• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,885 posts in this topic

Got this this week. Not the best shape but OK for the set. Matt, I really dig your Supergirl #1 Mexican, give me idea for a new set.

spider-woman1espagne.jpg

That is awesome! !!!!!

HADO is gonna be jealous lol:)

Yea Eerie... a supergirl #1 set would be pretty cool for sure! I have 3 so its more of a curiosity then a set right now in my collection....

I do think your right Tony, Hado is gonna be jealous! (worship)

I dont have these

Apparently these Norway keys are as rare or more than Mexican keys.

The difference I am personally experiencing is these Norway guys have money and dont care to sell as opposed to South America/Mexico. I feel like Im that Italian mafia guy in Lillyhammer trying to snow over these cool collectors and get their books over here into the states :lol: :lol: :lol:

unnamed23_zps1d1b617b.jpg

I would basically give away any book in my collection for this book :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

unnamed24_zpsfe3ede20.jpg

I dont have these

The difference I am personally experiencing is these Norway guys have money and dont care to sell as opposed to South America/Mexico. I feel like Im that Italian mafia guy in Lillyhammer trying to snow over these cool collectors and get their books over here into the states :lol: :lol: :lol:

Williams books look similar (in graphic design) in each and every country they have been published – maybe it’s an early example of a cross-country publishing venture?

I have seen danish, german and italian ones are very similar.

I dont have these

Williams books look similar (in graphic design) in each and every country they have been published – maybe it’s an early example of a cross-country publishing venture?

I have seen danish, german and italian ones are very similar.

I think it was one main publisher that printed Sweden, Finland, and Norway as the formats were very similar. My Superman 233s from there are exact in format other than the language

I still get confused on a few of my Batman 423s so i marked the back mylars. The Denmark, Norway, and Sweden editions are very difficult to identify

I call these the cold foreigns.

But I think Williams' main headquarters (so to speak) were German. It’s often called "Williams Intereuropa" or something like that.

The German and Italian editions of the Batman and DC books are very similar to the nordic ones.

But I think Williams' main headquarters (so to speak) were German. It’s often called "Williams Intereuropa" or something like that.

The German and Italian editions of the Batman and DC books are very similar to the nordic ones.

Yeah i know the Williams you are talking about. I like the Italian Batman 232 they published a nice edtion

I wish all the Nordics were as easy as Italians and Germans

Today, I finally received the last one missing for the She-Hulk #1 set. Masa #23. I say the last one that I'm aware of. I'm suspecting that a greek copy may exist and also a UK pence variant, but never saw one. If anyone know more, let me know

IMG_3225.jpg

You are a beast!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!

A big thank you to Valiant for sending these over to me from Italy! Very happy to add them to the collection!

First up, a double pack of Dr. Strange #0 and a reprint of L'Uomo Ragno #1:

drstrange0.jpg

luomoragno1.jpg

I would love to find an original of the Spider-Man book. It's Dr. Strange's first appearance in Italy (reprinting Dr. Strange #169) and the most valuable Italian comic book in existence (if it contains the original poster). Still nice to have any copy of it, especially one in such a cool package!

Next up is some Defenders reprints, the first of which already appeared here in this thread:

difensori28.jpg

hulkdifensori5.jpg

hulkdifensori6.jpg

Once again, grateful to get these! They will be loved and well taken care of! :D