• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Yep; looks to be a top shelf pedigree

Top Shelf = Church & Frisco

Billy Wright would be the shelf below on some of the books and two shelves below on others.

Though it is remarkable to see such a diversity of incredible books like this, so the visceral impact isnt based on grade alone.

It's a blast looking through the "Coming Attractions" for this auction. Between the Billy Wright stuff and the Curator stuff, I can't remember another auction with such an incredible array of stellar books.

With so much great golden age in this auction, I wonder what, if any, effect it will have on the prices realized. Could it be too much at the same time?

It's a blast looking through the "Coming Attractions" for this auction. Between the Billy Wright stuff and the Curator stuff, I can't remember another auction with such an incredible array of stellar books.

With so much great golden age in this auction, I wonder what, if any, effect it will have on the prices realized. Could it be too much at the same time?

Especially after last year's overkill...

Yep; looks to be a top shelf pedigree

Top Shelf = Church & Frisco

Billy Wright would be the shelf below on some of the books and two shelves below on others.

Though it is remarkable to see such a diversity of incredible books like this, so the visceral impact isnt based on grade alone.

The total impact of the Billy Wright books is impressive and it makes this sale one of the most significant GA Auctions in the last decade. (thumbs u

Do you really view the market as that thin in buyers with the money and inclination to purchase books of this quality?

Do you really view the market as that thin in buyers with the money and inclination to purchase books of this quality?

Perhaps some will sell to buy? Certainly the incentive is there given the wonders on show. I guess I'm more concerned about what happens in the medium to long term, as prices in blue ribband items continues to rise, and as there seems no end in sight to the uncovering of wonderful collections.

In the last few years of his life Picasso produced dozens of pictures every day, equivalent to millions of dollars per painting.. The nominal value of his estate when he died was so great that it would have depressed the art market if attempts had been made to sell off significant chunks of his ouevre, worth more than some medium sized countries.

So could it be too much at one time? Maybe not, but maybe, sooner or later.. darn, I'm starting to sound like Mitch - or should that be the anti-Mitch? (No disrespect intended!)