• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

I predict splashpage will be happy

And that the Nowell Brothers will have another CAF entry. That's the only two certains we know so far.

Jim

That's not fair!

ps.

I wonder how much that issue 100 REPRINT cover sold for?

Now that would be interesting.

its a bidding war between like 3 people - you can tell from the bid history - the same 3 people are bidding it up - this isnt going to be an accurate reflection of the WD OA market - unfortunately the same 2-3 people are buying up all the WD OA..

I wonder...once those 2-3 people lose their pool of money (if ever)...will the market experience a lull...

Edited by Jerry S

its a bidding war between like 3 people - you can tell from the bid history - the same 3 people are bidding it up - this isnt going to be an accurate reflection of the WD OA market - unfortunately the same 2-3 people are buying up all the WD OA..

I wonder...once those 2-3 people lose their pool of money (if ever)...will the market experience a lull...

Jerry: Even if they do, what will be left to buy??? :sorry:

Jim

The only sure thing is that they will all take a big hit when it comes time to sell. hm

Just send Tony & Kara a link and ask them if it's Tony's art.

artsales@tonymooreillustration.com

Kara usually replies back the same day. The email address is readily available on their website. Extremely nice people. I'd say it's a real Tony Moore original. Back in 2006 & 2007 he was doing a lot of quick sketches. Looks to me like some one wanted themselves drawn as a zombie.

Now that his commissions are commanding substantial prices ($600 - $800) he spends a lot of time at conventions drawing them. I own 3 Tony Moore commissions and each one he spent 3 + hours drawing each. He's also been cutting back the amount of time spent on drawing at conventions. Typically one sketch a day at a convention and some days/ conventions he's not even sketching. The drawing may be crude for Tony's impressive work but it's hard to get a sketch from Tony especially that cheap!

I own 3 Tony Moore commissions and I've seen numerous. Looks to be original art by Tony to me. Many of his early quick sketches look like this.

Tony Moore usually signs "Thanks", "Rot on" or "Rock on" and the persons name. I own two with 'Thanks" and one with "Rot on".

The two times I've seen Tony sketching he didnt use color but someone might have brought the red pencil/ marker with them and asked him to add it. I had the Rob Guillory the Chew artist do sketches for me in a hard cover with the gold & silver pigmented archival markers I brought with me. I always bring my own pigmented archival markers and my own blank comic art board to conventions for sketches!

If those three people are driving the prices up, isn't that "the market?"

I can think of a couple of instances where just one person came in and ran prices up on a particular series/artist. Depending on the art in question prices may not drop back "to normal" once that person has left :sorry:

Why exactly do I deserve these comments Jerry S & Mr Not So Nice early in the board? This is in reference to my Walking Dead 27 cover and the insults for turning down offers. I'm referred to as seller A and the first owner is seller B. Seller B sold it to Mike D and I purchased it a while ago. I just bought it in the Spring and I don't want to sell it no need to be rude. Being a fellow CAF members I would have hoped you guys would have a little more class on a public board. Thanks for linking the insult to my site to... Nice!

Edited by kingjeffo

What exactly makes me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person Mr Not So Nice? I'm seller A and seller B sold it to Mike Davis. Being a fellow CAF member not to mention a seller through CAF I would have hoped you'd have a little more class.

NO IDEA wtf you are talking about (shrug)

Please redirect me to the post that I insulted you hm

Jerry some people collect because they love the art and /or the story.

Kara and Tony own Walking Dead cover 1, 2, 3 and were asked at Fan Expo 2012 if they would sell the covers. Kara said never it's not for sale and she had an offer for issue #1 close to 6 figures. Walking Dead #19 had an offer for $25,000 that was turned down on comiclink. Walking Dead 1 pg2 splash sold for over $10,000 and it was one of Tony Moore's friends that purchased. She told me how much he bought it for back in 2006 and it would blow some peoples minds how much profit he made.

Sure it's fun to speculate but the fact of the matter is Walking Dead 27 cover is not for sale. Not sure why you keep mentioning my cover on the CGC boards. I could go through your collection and post the high prices you're trying to fetch on ebay and post some of the prices you paid but that would be just plain rude.

Not to mention insulting Charlie's art on the board. I've talked with Charlie and he's one of the nicest artists. Just like when your at work some days your stellar and some days you might not be into it. Either way you're buying it like it's bars of gold or Apple stock. Take it easy on the guy no need to trash him publically. He's on the internet all the time and so is his art rep.

Edited by kingjeffo

There isn't a lit matchsticks chance on the cold side of the planet that WD 27 cover will be worth 10k in 3 years.

I know who that guy is and he is an absolute insufficiently_thoughtful_person for not selling for 10k

Just my 2 cents..

Which one is more MAROON?

COLLECTOR A

or

COLLECTOR B

If you don't own it, it shouldn't be on display in your CAF rantrant

---------

Sorry it wasn't just you it was a Jerry S / Not So Nice tag team. I edited my comment to reflect that now. Thanks for posting my CAF site with the not so nice comments.

Edited by kingjeffo

There isn't a lit matchsticks chance on the cold side of the planet that WD 27 cover will be worth 10k in 3 years.

I know who that guy is and he is an absolute insufficiently_thoughtful_person for not selling for 10k

Just my 2 cents..

Which one is more MAROON?

COLLECTOR A

or

COLLECTOR B

If you don't own it, it shouldn't be on display in your CAF rantrant

---------

Sorry it wasn't just you it was a Jerry S / Not So Nice tag team. Thanks for posting my CAF site with the not so nice comments.

Punctuation is free. I am really not following the first sentence that says it wasn't me but it was me (shrug)

I was simply asking who he was talking about since I found the cover in two different galleries. Take a deep breath, re-read the post and you'll see I wasn't insulting anyone. Nor am I "tag teaming" with anyone.

I think you're looking for some abrasiveness where there is none

The board name may be NotSoNice, but I've got a little more tact than to call someone a insufficiently_thoughtful_person on a message board for what they buy and/or sell.

The intent may not have been there on your part but you linked my gallery to the Jerry S rant and asked who was more MAROON. I think we both now what MAROON is supposed to say. I originally read it as your comment not realizing it was a quote from Jerry S. Either way I still didn't appreciate it and it certainly felt like a tag team.

Not to mention insulting Charlie's art on the board. I've talked with Charlie and he's one of the nicest artists. Just like when your at work some days your stellar and some days you might not be into it. Either way you're buying it like it's bars of gold or Apple stock. Take it easy on the guy no need to trash him publically. He's on the internet all the time and so is his art rep.

Agree. I have to say I regret some of my comments elsewhere on the boards as they could have been better worded and I hope they were not insulting. Mentioning that the zombie art was not what it used to be in some cases reflects your above comment. I can't say I was at my best when I said it as I had gotten outbid on some early zombie art several days earlier (perhaps reflecting more of my mood more than I would have liked, but not in an offensive manner).

meh.

The intent may not have been there on your part but you linked my gallery to the Jerry S rant and asked who was more MAROON. I think we both now what MAROON is supposed to say. I originally read it as your comment not realizing it was a quote from Jerry S. Either way I still didn't appreciate it and it certainly felt like a tag team.

6 posts with 3 copied and pasted and the other 3 complaining about others. You best lose some of that sensitivity or you'll spend your life posting about how upset you are. :makepoint: