• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the thread, just wanted to say that that was extremely nice of you, Mike.
Thanks Conan but, it didn't come out of my personal account. As soon as I got the insurance check from the fire, I opened an account with $5100 labelled for the CGC. Some was sent to some very appreciative boardies, who needed it like I did when our house burned. There is $2100 left. I am sad that I made a wrong choice with some of the money.

That's why I never ask anyone for money. Yeah, I struggle, but I still collect and have stuff that people who *truly* struggle don't have. I still have my saltwater aquarium, my piano, my comics, my big screen TVs, etc.

Peace,

Chip

Benefit of the doubt, when things are real bad sometimes a comic or two (or ten) can make you feel a whole lot better. Net-net was $200 in books. I'm betting he will be contrite and maybe even return the $200 not spent on rent. Regardless, it was a really really nice gesture on your part Comicdonna (Mike) but like they say sometimes, no good deed goes unpunished.

+1 but this seems like a little much. I can see a few small purchases even with money given for other things but to spend like 40% of it on comics, i can definitely see that upsetting the person who gave the money. 50 bucks or so would be one thing, $200 would definitely annoy me also (shrug)

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the thread, just wanted to say that that was extremely nice of you, Mike.

And is not the first time Mike has done something kind and nice for his fellow man.

Mike is, without a doubt, a great and kind person.

It was a nice jesture, but how long does the guy get scrutinized on his spending habits?

Sometimes you do a nice thing and move on.

Agreed but unless i misread it, he only sent the money last week

Comicdonna you did a great job. Very kind of you.

I will add that when I lost my job 3 years ago the first thing I did was buy a $250 comic book.. I figured the hard times are a coming and I might never get a chance to buy anything again. Made me feel good. But I did not ask anyone for any money. That would not have been a good thing. I also didnt buy anything else fribilous again until I had a job. That one purchase I guess you can say was to ease my mind. (and at the time I was not broke yet. Had a few grand in the bank)

I really hope this thread comes to a good conclusion, as both boardies involved here have always seemed to be great contributors and nice guys. :wishluck:

=1

theres a lot of people i'd like to see get their a s ses handed to them in a thread like this but excelsior isnt one of them :sorry:

Thanks Conan but, it didn't come out of my personal account. As soon as I got the insurance check from the fire, I opened an account with $5100 labelled for the CGC. Some was sent to some very appreciative boardies, who needed it like I did when our house burned. There is $2100 left. I am sad that I made a wrong choice with some of the money.

Mike you truly are a great guy,someday I want to shake your hand.I on the other hand,when I don't have money I don't buy books.As alot of you know I really only buy one or two big books a year,that's all I can afford.When bills come due I have to deal with those first,excelsior you need to learn your responsibilities come first,and not your hobbies.I know you want to have nice books like alot of people here,but the honey is much sweeter when you have to work hard for it.I would also try to make amends and pay off your loan to Mike when you can.

It was a nice jesture, but how long does the guy get scrutinized on his spending habits?

Sometimes you do a nice thing and move on.

It looks like he got the cash less than 2 weeks ago, though :shrug:

If the need for money was so small that he could spend $200 on comics then in my opinion, he should've politely declined the generous donation. I certainly would've in that situation.

Mike you truly are a great guy,someday I want to shake your hand.I on the other hand,when I don't have money I don't buy books.As alot of you know I really only buy one or two big books a year,that's all I can afford.When bills come due I have to deal with those first,excelsior you need to learn your responsibilities come first,and not your hobbies.I know you want to have nice books like alot of people here,but the honey is much sweeter when you have to work hard for it.I would also try to make amends and pay off your loan to Mike when you can.

It wasn't a loan, Dave.

It looks like he got the cash less than 2 weeks ago, though :shrug:

It was on 5/1 purchases started on 5/2

Did he actually come out and ask for money. Or was the money just graciously given??
No, I contacted him and offered.

Man this is sick.... even when I have the $$$ I think twice between food, heat and reant. I don't borrow then :censored: my friends.

I read the original thread I really wonder how much is true. (shrug)