• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

just got my check from brokerage house...I am ready to burn some cash for some books baby!

That kind of statement is useless without an identification of the specific books you're going after and exactly how much cash you're ready to burn for each. :taptaptap:

just got my check from brokerage house...I am ready to burn some cash for some books baby!

That kind of statement is useless without an identification of the specific books you're going after and exactly how much cash you're ready to burn for each. :taptaptap:

That's the way I like. Uhuh. That's the way...That the way I like it :)

I was so impressed with the material in this auction that I consigned 12 ashcans from my collection. None of these have ever been offered before and most are unique.

I have never been able to figure out the best sales strategy for selling your books.

Is it best to sell it in an auction like this which will have many high profile books resulting in many more eyeballs which could push the price up on the books which you are consigning? On the other hand, your books would be up against some pretty stiff competition with a limited number of dollars out there which could push down the prices on your books. Is it better to put your books up in a auction with fewer high profile books so that your books could stand out more and hopefully fetch more dollars in the end? (shrug)

What's the opinion of the board memmbers here who have consign high profile books to these kind of auctions? hm

It may be counterintuitive, but my experience is to list your books in the highest profile auction possible, and to list a run of books, as opposed to an isolated book here or there.

When the right books are available, there really doesn't seem to be any limit on the dollars available.

This has been my experience over the years. Auctions with only one or two major lots (CC - Action 1 for instance) get a lot of interest but most are gawkers not buyers. The Billy Wright books are incredible and they will attract buyers. I believe my books will benefit from this. I hope collectors are enthralled with seeing so many ashcans in one place for the first time.

That's the way I like. Uhuh. That's the way...That the way I like it :)

More like Michael Madsen doing the soft shoe shuffle in Reservoir Dogs

I believe my books will benefit from this. I hope collectors are enthralled with seeing so many ashcans in one place for the first time.

Great offerings for sure!

A question: Are the Boy Commandos and Commandos ashcans the only precursers to the actual Boy Commandos comic series?

I believe my books will benefit from this. I hope collectors are enthralled with seeing so many ashcans in one place for the first time.

Great offerings for sure!

A question: Are the Boy Commandos and Commandos ashcans the only precursers to the actual Boy Commandos comic series?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by precursor, sf, but since both ashcans contain early Boy Commandos stories from Detective, clearly the feature was created before the ashcans.

When they decided to give the feature its own title, the ashcans were created.

I was so impressed with the material in this auction that I consigned 12 ashcans from my collection. None of these have ever been offered before and most are unique.

I sure hope these books will end up with someone who will be as proactive about promoting their history as moondog has been. With something this unique, there's a danger that the genre slowly will be forgotten if the buyers just store the books away for a generation or two. Thankfully, there are a lot of collectors who put time and effort into generating enthusiasm for titles that would otherwise fade away. But I'd have a hard time pointing to one single person who has done more for a niche area than moondog has for the ashcans.

cap3bwp.jpg

Any wild guesses as to what this copy will sell for, given it's rather nice condition?

Is this the highest graded copy for Cap #3 at 9.2 or are there other higher graded copies out there?

Love the Red Skull cover and the fact that this issue has Stan lee's first comic book work. (thumbs u

cap3bwp.jpg

smiley-love008.gif

Any wild guesses as to what this copy will sell for, given it's rather nice condition?

hm Uhhh, ...ummm, ...probably not much, just look at those grimy dust shadows, ...and, ...and are those staples rusted or is it just the scan??? (shrug)

Is this the highest graded copy for Cap #3 at 9.2 or are there other higher graded copies out there?

:facepalm:

There's a 9.4 and another 9.2 in the census.

(thumbs u :devil::headbang: