• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

It's a 2.0 so that could be any sort of stain and not be indicative of the page quality at all.

(Also, it's been a while. What did I miss?)

it does look like some darkenng of the red of the cover in that area too...so could be staining, as speculated...anyone call for notes (shrug)

(Also, it's been a while. What did I miss?)

Curator FF's have surfaced and are in this auction. And you're a DD #1 fan I think? Curator DD #1 also.

I saw those. Those should be bat@#$% insane. I'm actually looking hard at a couple of them, so I'm hoping the ones I'm interested in fly under the radar (not likely)

I saw the DD#1, too. The last time that went up for sale it was right after the 9.8 entered the census (And Brulato's collection) and 3 9.6 copies went for sale within a few weeks. It will be interesting to see where it lands. I'd love to see it land with me, of course :cloud9:

87 days since my last post.

Books like this one skew the values. Whatever this sells for, it will be considerably lower than it would be if the book appeared as nice as the average 2.0 does. So, for a year or so after the sale of this book, the price achieved for this book may be an albatross for anyone hoping to sell a copy with greater appeal but a low label number.

The peril of CGC overgrading for the market. How can that book have "off-white" pages with an upper corner like that?

Something is only "over" or "under" graded if it's not consistent with other books that have similar numbers. It wouldn't matter to me that this is called a 2.0 if I thought the average person would say it's equivalent to other books with similar numbers. But I could easily put dozens of books with similar labels in front of the average person, and show them everything -- including the notes -- but hide the numbers, and people would come up with vastly different ideas about which are the better issues to have

What do you think of this Tec 27 2.0 with off-white pages? Does the top left corner look brittle? I still love it!

tec27.jpg

Nice book would still love to own it but to me this is an example of where over the years I have questioned CGC's credibility. Sure its impossible to judge from a scan but this is yet another example of a big dollar GA key getting special treatment. Any other book with that kind of PQ [from what is showing] would never be a straight "off-white". :whatev:

What do you think of this Tec 27 2.0 with off-white pages? Does the top left corner look brittle? I still love it!

tec27.jpg

Nice book would still love to own it but to me this is an example of where over the years I have questioned CGC's credibility. Sure its impossible to judge from a scan but this is yet another example of a big dollar GA key getting special treatment. Any other book with that kind of PQ [from what is showing] would never be a straight "off-white". :whatev:

What will this gem go for?

2.0 blue = insane cash ?

1685 items and going up every day...wow

I know - my jaw hit the floor a week ago and it's still there.

I suspect that other shoes will drop before this Heritage auction fills up; ...it's beginning to look like Imelda Marcos's closet! emoticon-object-008.gif (Imagine walking gavels; all in all, another brick in the wall)

1685 items and going up every day...wow

I know - my jaw hit the floor a week ago and it's still there.

I suspect that other shoes will drop before this Heritage auction fills up; ...it's beginning to look like Imelda Marcos's closet! emoticon-object-008.gif (Imagine walking gavels; all in all, another brick in the wall)

Got that right. (thumbs u

My watch list has doubled. :banana:

Not that I am going win anything. :sorry:

My watch list has doubled. :banana:

Not that I am going win anything. :sorry:

Does that make you see Red?

I wear rose colored glasses. Everything is red. :cloud9: