DC first appearance of major characters. Although there isn't as much demand for them now, I think it could pick up in the future. The graded supply is a lot lower then Marvel keys too. Just my opinion.

See above.

I have come to realize that all Warren mags and Eerie Publications mags,are extremely undervalued.For instance Creepy #1 guides in 9.2 for 230.00 if you can find one in 9.2 or better it should at least be a thousand dollar book.Creepy #32 in 9.2 I bought for 60.00 there are only 13 graded total only 2 in 9.2,shouldn't that book be at least around 200.00 or so? Yet guides for 95.00 in 9.2 good luck finding one.How about Vampirella#1 guides for 1100.00 in 9.2? C'mon!These are the real undervalued books.

Plain old '63 X-Men 1

Shaped the Marvel Universe like no other comic.

7 First appearances of major characters.

Iconic team of which the there's been 3 major motion pictures and a number of cartoons.

(thumbs u

I have come to realize that all Warren mags and Eerie Publications mags,are extremely undervalued.For instance Creepy #1 guides in 9.2 for 230.00 if you can find one in 9.2 or better it should at least be a thousand dollar book.Creepy #32 in 9.2 I bought for 60.00 there are only 13 graded total only 2 in 9.2,shouldn't that book be at least around 200.00 or so? Yet guides for 95.00 in 9.2 good luck finding one.How about Vampirella#1 guides for 1100.00 in 9.2? C'mon!These are the real undervalued books.

Its the magazine stigma...

Stigma? (shrug)

Stigma? (shrug)

They won't fit into a comic box. People hate that.

I'm totally on the Creepy magazine bandwagon - I looked through records of my old snipes from 2004, and I was buying them at $2 each on Ebay. I had amassed a nice collection, but sold them for a song in 2008 just to get rid of them (thinking there wasn't a market).

I've been reading/looking at Creepy since I was 8 years old - it's an amazing publication, and undervalued.

I agree on Detective 359 - still undervalued in the guide (thumbs u

I consistently get over guide for these

This is probably the best one mentioned so far.

Given the availability of info and books (due to internet), it would be tough to really pick an "undervalued" book from the SA or BA.

Definitely agree that, in general, DC's would be more undervalued than Marvel.

For Marvel, maybe you could make a case for ASM#31 (1st Gwen/Harry) or maybe ASM #37 (1st Norman Osborn)? But, it's hard to really say a Spidey book is undervalued.

Stigma? (shrug)

They won't fit into a comic box. People hate that.

I'm totally on the Creepy magazine bandwagon - I looked through records of my old snipes from 2004, and I was buying them at $2 each on Ebay. I had amassed a nice collection, but sold them for a song in 2008 just to get rid of them (thinking there wasn't a market).

I've been reading/looking at Creepy since I was 8 years old - it's an amazing publication, and undervalued.

Eerie 1 is the genuinely scarce (and possibly undervalued) Warren book.