• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Its in the "Coming Soon" section of the auction.

Really beautiful deep red colors. 7.5 ow/white.

Great book, but the scans on all the Wright books are ridiculously amped. They won't look like that in hand. Just look at the color of the CGC label...last time I checked they weren't supposed to be neon. meh

TOP books in Feb Auction so far.

1-Batman #1 8.5 WHITE pages. Talk about the next million dollar book you can buy for say 1/3 the price. Last year I said Cap 1 was the book to get and it turned out to be the best comic book buy of the year.

This is by far, the best book offered so far this year. The origin of Batman in white pages........

2- Cap 3 9.2....another great book with great upside, I know everybody wants it, only one will get it, whoever does will not regret it.

3- Action 15 7.0 3d best copy, 5th superman cover...very underpriced, great upside.

Great book, but the scans on all the Wright books are ridiculously amped. They won't look like that in hand. Just look at the color of the CGC label...last time I checked they weren't supposed to be neon. meh

Agree... meh:taptaptap:

Agree... meh:taptaptap:

+1

What do you think of this Tec 27 2.0 with off-white pages? Does the top left corner look brittle? I still love it!

tec27.jpg

I'm not a big fan of that one Steve.

Say btw, I saw a ff slab in the marketplace (#120?) that had "Air-walker" on the cover. Does that book have anything to do with your username?

What do you think of this Tec 27 2.0 with off-white pages? Does the top left corner look brittle? I still love it!

tec27.jpg

I'm not a big fan of that one Steve.

Say btw, I saw a ff slab in the marketplace (#120?) that had "Air-walker" on the cover. Does that book have anything to do with your username?

Not a fan of the chips on the corner....surprised it came back as o/w pages. Always a fan of complete Tec 27 but not on my radar 1) brittle looking corner 2) don't want to sleep in my car.

No on the username.

The HA Tec27 cgc2.0 could use a clean mod-job. The paper-loss is not too bad. But alas I suspect that q mod-job would take away 100K from the pricetag? I am right?

HA text for your enjoyment:

Detective Comics #27 (DC, 1939) CGC GD 2.0 Off-white pages. Awe-inspiring in any grade, and CGC has certified just 24 "Universal" label copies to date. The issue was published a year after Action #1, but the two issues are neck and neck for the title of "Most Revered Comic Issue Ever" - and the value just keeps climbing every year. Just check our archives! For those of you who just landed, it's the first appearance of Batman and of Commissioner Gordon, and the beginning of a historical run that's continued to this day in comics, TV, movies, and other media. Co-creator Bob Kane did the cover and contributed story art, as did Joe Shuster and Fred Guardineer. CGC notes, "2 pieces of tape on interior spine of cover." Overstreet 2011 GD 2.0 value = $80,000. CGC census 1/12: 1 in 2.0, 21 higher.

tec27.jpg

Books like this one skew the values. Whatever this sells for, it will be considerably lower than it would be if the book appeared as nice as the average 2.0 does. So, for a year or so after the sale of this book, the price achieved for this book may be an albatross for anyone hoping to sell a copy with greater appeal but a low label number.

Books like this one skew the values. Whatever this sells for, it will be considerably lower than it would be if the book appeared as nice as the average 2.0 does. So, for a year or so after the sale of this book, the price achieved for this book may be an albatross for anyone hoping to sell a copy with greater appeal but a low label number.

The peril of CGC overgrading for the market. How can that book have "off-white" pages with an upper corner like that?

The peril of CGC overgrading for the market. How can that book have "off-white" pages with an upper corner like that?

Maybe all the brittleness broke off.

because ow doesn't necessarily reflect "color" but overall condition of the pages...since it appears to be bug or rodent chewed in that area, the pages must be supple and "nice" other than a soiled color (shrug)

I can't imagine they have any brittleness at all if "ow" was the pq designation (unless cgc screwed up, but on a higher profile book like this, I find that less likely to have occured)