• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dickwad Seller of the Day

499 posts in this topic

I really hope they don't pull the thread either, as I have watched some of this sellers auctions in the past and was watching a few of the lots in question, however there would seem to be evidence here to indicate that at the very least questionable tactics are being employed by the seller through Ebay.

- Selling items, not in their possession. We have talked about this before, but to my mind if you dont have the books then you shouldnt be selling them. Lets look at the sellers full explanation in this area and have soem commentary shall we.

Once you go to Ebay it is your responsibility as the seller to ensure that the goods are available, after all they are now on the auction block right. I don't understand? If you didnt have to books, did you not still have a contract with this person? You mention amending the contract, so I assume there is a contract which leads logically to four scenerios.

1. The conract was unsigned = you shouldnt be selling the books.

2. There was a clause stating a rate of return = you should have set a reserve.

3. There was no contract, IE you are staing a falsehood.

4. Your contract states that the books must be delivered before they can be auctioned. Well then you shouldn't have put them up on Ebay = you broke your own contract.

The seller says "don't shoot the messenger" but I think you can shoot the messenger if the messenger is culpable.

Another thing I'm curious about. What about the lot that did sell for $16.50 has that transaction taken place.

The sellers Ebay ID has changes and under the old ID listed auctions with lottery type bonus scenerios. As Darth has indicated these type of auctions should be avoided. news.gif

To Sterling, yes the seller did conduct themselves with a high degree of candour but that does NOT and SHOULD NOT cloud the issue that the fact seem to indicate that they ended the auctions early for suspect reasons and/or have employed suspect, or fraudulent tactics in the past.

Just because you do 20K in business a month does not mean that you are reputable. Danny Dupcak does alot of business too - 'nuff said.

And to Deathlock and the others who were on JC about his behavior, I think that I can cite at least one transaction for a MULITITUDE of Board Membes including Myself where the transaction went awry, and there were heated feelings on this board. Shall I say the name CAL....... I defended you then 'lock after I read all the arguements on both sides and I stand with JC now on this one.

BOTTOM LINE IS I WILL BE AVOIDING THIS SELLER AUCTIONS AND WOULD RECOMMEND OTHERS DO TOO. YOU COULD END UP LIKE DARTH HOWEVER I THINK THERE ARE MORE EXPERIENCES ON THE STRIKE BOARD HERE AND ITS DEFINITELY BUYER BEWARE WITH THIS GUY- DONT CRY IF YOU ARE THE NEXT TO GET BURNED

I didn't have a problem with JC calling out the seller. I had a real problem with him calling me "weak minded" simply because I gave the seller's reasonable-sounding explanation the benefit of the doubt (when JC hadn't unveiled all of the secret emails yet that proved the seller is a lying SOS). That is way out of line.

And to Deathlock and the others who were on JC about his behavior, I think that I can cite at least one transaction for a MULITITUDE of Board Membes including Myself where the transaction went awry, and there were heated feelings on this board. Shall I say the name CAL....... I defended you then 'lock after I read all the arguements on both sides and I stand with JC now on this one.

While I think you make valid points, I think your wrong. I think JC is fully correct and the seller is wrong. I have said so. Yet another case where you read what you want.

JC was wrong in calling board weak-minded, that includes you jbud. JC did not present all of the facts, only to release some of them later. Yet he wanted all of us to believe him based upon this. That's fine if you choose to side with JC based upon what he says. I choose to go on facts, and the fact is the seller ended the auction early because he did not supposedly have the books in hand. He was wrong, that's it. JC was wrong for calling us "weak-minded" for reading the sellers posts.

I agree with that. Presentation is part of it. Just because you happen to have a great case, (and I believe JC to have one) doesn't justify name calling.

It may very well come from frustration at not having everyone jump on the wagon immediately for not seeing things as clearly as you, but don't blow up the wagon with the personal stuff. And as a former bait-monger (I am copyrighting that word!), I recognize when folks are getting baited too, so it works both ways.

Hopefully, JC will return soon, and we can get back to getting to the bottom of this suspicious looking set of auctions. Keep your eye on the ball here. I have seen the enemy and it is not us!

Ya Scott I understand and know that you and most of the members are not , far from it. I think that if you throw out all the [!@#%^&^] in this string it becomes clear that what we as buyers are really trying to do is what EBAY should be doing. Follow up and investigation into auctions that have had problems associated with them. I would call this customer service, something foreign to Ebay for the most part. Looks like we are on our own again, but I for one can say that thanks to the on this board I have probably saved thousands of dollars that could have found their way into the pockets of unscrupulous sellers.

Thanks to all for flushing these things out into the open where there can, for the most part be discussion on both ends and people have the opportunity to formulate educated opinions if they wish to do so.

thumbsup2.gif to Steve and the gang at CGC for hosting the Forum - the positives outweigh the 893censored-thumb.gif

JC was wrong in calling board weak-minded, that includes you jbud. JC did not present all of the facts, only to release some of them later. Yet he wanted all of us to believe him based upon this. That's fine if you choose to side with JC based upon what he says. I choose to go on facts, and the fact is the seller ended the auction early because he did not supposedly have the books in hand. He was wrong, that's it. JC was wrong for calling us "weak-minded" for reading the sellers posts.

Coming from JC calling the board weak-minded shouldn't phase anyone. Besides, I'm sure it doesn't compare to the verbal responses we made to our monitors upon reading it. I know it didn't compare to mine.

Anyhow, to bad we couldn't have gotten all the facts and other input before JC went on hiatus. It would be hysterical if they pulled this thread considering almost everyone is in agreement with JC regarding the eBay auctions. It's just a board monitor's mouse-click away from never existing, until it's nominated for thread of the year and someone grudgingly pulls a text file out for everyone to enjoy.

oh, that person saying there's no Brooklen in South Boston, were they actually looking for Brookline? Which of course is just south of Boston.

CRC

NEED hanging file folders, lots of them, PM me if you have some. Thanks.

oh, that person saying there's no Brooklen in South Boston, were they actually looking for Brookline? Which of course is just south of Boston.

No we are talking about Brooklyn New York, or Brooklen as Nikos wrote in an e-mail! 27_laughing.gif

Yikes.. all the drama, violence, and emotions you might expect from an Episode of

The Sopranos..

All in 1 tidy little thread.

After reading most of this.. all I can say is.. 893blahblah.gif

"Hammer must be either giddy grin.gif, or sad frown.gif that we are not talking about him right now..."

Z

p.s.

J.C. Supermartyr........priceless Red..

Actually, I'm betting that Belladonna is one of nikos61's shill IDs. He's cracking up as we type....

You bring up a good point. I have heard that a lot of people on these forums shill for eachother. I think that is worse than cancelling an auction. Doing eachother favors and making people pay more? Does not sound fair to me. So their must be a load of D*[!@#%^&^] head sellers of the day in here. Why even gripe about someone else's auction if some of you use people to shill your own stuff. confused-smiley-013.gif

Belladonna

"Lets see been around these boards for about a year. Not much of a poster more of a reader.

Name: Bella (yes I am one of the few females)

Michigan

Height:5'6

Weight: 115

Bra Size: Ha Kidding. Had you going!

Not married but involved

No Kids but 3 dogs. I love my dogs.

I have a choc Lab(Jake)

American Bull Dog (Gunner)

and a Golden Ret. (Yossarian)

I spoil them as if they were my kids.

Job: Can you figure that one out by my sig?

Hobbies: Of course Rockets Chat,my computer,music, Comics, Movies, Hockey and a good few online games.

As for comics I collect a wide range, mostly Marvel. I have been slacking lately.

I guess that would be all I can think of now.

Lean against the car and Spead em!!"

From the CPG board doesn't sound like a pig .......No pic though.

J.C. Not weak minded but people lean towards trust and forgiveness and the explanation was plausible. Come back and yell at Deathlok for awhile it'll make you feel better.

I of course will not be pleased until we see a pic of BellaDonna.

How big is the discount now on that website?

You had a real problem and you still do. Your threats were recorded and put of file so keep it up.

i don't know about where y'all are but in california, i'm pretty sure you have to get permission from someone to tape record a conversation. so even if you recorded it, it's not worth anything unless you got permission. unless your state law is different... not that it really matters.

You had a real problem and you still do. Your threats were recorded and put of file so keep it up.

i don't know about where y'all are but in california, i'm pretty sure you have to get permission from someone to tape record a conversation. so even if you recorded it, it's not worth anything unless you got permission. unless your state law is different... not that it really matters.

FFB might be able to enlighten us yet again. You can tape record a conversation without the other person's permission or knowledge. What you do with the tape recording is another matter.

FFB might be able to enlighten us yet again. You can tape record a conversation without the other person's permission or knowledge. What you do with the tape recording is another matter.

It depends on what state you are in. California requires consent by both parties.

To Sterling, yes the seller did conduct themselves with a high degree of candour but that does NOT and SHOULD NOT cloud the issue that the fact seem to indicate that they ended the auctions early for suspect reasons and/or have employed suspect, or fraudulent tactics in the past.

Nail on, jbud. I wasn't giving the seller a free ticket when I commented on his approach--if anything, I'm hoping JC and others could learn to take a more tactful approach. Wasting air, I guess confused-smiley-013.gif

I thank JC for bringing this up, and I'm not too keen on the approaches the seller has taken, and I will act accordingly. I'm just hoping we can cool on the name calling here--it's only comics ferchrissakes.