• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Silver Surfer, you recall my prediction early in the year about the tt storm of comics coming in 2012.....The wall of gold is going to be epic in size.....But folks, once this material is gone its gone. Just do not think this is going to be the state of things 5 years from now, nothing lasts forever.

Mitch with all due respect that's hardly putting yourself out on a limb with that "prediction". Obviously there are tons of great collections out there, some many of us had no clue of and with the tough economic times and fantastic prices for some of these major keys I expect more collections to come to market in 2012 and 2013. Actually if you look back this has been happening for the last 18 months now.

Just to add I think its clear now that there are no shortage of high grade SA books. They still have a strong following for obvious reasons but I think you will see the next great surge is interest/value will be hard to find books from the 50's. In the last few years alone pre-hero Marvel material has grown exponentially as everyone while for years it was ignored. We are at the right time to see tons of OA collections from this era come to market as those collectors are well into retirement.

The fourm tried to take my head off and I remember one comment that there was not going anymore great stuff, I think as far as original 50's and 60's collections go, there will be many surprises out there, I still think AF is a good buy, but somewhere out there lies a 9.8 that we do not know about( it is talked that one exists in a collection currently

But as far as original owner action #1 out there, that is coming to an end this year.

The fourm tried to take my head off and I remember one comment that there was not going anymore great stuff, I think as far as original 50's and 60's collections go, there will be many surprises out there, I still think AF is a good buy, but somewhere out there lies a 9.8 that we do not know about( it is talked that one exists in a collection currently

But as far as original owner action #1 out there, that is coming to an end this year.

Mitch,

There are over 1 million people over 85 in the US. Are you saying of these 1 million people it is not possible one of those has an OO collection? I know I would take that bet.

If you think you are gonna see major original owner collections with 45 of the top 100 overstreet books, it is not gonna happen my friend, do not not to take auction this for granted batman fan

If I have learned anything over the past 40 years of collecting, its that the availability of "rare" books is almost infinite. 30 years ago, it was real hard to find stuff, 10 years ago, much easier, now, no problem. As long as you have the money, it can be found with little effort (I know there are a few exceptions, but in general terms). A small portion of the Billy Books will get locked away, but a lot will be resurfacing over the next few years. Big question is will you have to pay more or less. hm

If you think you are gonna see major original owner collections with 45 of the top 100 overstreet books, it is not gonna happen my friend, do not not to take auction this for granted batman fan

Yeah, it had been at least 3 months since the last one that you rambled on about.