• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,877 posts in this topic

This is the italian (not easy to find in nice shape, it seems):

!CE3C8!gEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQE1N!QGQkVBNTSnowI,g~~_12.JPG

wow that is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Do I smell a new cool set to start working on????

Wonder if there is a mexican version

Yes, there is a Novaro version of this. :gossip:

Hey Everyone

I do not have this book but a dealer in Canada has it for sale if you want it let me know Ill pass his info on to you. He is asking $44 shipped. It is pretty good condition for being a Brazilian EBAL edition.

Brazil version of Swamp Thing #10 = $39.00 plus $5.00 shipping = $44.00

unnamed29_zps543a5052.jpg

can someone please tell me what this is? I can not find anything on it.

9zw0tz.jpg

First thing I can tell you is most of the older Filipino output is pretty rare here in the states.

As far as I know there isn't a guide or reference that can be looked at for value info. The best thing to do is ask some Filipino collectors thier opinion. Right off the bat my assumption is this is local indigenous material and probably has its most value in the Philippines itself. The Filipino material that has the most value here in the states is the repurposed American keys which were produced over there in bookstores versions or older southeast Asia editions.

Other early Filipino "Komiks" issues that might be of real value here in the states could be early Filipino material created by DeZuniga or any of the other popular Filipino artists that blew up here? But that's only speaking to the value of this book here. The book could be of crazy value to Filipino collectors? You will have to research it and ask the Filipinos here on the forum.

Also remember that much of the older comic material that stayed in the Philippines is in horrible condition! The Philippines is not a nice place for paper to survive, much less stay in good condition. So what we see is situations where comics that escaped the islands and made there way to better environs seemed to survive in better conditions. What am I getting at here? The fact that the book you have in your possession might be the best conditioned version of that particular issue in existence? That book might be of real value to hardcore Komiks collectors over there!

Ask Gerry? He is a real nice guy.... hit him up and see what he says?

http://gerry.alanguilan.com/

What’s up Matt? :D

Never thought about DeZuniga (did not know he was from there), do you know what he did? Also Ernie Chan, was him from the Philippines?

Im not sure what titles tagalog or otherwise DeZuniga worked on? (shrug) But im sure some of those issues and any OA that comes from it would be of some real interest to anyone who is a fan of Tony's work!! 2c

Ernie Chan is of Filipino heritage and was born there but im not sure if he did anything within the Komiks world?

Besides that not much else is up..... I have had to bring my purchasing way down lately... But im soon to post some scans of some books I received from Tony for my B-day that are quite freakin cool!

Working on issue #4 of Foreign Comic Collector.... excited about that! :headbang:

Building runs of foreign books can be a pain for sure. It takes a type of patience that 99.9% of collectors do not now or ever will possess. If you think finding the German Gen 13 series is tough you should try building a run of Bronze Age Mexican books. lol (thumbs u