• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Those old label pedigree DCs were books that I had my eye on over a decade ago. I wonder why Heritage didn't have them "maximized"?

Does anyone know the scoop on these books? I am surprised that Heritage didn't suggest pressing these. I am sure some of those old labels are "improvable".

I am really happy to see these books HAVE NOT been squished. Unfortunately after this auction, I fear many of these old pedigrees are going to the pressing factory...

hm

there is a 2nd 8.5 Action #1 that hit the census last week :o

Amazing what a few $1+ million sales of a book will do to its supply.

Or were they getting it done before the new CGC fees take effect?

my favorite quote of 2012... so far... dripping with sarcasm as ever...

The fee went from $1500 to $3000 but doubt it had anything to do with having

it graded.

Those old label pedigree DCs were books that I had my eye on over a decade ago. I wonder why Heritage didn't have them "maximized"?

Does anyone know the scoop on these books? I am surprised that Heritage didn't suggest pressing these. I am sure some of those old labels are "improvable".

I am really happy to see these books HAVE NOT been squished. Unfortunately after this auction, I fear many of these old pedigrees are going to the pressing factory...

.....not all books will benefit from pressing. It's not a magic fix-all that increases the grade on all books that are subjected to the process. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is there an article online yet about the auction ? They usually put out a biography of the collector / pedigree that is being featured. Anyone have any info on who Bill Wright was, what he did, collected, how he stored his collection, etc ? Always interesting to read the background details for the books.

Thanks.

my favorite quote of 2012... so far... dripping with sarcasm as ever...

lol

Maybe it's the Kansas City copy?

Myself and a few others felt it was better than the 8.5 "rusty staples" copy, so perhaps it was resubmitted and it got the upgrade. (shrug)

there was some speculation that the recent cgc 8.0 new to the census had a 50/50 shot at pressing to a 8.5 (it was slabbed unpressed), but it is unknown by me if that is what occured...

Yep; looks to be a top shelf pedigree

Top Shelf = Church & Frisco

Billy Wright would be the shelf below on some of the books and two shelves below on others.